2010-2011 NBA Thread

Good luck with that;

Fabolous is hoping to attract two more NBA stars, Dwight Howard and Chris Paul, to the New York Knicks.

With Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Amar'e Stoudemire on their roster, the Knicks are working on a dream team of their own. Fab told ESPN that the Knicks shouldn't stop there, and he wants to convince Dwight Howard, of the Orlando Magic, to rock the orange and blue for New York.

"I'd want him to join us," Fab said. "He, along with Chris Paul, would be the final pieces of the puzzle. We'd welcome them with open arms. They wouldn't even need to wipe their feet at the door."

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
I was wondering what happened there. Who the hell does that? Steals the ball while a player is dribbling out the clock during a blowout, even an honest steal?

He must have had himself in his fantasy league and needed the steals.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Not my friend, this was a group. lol.

Dumbest comment lately was this dude saying Kobe > Jordan and then attempting to back it up by asking how many legit 7 foot centers Jordan had to drive on. Such an appallingly stupid statement that I didn't know where to start. Another moron paraded in and said "Kobe > Jordan, stats don't lie." lol. I told him I'd spot him three point %, pick any of Kobe's stat anywhere and I'll trump it easily with Jordan's stat. Any one of them.

That was one of my all-time favorites.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 02:43 AM)
Shaq was more athletic than Hakeem. Hakeem killed him in the 95 finals and is one of my favorites but Shaq was more athletic imo. Shaq is an absolute freak of nature. The athleticism he had from that frame was absolutely unreal. Hakeems post moves were better though. Dream Shake ftw.

Olajuwon was a seven foot tall soccer player who didn't pick up a basketball until he was like 16. Think about for a minute. Can you imagine Shaq spending 90 minutes on the pitch? I know Shaq was a brute force, but Hakeem was truly a freak of nature.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
lol, Howard AND Paul with Melo and Amare? GMAB, are they going to convince the other 8 players to agree to $1 paychecks?

Yeah after the new NBA CBA, it will likely prove to be unfeasible to get either of them to Knicks.

Enjoy five more years of mediocrity Melo, it will be fun to watch.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
Olajuwon was a seven foot tall soccer player who didn't pick up a basketball until he was like 16. Think about for a minute. Can you imagine Shaq spending 90 minutes on the pitch? I know Shaq was a brute force, but Hakeem was truly a freak of nature.

They both were freaks of nature.

Hakeem was almost certainly faster and more nimble.

Though Shaq was not as fast, he was much larger, and was able to move plenty quick.

It's how you define "athletic". Pure speed, or combination of speed/power.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
Not gonna happen.They would need the salary of the New York Yankees.

They can afford it easily. They were paying more than that for the team they had a few years ago.

The question is going to be whether the NBA re-writes the rules to prevent it. I still can't imagine how 20 teams would think that is a good thing for them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
They can afford it easily. They were paying more than that for the team they had a few years ago.

The question is going to be whether the NBA re-writes the rules to prevent it. I still can't imagine how 20 teams would think that is a good thing for them.

Yeah, like you mention, I can't see other teams allowing that to happen in the new CBA.

It will be tough to get more than 2 superstars on a team IMO. JR has been an owner for a long time, and he has a good sense of what's going on and he had zero interest in adding payroll that would be around for a few years at the deadline. I know NBA union is weak, but they'll have to give some concession to get what the want, unless they seriously dangle contraction and threat cutting jobs, but it will likely be something else.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
btw, Tony Allen was quite a b**** last night. I wanted Rose to dunk over his ass and pound his chest but the opportunity never came.

Allen still ran out like a b**** trying to evade the "Stabbing" on the court he was threatened with a few years ago.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Not my friend, this was a group. lol.

Dumbest comment lately was this dude saying Kobe > Jordan and then attempting to back it up by asking how many legit 7 foot centers Jordan had to drive on. Such an appallingly stupid statement that I didn't know where to start. Another moron paraded in and said "Kobe > Jordan, stats don't lie." lol. I told him I'd spot him three point %, pick any of Kobe's stat anywhere and I'll trump it easily with Jordan's stat. Any one of them.

Just off the top of my head, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Ralph Sampson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Walton, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, Moses Malone, Rick Smitts, Shaquille O'Neal, Robert Parrish, Mark Eaton, Dikembe Mutombo...might be missing a few more but damn.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
Just off the top of my head, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Ralph Sampson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Walton, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, Moses Malone, Rick Smitts, Shaquille O'Neal, Robert Parrish, Mark Eaton, Dikembe Mutombo...might be missing a few more but damn.

Just a few hall of famers in there.... And some serious shot blockers that you didnt even list. Not to mention they were allowed to mug players in the paint on the perimeter back then.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Just a few hall of famers in there.... And some serious shot blockers that you didnt even list. Not to mention they were allowed to mug players in the paint on the perimeter back then.

Yeah, those old Celtics, Pistons and Knicks teams had some real mean SOBs guarding the paint...in today's NBA, MJ would average 40 a night.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)

Mourning was only 6'10".

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 01:05 PM)
Just watched that Rose MVP vid. Who would've thought Stacey King's largest contribution to the Bulls franchise would be as an announcer.

Hey, don't forget Stacey King was huge in Game 6 vs Portland in the Finals, leading the second unit in the 4th down 17 points :headbang

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
He's so versatile.

The White Mamba - Part time player, part time analyst, part time myth.

His analysis makes a ton of sense though. I hope the Bulls bring him back next year, preferably as a coach, but I would be fine with a role like this year's.

He works with Asik a ton and is probably is big reason why Omer has developed so quickly.