2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absolutely amazing how everything has developed with this Bulls team as the season progresses.

Rose's defense is now pretty damn good. He's shutting down CP3 and Deron Williams like they're Carlos Arroyo-type point guards. After playing pretty meh for the majority of the second half, D-Rose has turned it up in the last three games.

Luol Deng has turned into one of the better SFs in the league. Remember when everyone thought his contract was terrible and hated him? Well, now just about everyone loves him, his biggest fan might be Thibs and for good reason, Deng's an elite defender.

Noah and Boozer hasn't worked out as well as everybody thought, but they've played, what, 20 games together? I don't remember things working out this well for any Chicago team since the 05 Sox and maybe the 06 Bears. But this Bulls team has a chance to accomplish something really special.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
It's absolutely amazing how everything has developed with this Bulls team as the season progresses.

Rose's defense is now pretty damn good. He's shutting down CP3 and Deron Williams like they're Carlos Arroyo-type point guards. After playing pretty meh for the majority of the second half, D-Rose has turned it up in the last three games.

Luol Deng has turned into one of the better SFs in the league. Remember when everyone thought his contract was terrible and hated him? Well, now just about everyone loves him, his biggest fan might be Thibs and for good reason, Deng's an elite defender.

Noah and Boozer hasn't worked out as well as everybody thought, but they've played, what, 20 games together? I don't remember things working out this well for any Chicago team since the 05 Sox and maybe the 06 Bears. But this Bulls team has a chance to accomplish something really special.

Last year's Hawks, too.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)

The Bulls have made a fool out of J4L. And I have no problem admitting it. I thought 45-48 wins would be a best-case scenario. Never could've imagined they would be this dominant defensively. I assumed Rose would continue his natural progression. But not to this degree. I still think we lack another wing/guard that can create for others while, of course, getting his own offense. And teams like Boston and Miami, hopefully we only have to play one of them to get to the finals, will do their damndest to exploit this. But it's nearly April and HCA through the east playoffs is looking imminent. Nothing to complain about from me.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
Lakers vs Suns was probably GOTY right there.

Anyone else see Steve Nash's pass in second overtime when he was double teamed and falling?

The one where he got away with a brutal travel? :lolhitting

In all seriousness, it was a great pass though. And also in all seriousness, Vince Carter looks done.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
The one where he got away with a brutal travel? :lolhitting

In all seriousness, it was a great pass though. And also in all seriousness, Vince Carter looks done.

Agreed on Carter. Orlando came to that conclusion about Carter in the Boston playoff series last season. J Rich has been a slight upgrade, but he's also very streaky (can look great 1 minute and can't hit his shot at all the next).

Gortat's been a great pickup for PHX though.

Did anyone catch that unbelievably bush league move by Hilton Armstrong at the end of the game last night? Dude pretended to shake CJ Watson's hand as CJ was dribbling off the last 10 seconds, stole the ball, ran up and hit a 3. I was in shock. The Bulls were in shock. Unreal.

The Bulls, and particularly Rose, have been in seek and destroy(Asik and Destroy, haha!) mode since the Indiana game.

The thing that I absolutely love is that the second unit is almost as scary as the first unit for opposing teams. The Bulls send that unit out in the second quarter against other teams starters and it seems like most of the time the second unit will pad the lead and take the Bulls into the half with a lead while frustrating the opposing teams just as much as the starters do. The depth that the Bulls have going into the playoffs is just amazing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
The Bulls, and particularly Rose, have been in seek and destroy(Asik and Destroy, haha!) mode since the Indiana game.

The thing that I absolutely love is that the second unit is almost as scary as the first unit for opposing teams. The Bulls send that unit out in the second quarter against other teams starters and it seems like most of the time the second unit will pad the lead and take the Bulls into the half with a lead while frustrating the opposing teams just as much as the starters do. The depth that the Bulls have going into the playoffs is just amazing.

And the depth my friend will go far in the playoffs against teams like Boston and miami

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
Last year's Hawks, too.

I've seen it happen more than a few times now where people who were talking about recent Chicago championships completely overlooked the Hawks. I heard or read somewhere last summer (and I agreed with this statement) that once the Bulls start winning again the Hawks will become irrevelant once more- Bulls playoffs haven't even started and the Hawks haven't even had a chance to defend their title, but no one cares. The people that called Chicago a hockey town after the Hawks won were as wrong as a vegan working at a slaughterhouse. This isn't a rip at Hawks fans at all, I just find it remarkable how quickly people forgot about them.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
Did anyone catch that unbelievably bush league move by Hilton Armstrong at the end of the game last night? Dude pretended to shake CJ Watson's hand as CJ was dribbling off the last 10 seconds, stole the ball, ran up and hit a 3. I was in shock. The Bulls were in shock. Unreal.

This classless fool is known for doing this. He can't get any stats during real competition so he have to pad his stats using bush league moves.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)

When I saw him hit the three I thought, "next time the Bulls will win by 50."

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
When I saw him hit the three I thought, "next time the Bulls will win by 50."

Yeah, the Bulls aren't exactly a team you want to piss off... they had itches to scratch against the Kings and Hawks their last two games and game out and just f***ing dominated.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Celtics lose to Memphis. Bulls up a full game.

Very nice. Bulls should win every game til that pivotal Boston game. It would be nice to have a two-game cushion facing the Celtics just to take a little pressure off. And since Boston likely will hold the tie-breaker, it would be nice to know even if we lost that game, we'd still be in first.