2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6269330

This guy just won't stop...DR1 isn't Iverson and LeBron isn't MJ you douche bag.

DR1 shoots too much right now because we have no SG, when we get one, you'll see Rose shoot less.

I just listened to it and I really didn't disagree that much Colin (and I generally hate him). Rose/AI are very similar players, and he was right that LeBron is a better player than Rose. Now I think Rose will get a championship or two, but I don't think he will match Kobe let alone MJ in championships.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
I just listened to it and I really didn't disagree that much Colin (and I generally hate him). Rose/AI are very similar players, and he was right that LeBron is a better player than Rose. Now I think Rose will get a championship or two, but I don't think he will match Kobe let alone MJ in championships.

I doubt LBJ matches Kobe or MJ too.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6269330

This guy just won't stop...DR1 isn't Iverson and LeBron isn't MJ you douche bag.

DR1 shoots too much right now because we have no SG, when we get one, you'll see Rose shoot less.

Why is it some severe insult for Rose to be compared to Iverson? Iverson was a hell of a f***ing player. A little inefficient offensively, sure, but guess what? So is Rose.

Nothing he said in that clip was overtly wrong, unless you're getting pissy about his opinion that Rose won't win 6 titles, in which case you need to wake up and smell the roses.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Is there something wrong with Allen Iverson's game? HOFer right?

For sure. Remember when Sam Smith had Iverson to the Bulls around 02/03? I was thrilled.

Dude took his (pretty weak) teams to the finals 2 times in a row. He was a good.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
For sure. Remember when Sam Smith had Iverson to the Bulls around 02/03? I was thrilled.

Dude took his (pretty weak) teams to the finals 2 times in a row. He was a good.

The Sixers made the finals once in '01 and never came close after that.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)

I don't mean this to lessen Kobe as a player, but give Rose a prime Shaq type player and the front-line he has now and who knows.

And Cavs end up beating them by 12, thanks Cavs!

Edited by SoxFan562004

LeBron...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope that game screws any momentum Miami had going into today. With Miami and Boston looking like crap recently, the Bulls just need to beat the teams they're supposed to beat to get that first seed (starting tomorrow against the T-Wolves).

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Is there something wrong with Allen Iverson's game? HOFer right?

I think the it's the perception that many people have that AI was a selfish, me-first player. Now that's only perception because if you look at the stats, he actually got a lot of assists. But when you are the best player on your team by a wide margin, sometimes you need to player a little me-first ball like AI. I think the AI comparison was terrific; AI never won championships but that was not his fault, look at the four other starters he had on that 2000-2001 Finals team:

Tyrone Hill

Eric Snow

Theo Ratliff

George Lynch.

That might be the worst starting five in NBA Final's history. Meanwhile Kobe had Shaq, then Pau. The Pistons had damn near five All-Stars in their starting five. Wade had Shaq. The Celtics had again multiple All-Stars. And the Spurs have always had great players with Duncan.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
The Sixers made the finals once in '01 and never came close after that.

Lot of similarities b/w that Sixers team in 01 and the Bulls this season I reckon (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
LeBron...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope that game screws any momentum Miami had going into today. With Miami and Boston looking like crap recently, the Bulls just need to beat the teams they're supposed to beat to get that first seed (starting tomorrow against the T-Wolves).

ya that was pretty shocking considering how the heat have been playing of late.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)
Lot of similarities b/w that Sixers team in 01 and the Bulls this season I reckon (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

Except that DRose's supporting cast >>>>>>>>> Iverson's teammates.

Someone posted the rest of the starting lineup above, wow, that's pretty impressive that he could carry that squad to the Finals

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
I will say that Rose has to kinda cool it with the 3-point shooting and 20 ft jumpers. They haven't been falling at an acceptable rate for a while now. He can get to the basket at will and he should focus more on the mid-range game.

A 20 foot jumper is rarely a good shot, but Rose has been up and down with the 3 ball. He hit 2/4 against Sacto and 6/8 the game against the Hawks. He had a cold streak early in March, a couple really good shooting games, then a couple down games.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
LOL @ LeBron missing the starting lineup announcements because he was "in the bathroom"

Jeez. Man up, dude.

Thank you, Miami Heat, I had almost forgotten how comical you can be when you lose because it'd been so long.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
A 20 foot jumper is rarely a good shot, but Rose has been up and down with the 3 ball. He hit 2/4 against Sacto and 6/8 the game against the Hawks. He had a cold streak early in March, a couple really good shooting games, then a couple down games.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what point you're trying to get at here. That below average shooters can have good games?

The initial post was dead on. Rose shouldn't shoot the distance shot at much as he does, especially given his ability to get to the rim. He's not a good enough shooter to do that.