2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
To be honest, I dont know. Kirk isnt as great as a shooter as I thought he was going to be, and I like CJ Watson as Rose's backup. Bogans is bigger and plays good enough defense, i dont know that Kirk would be a great upgrade

I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. Kirk is exactly the type of player we need right now. He is not a elite shooter ala Korver or Ray Allen, but he is shooting 45-41-89% this season, pretty good don't u think? A career 38% from 3s is no slouch either. While Bogans is a good defender, Kirk is a great defender (all defensive team recognition), a couple years back I even heard people call him the best defensive guard in the league besides Kobe.

The most important difference between Bogans and Kirk is Kirk can actually handle. We do not have anyone who can handle the ball and create their own shots outside of Rose and Watson, that is why you see constant trapping on Rose. Bogans is one trick pony who can only shoot spot up threes, but you get more dimensions with Kirk. Lastly, Kirk can easily get you 10-12 points a game with limited touches, but Bogans 4 points per game is not going to fly.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Tom Thibodeau said that Carlos Boozer (ankle) would be sidelined between a few days and a week. X-rays Wednesday night were negative and an MRI Thursday revealed no serious damage. Boozer simply has an ankle sprain that is swollen and needs time to heal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
You have to go with the Lakers. I don't see how anyone would pick the Heat in that game.

The Lakers now have their twin towers back, temporarily healthy, and playing at a high level. That was what they were missing earlier in the season, and in particular that is the biggest weakness of the Heat.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Who are you picking for Heat/LAL tonight? I will go with Heat in a close one, almost just because at some point the talent of Wade and LBJ will win out, not scientific obviously.

Funny part will be if it is tonight or next week, when Heat win I'm sure they will be dancing all around and ESPN will declare them "fixed", just like when Tiger has a good round.

I think Heat will win. The Lakers don't play strong team defense which is where the Heat struggle. Most of the Heat guys can take the Lakers off the dribble. Where the Heat struggle is teams that play good team D.

ESPN will open with them winning, asking whether they are now fixed, and the answer will still be "let's wait and see".

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
To be honest, I dont know. Kirk isnt as great as a shooter as I thought he was going to be, and I like CJ Watson as Rose's backup. Bogans is bigger and plays good enough defense, i dont know that Kirk would be a great upgrade

Going to have to side with thxfrthmmrs on this. Everyone already knows he's a great defender, so no issues there, and while he's not a great shooter he's decent. He isn't half the creator that Rose is but he can move with the ball, and is a threat to score, especially with defenses preoccupied with Rose. He would get some wide open looks at threes, too. He'd fit into the 2 guard spot perfectly (he was never really a PG...).

I understand why they gave him away, and I'm not bitter about it or anything, but I wish he was on this team right now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
Going to have to side with thxfrthmmrs on this. Everyone already knows he's a great defender, so no issues there, and while he's not a great shooter he's decent. He isn't half the creator that Rose is but he can move with the ball, and is a threat to score, especially with defenses preoccupied with Rose. He would get some wide open looks at threes, too. He'd fit into the 2 guard spot perfectly (he was never really a PG...).

I understand why they gave him away, and I'm not bitter about it or anything, but I wish he was on this team right now.

Hinrich is not and has never been a great defender.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
Hinrich is not and has never been a great defender.

Great? No. Great would be Andre Iguodala (who's the best perimeter defender in the game), Ron Artest or Tony Allen. But Kirk is definitely above average. Used to give Wade fits when he was here. That said, at his salary, I'm glad he's gone.

Heat just went to the basket on every shot down the stretch it seemed.

Kobe had a rough night after his good start, and the Lakers had a few too many turnovers between the big men, especially at the end of the 3rd period.

But Miami actually got some bench production tonight, and that made all of the difference in the world, that and Bosh playing decent for a change.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
That said, at his salary, I'm glad he's gone.

Not to mention his consistent dribbling out the clock and average court vision. But then again, I was never a fan of his.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 06:49 AM)
Not to mention his consistent dribbling out the clock and average court vision. But then again, I was never a fan of his.

Hinrich played his ass off for the Bulls every night even with average talent around him. Not sure how anyone can not be a fan of his. Look at the weak teams he had to play on.

Edited by PeavyTime

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)

Couldn't have said it any better. I'm not saying Kirk was a god or anything, but he would be a huge help to this team as it is set up right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
Couldn't have said it any better. I'm not saying Kirk was a god or anything, but he would be a huge help to this team as it is set up right now.

Exactly how I feel. When he was here I wasn't exactly singing his praises, I used to invent new cursewords while he dribbled the ball for 18 seconds before desperately flinging up an awkward-looking shot that bounced off the lower right side of the backboard. But he wouldn't be doing that on this team if he was here.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
Hinrich played his ass off for the Bulls every night even with average talent around him. Not sure how anyone can not be a fan of his. Look at the weak teams he had to play on.

Kirk was part of that average talent. He is an average talent.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
celtics lose to the 76ers .....if the bulls can pull this game out, we will be only .5 out of the top seed in the east

Gotta admit, I didn't come close to seeing this coming. This Bulls squad has made me look foolish, and I love it. Rose had an awful shooting night. But he was aggressive and attacked the basket at will. That's the difference between a good scorer and a great scorer. Get to that FT line. God I wish we could go more than a f***ing week with a full roster.

This Bulls team has won against every team in the NBA now except New York. The Hawks were one of the teams they hadn't beat. This season has exceeded all my expectations.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 06:49 AM)

I was a fan.

I just hated how he had NO consistent jump shot. Not acceptable, especially for a white player :unsure: