2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Not to call you out, but the Bulls were in New Jersey last night and play in Indiana tonight. Does Scalabrine not travel on road trips?

Indiana is a stones throw from Chicago.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
Indiana is a stones throw from Chicago.

So the Bulls fly home from NJ, just to wake up and fly to Indiana for a game that starts at 6 PM Central? Instead of flying straight from NJ to Indiana?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Not to call you out, but the Bulls were in New Jersey last night and play in Indiana tonight. Does Scalabrine not travel on road trips?

I thought he said today (announced it on Waddle & Silvy) but maybe it was this weekend. It does not make the effort less amazing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
I thought he said today (announced it on Waddle & Silvy) but maybe it was this weekend. It does not make the effort less amazing.

No doubt, he's the man. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Scal.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Bulls are REALLY lucky that wasn't called a foul.

we will consider that a makeup for the rest of the game since it was the most one-sided officiating job I have ever seen. Great comeback by the Bulls. Rose with icewater in his veins nails 3 free throws to tie it.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Bulls are REALLY lucky that wasn't called a foul.

(although the Pacers announcers were ridiculously homericious there :P)

Pacers announcers are some of the most homerist announcers ever. with 47.6 seconds left in over, Rose drove the lane, the defender was trying to take the charge, both men hit the deck hard as Rose hits the layup, clearly a block foul should have been call, but those morons say it was a good no call (really? when both men hit the floor hard, it should be a good no call?). with 24 seconds left, Rose strips McRoberts, he got all balls, barely any arms, but McRoberts sold it and refs called a foul. Those f***ers says that's got to be a foul. Good thing that those f***ers will be working locally their entire lives.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

Good night for us and Miami it seems, with the Bulls, Knicks and Hawks all losing, and the Celtics down by 22 to Houston in the 3rd.

There's actually a chance Philadelphia could end up with the 5 seed if Atlanta continue playing the way they have over the past 5-6 games.

That was one of the more horrific ref jobs i have seen in quite some time, when Hansbrough "stripped" Rose after they trapped him early in OT, Hansbrough should have fouled out at that moment. Plus, when the bulls were down two, and Rose drove to the lane and had 3 attempts underneath he was just getting mauled.

And the rest of the team should be apologizing to Rose for their lackluster effort down the stretch, especially Korver and Bogans. Korver passed up multiple wide open three point looks, and that stretch in the 3rd quarter where Bogans missed a wide open 3(big surprise), had 2 consecutive turnovers and a technical made it almost impossible to come back in regulation.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Good night for us and Miami it seems, with the Bulls, Knicks and Hawks all losing, and the Celtics down by 22 to Houston in the 3rd.

There's actually a chance Philadelphia could end up with the 5 seed if Atlanta continue playing the way they have over the past 5-6 games.

You guys have an outside chance of catching Miami but it´s really a two horse race for the #1 seed in the EC IMO, the Bulls and the Celtics would really have to tank it in the little over a dozen or so games left in the season...it can happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
That was one of the more horrific ref jobs i have seen in quite some time, when Hansbrough "stripped" Rose after they trapped him early in OT, Hansbrough should have fouled out at that moment. Plus, when the bulls were down two, and Rose drove to the lane and had 3 attempts underneath he was just getting mauled.

And the rest of the team should be apologizing to Rose for their lackluster effort down the stretch, especially Korver and Bogans. Korver passed up multiple wide open three point looks, and that stretch in the 3rd quarter where Bogans missed a wide open 3(big surprise), had 2 consecutive turnovers and a technical made it almost impossible to come back in regulation.

Korver does nothing for me. Rarely does he hit a shot when really needed. He can hit an insurance shot, but down ten, needing a three, Korver is throwing up bricks.

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Korver does nothing for me. Rarely does he hit a shot when really needed. He can hit an insurance shot, but down ten, needing a three, Korver is throwing up bricks.

Korver has hit daggers to seal games away a handful of times this year. I mean big threes.

He may not lead a comeback, but he'll stop the other team from doing it.

Andrew Bynum just committed one of the dirtiest fouls of the year against the Wolves. Beasley went up for a dunk, and instead of trying for the ball at all, Bynum lowered his shoulder and shoved him to the ground with his forearm while Beasley was defenseless mid-air.

Bynum naturally got a flagrant two and was ejected, leaving the court to applause from the fans.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 07:45 AM)
Not that bad but highly overrated

He is a terrific player when healthy. I don't think he is overrated at all, he just can't stay healthy. He has a 21.60 PER, which is terrific and better than anyone not named Rose on the Bulls.

Averaging 11 points/9 boards/2 blocks per game while shooting 57% in only 27 minutes per game. He is a solid defender (maybe dirty) and a strong scorer.

He's also only 23 years old and a legit 7-feet with strength. What's exactly overrated about him?

And he is probably going to be the reason the Lakers obtain Dwight Howard next year.

Edited by maggsmaggs

If the Lakers convince the Magic to take Bynum and his 50 year old knees for Howard, I will be very disappointed in the Magic. Everyone keeps throwing around "If healthy" with Bynum. Thats the thing, the kid is never healthy. He has missed significant time with injuries to both knees in each of the past 4 seasons.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
No. Dumb.

My comparison wasn't for both as players, it was for the flagrant fouls. Bynum's was argubly worse IMO.

Guess I should have pointed that out in my original post though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)
If the Lakers convince the Magic to take Bynum and his 50 year old knees for Howard, I will be very disappointed in the Magic. Everyone keeps throwing around "If healthy" with Bynum. Thats the thing, the kid is never healthy. He has missed significant time with injuries to both knees in each of the past 4 seasons.

If Howard leaves the Magic, my guess is he'll join the Nets in Brooklyn.

Everyone keeps linking him to the Lakers, but the last thing he wants to do, is to be compared to Shaq (in terms of bolting Orlando for Los Angeles).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
If Howard leaves the Magic, my guess is he'll join the Nets in Brooklyn.

Everyone keeps linking him to the Lakers, but the last thing he wants to do, is to be compared to Shaq (in terms of bolting Orlando for Los Angeles).

If he leaves Orlando now, after having this team melted down, he will have that yolk to bear anyway.