2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
That... of course that... combined with being the only guy on the roster capable of rebounding.

Give me a break. 16 RPG is no fluke. I can understand scoring. Even bad players are capable of 15-20 PPG. Somebody has to score. But 16 RPG is about determination, effort and want to. Who are the big bruising bangers that have been snatching rebounds away from Dwight Howard the last few years? Nobody tries to pigeonhole him. And he's never averaged as many RPG as Love.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to really sell that Love is a solid rebounder, look at the team rebounding stats. Minnesota is tied with the Magic for the 2nd best rebounding margin in the game currently; they average 3.1 more rebounds than the their opponent.

If we say "oh the TWolves just can't shoot", that is true, but then we can look at rebounding percentage. There, the Magic get .519% of the rebounds, for 2nd in the league, and the TWolves are tied with the Lakers at .518% of their rebounds.

Minnesota is a bad team that is really good on the Boards. They're just as good as Orlando. Only 1 team in the league is clearly better.

Note that in neither case have I pointed out the team at the top of both categories.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
They went 13-40 over that streak.

And this is somehow Love's fault? I'm sorry, but when you put up 31 points and 21 rebounds and lose by one point, it's not your fault that your team didn't get the W.

The same can be said about plenty of those 53 games.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
And this is somehow Love's fault? I'm sorry, but when you put up 31 points and 21 rebounds and lose by one point, it's not your fault that your team didn't get the W.

The same can be said about plenty of those 53 games.

It always seemed like Jordan's biggest point games early in his career were losses. Once he became a better team player, and had better teammates, that was when the Bulls started rolling.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
It always seemed like Jordan's biggest point games early in his career were losses. Once he became a better team player, and had better teammates, that was when the Bulls started rolling.

I'd probably reverse these. It's easy to be a better team player when you're on a better team.

NJ's actually won 5 in a row now.

Interested to see how that team will look next season when they sign Kirilenko in the off-season and Deron has a full season with them. They still have some bad contracts though (Outlaw 5/35, Petro 3/10 etc.).

We're up by 5 over the Lakers at HT. Kobe clearly shouldn't be playing with that ankle of his, but I'll definitely take the win if we can pull it off (would give us a winning West Coast Road Trip which is always nice).

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Noah out tonight because he is sick. Or at least sent home now. Not sure if he is definitely out. Could be looking at starting front court of Asik and Thomas tonight.

That hurts with Boozer out. Could mean some Scalbrine time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Noah out tonight because he is sick. Or at least sent home now. Not sure if he is definitely out. Could be looking at starting front court of Asik and Thomas tonight.

If only we'd dealt for Courtney Lee, he could totally start at center for us tonight, right J4L?