2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
I was 9 years old in the summer of 1991 but I VIVIDLY recall EVERY SINGLE ONE of those players from that team. Cliff Levingston, Craig Hodges, etc.

I was almost 8, I dont remember all of the players, but I do remember being allowed to stay up late to watch the games.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 12, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
I was 9 years old in the summer of 1991 but I VIVIDLY recall EVERY SINGLE ONE of those players from that team. Cliff Levingston, Craig Hodges, etc.

I was almost the same age with the 83 Sox team, but I am still the same way to this day. Line ups, batting stances, etc.

I can't believe the Bulls have a realistic shot at winning 60 games this year. Simply incredible with the injuries. Have to go 13-4 in the last 17 games, not easy, but looking at the schedule not unrealistic.

Washington

@New Jersey

@Indiana

Sacramento

@Atlanta

Memphis

@Milwaukee

Philadelphia

@Minnesota

@Detroit

Toronto

Phoenix

Boston

@Cleveland

@Orlando

@NY Knicks

New Jersey

Only four really tough games: the road games against Atlanta, Orlando, the Knicks and at home against Bosotn.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)

I mis-guessed on some of the names based on how they were introduced (they called Levingston instant offense and I figured they were talking about Hodges)...but yeah...

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
I can't believe the Bulls have a realistic shot at winning 60 games this year. Simply incredible with the injuries. Have to go 13-4 in the last 17 games, not easy, but looking at the schedule not unrealistic.

Washington

@New Jersey

@Indiana

Sacramento

@Atlanta

Memphis

@Milwaukee

Philadelphia

@Minnesota

@Detroit

Toronto

Phoenix

Boston

@Cleveland

@Orlando

@NY Knicks

New Jersey

Only four really tough games: the road games against Atlanta, Orlando, the Knicks and at home against Bosotn.

If they can play at the level they are playing right now, they can easily go 16-1.

Trouble is, the Bulls always play down to their opponent. They may end up beating all of Boston, Orlando and Atlanta at ATL, but they will sure lose a game here and there playing the weaklings.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
Trouble is, the Bulls always play down to their opponent. They may end up beating all of Boston, Orlando and Atlanta at ATL, but they will sure lose a game here and there playing the weaklings.

It's probably a petty thing to disagree with, but it's not true they "always play down to their opponent". They didn't last night, and they have blown out a number weaker teams this season as well. They have lost some games you would think they wouldn't lose (Philly when they were bad...the Nets...GS), but if you look around virtually all teams do that. The Lakers, Heat, and Celtics all certainly have done that this season as well. That's one reason why the 72-10 record is pretty astounding.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
I'm sure Business as Rasual Butler is.

yeah what is the deal why did we sign him if he is going to be riding the bench the rest of the way....i definately thought he'd get some game minutes last night against Utah w/ the bulls being up by 30

Well, the double-double streak (53 games!!!1) is over. Love finishes tonight's game with 6 points, 12 rebounds. He got benched with four minutes left.

Time to drink a glass of scotch to that streak. It was amazing to watch night in and out.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
Well, the double-double streak (53 games!!!1) is over. Love finishes tonight's game with 6 points, 12 rebounds. He got benched with four minutes left.

Time to drink a glass of scotch to that streak. It was amazing to watch night in and out.

They went 13-40 over that streak.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
A special set of circumstances? You mean like being really good at basketball?

That... of course that... combined with being the only guy on the roster capable of rebounding.