2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
30 wins qualifies for fighting for the 8th seed.

Eh, not really, Indiana should win around 35 games or so this season at least. 30-52 isn't what you would call a playoff record also.

And Boston loses to the Bobcats at home. That team's starting to fall off the rails a bit.

Knicks lost to the Bucks at home also.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
Eh, not really, Indiana should win around 35 games or so this season at least. 30-52 isn't what you would call a playoff record also.

And Boston loses to the Bobcats at home. That team's starting to fall off the rails a bit.

Knicks lost to the Bucks at home also.

Didn't Boston do this last season too? And then come playoff time, they got it together.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 01:05 PM)
Didn't Boston do this last season too? And then come playoff time, they got it together.

They did, so you can never write them off.

That said, without Perkins, that team really struggles down low right now, and with all of the question marks about Shaq and O'Neal's health, that's going to cause them a lot of issues in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Deng is having himself quite a game and an amazing year, really. I'll never say another bad thing about him again. And Korver just drained a 3!

A guy on Facebook was trying to say that he didn't like Korver because he never makes any clutch shots. It's like he hasn't seen a single Bulls game, or at least one in the 4th quarter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Man, you got some loser ass FB friends. Lol.

Not my friend, this was a group. lol.

Dumbest comment lately was this dude saying Kobe > Jordan and then attempting to back it up by asking how many legit 7 foot centers Jordan had to drive on. Such an appallingly stupid statement that I didn't know where to start. Another moron paraded in and said "Kobe > Jordan, stats don't lie." lol. I told him I'd spot him three point %, pick any of Kobe's stat anywhere and I'll trump it easily with Jordan's stat. Any one of them.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Not my friend, this was a group. lol.

Dumbest comment lately was this dude saying Kobe > Jordan and then attempting to back it up by asking how many legit 7 foot centers Jordan had to drive on. Such an appallingly stupid statement that I didn't know where to start. Another moron paraded in and said "Kobe > Jordan, stats don't lie." lol. I told him I'd spot him three point %, pick any of Kobe's stat anywhere and I'll trump it easily with Jordan's stat. Any one of them.

Oh ok. Seems like these guys don't know jack s*** about the Bears or Bulls. And Rose ices this one.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
Oh ok. Seems like these guys don't know jack s*** about the Bears or Bulls. And Rose ices this one.

Young NBA fans, anybody born after 1984 or 1985 is suspect. These same guys talking about Korver earlier today were trying to say Shaq was more athletic than Hakeem. lol. I asked them nicely to youtube some clips from Olajuwon in his prime.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Young NBA fans, anybody born after 1984 or 1985 is suspect. These same guys talking about Korver earlier today were trying to say Shaq was more athletic than Hakeem. lol. I asked them nicely to youtube some clips from Olajuwon in his prime.

Hey now...

Anyway, just got back from my first Bulls game.

Tony Allen got booed like crazy. f*** that guy. He should have gotten a flagrant towards the end.

Korver is a cold blooded killer.

Deng has a fire this season.

Rose is magic.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)
Hey now...

Anyway, just got back from my first Bulls game.

Tony Allen got booed like crazy. f*** that guy. He should have gotten a flagrant towards the end.

Korver is a cold blooded killer.

Deng has a fire this season.

Rose is magic.

lol well you haven't said anything stupid that I can think of, besides your occasional homer comment. What I said applies to those people, the ones who act like they know what the 80s and 90s were like (and I don't remember much NBA from the 80s myself)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 02:00 AM)
This has probably been mentioned dozens of times, but I just realized Rose would be the youngest player ever to win the MVP, should he win it this season. Heck of a season, young man.

You're the first I've seen mention it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)

Shaq was more athletic than Hakeem. Hakeem killed him in the 95 finals and is one of my favorites but Shaq was more athletic imo. Shaq is an absolute freak of nature. The athleticism he had from that frame was absolutely unreal. Hakeems post moves were better though. Dream Shake ftw.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
If it's the former, then I'm giving the nod to Dwight. He changes everything about the games Orlando plays. Their whole system is built around him offensively, and defensively he shuts off the paint from anyone on the other team. DBAH0 watches the Magic way more than I do, but every time I see them play, there's no doubt to me that Dwight significantly changes how both teams approach the game.

I think a bulk of your argument is based on physical dominance. Howard, being the man child with freakish athleticism, looks to be the most dominant player on the floor every game out there. With the eye test alone, he definitely has the most impact in the game both ends of the floor because he looks superior to his opposition. But if you take a look at DRose, is there a more dominant 6'3 guard in the league in DRose? I mean it tough to say that a 6'3 point guard is physically dominating, but that is exactly DRose is. Watching Rose on a drive to the hoop is like watching a wild stallion let loose from the barn racing towards the carrots up front while barn keepers are trying to catch him from behind. Many times you would see big men try to grab a piece of Rose while he relentlessly tries to get to the hoop. If you need illustration, just look at the amazing layup against Wade and Lebron in the last Heat game.

The point is that, I think Rose is just as physically dominating as howard on the offensive end, even though he is a 6'3 point guard. Defensively, there is no argument, Howard definitely brings more to the table than Rose. But given Rose's many late game heroics and clutch plays(tonight is a great example), it definitely gives him the edge over Howard. Howard on the other hand, is a liability in late games because his poor FT shooting, and teams don't usually draw up plays for big men late in the game. I think the value both men brings to the table is more similar than a lot would think.

As a vivid Bulls fan, I say the MVP race is a toss up now between Rose and Howard, but I will give Rose the slight advantage given the Bulls are 7 games up on the Magic in the loss column. If both team's record are similar, I would go for Howard in a heart beat.

p.s. if you think Howard has a s***ty supporting cast, get this. Count the number of games the offensively inept Keith Bogans, Taj Gibson, the 55 year old Kurt Thomas, and the injured Noah started for us, you would be amazed that the Bulls are somehow in first place.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs