2010-2011 NBA Thread

i dont think we should be doggin Kevin Loves game, he is playing with a sore groin and the original plan was for him to miss the rest of the season. Last nights version of Kevin Love was not the rule, it was the exception. you could tell his burst was gone when Omer and Deng were blocking him

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
i dont think we should be doggin Kevin Loves game, he is playing with a sore groin and the original plan was for him to miss the rest of the season. Last nights version of Kevin Love was not the rule, it was the exception. you could tell his burst was gone when Omer and Deng were blocking him

It doesnt help he is being KG'ed with zero help around him against the best defense in the league.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
How does a Boston win create any separation?

We either gain ground on SA for best record in the NBA or gain separation on Boston. That's dependent on us winning as well obviously.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
I see. And damn. Spurs have lost 4 in a row. I had just assumed they had best record locked up.

Ya, if we win tonight and they lose, we're only 2 back of them. Granted, that's still a good amount of ground to make up with so little games left but they're in a tailspin right now so who knows.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Ya, if we win tonight and they lose, we're only 2 back of them. Granted, that's still a good amount of ground to make up with so little games left but they're in a tailspin right now so who knows.

I'll be elated if we finish with a better record than the Lakers. Does anybody really think San Antonio can match up with LA?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)

This was never the plan. Never ever never ever, and I don't think you actually read the quote that said there was AN OUTSIDE CHANCE that he might miss the rest of the season. OUTSIDE CHANCE. As in, yes, if Kevin Love gets a setback and his groin doesn't heal normally, he'll miss the rest of the season.

Love had 16 points and 9 rebounds in 26 minutes. Extrapolate that over his standard 36 minutes a game, and he's sitting at 22 and 12.5. Not quite his 20 and 15, but let's not pretend he got completely shut down. He didn't get his normal numbers because the game got out of hand and he sat. That's pretty much it.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Except for those pesky 4 trophies in the past 11 seasons.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
The last one being in 2007.. I think the statement was an accurate one

If that's called choking, sign me for multiple Heimlich maneuvers.

Since 2007-2008 (the year after their last championship), here is how the Spurs fared:

2007-2008: Lost in Conference Finals to Lakers (they were the 3th seed, and lost to the 1st seed)

2008-2009: Lost in First Round to Dallas (lost as 3rd seed to the 6th seed)

2009-2010: Lost in Second Round to Phoenix (lost as 7th seed to Phoenix who was the 3rd seed)

So how exactly are they choking? Seed-wise they were the favorites once and lost to Dallas. Every other year, they lost to a higher seed.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)

Tailspin = all 3 of their big 3 have been hurt.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
Glad to hear that.

Very underrated to. He could actually score more than what people think by looking at his stats. He really epitomized a team player because he sacrificed his scoring for being a defensive-first rebounder. Very deserving and key cog in five championship teams.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Unfortunately it doesn't matter much, as the Lakers have blitzed the league since the break.

Bulls are tied with LA and own the tiebreaker

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Very underrated to. He could actually score more than what people think by looking at his stats. He really epitomized a team player because he sacrificed his scoring for being a defensive-first rebounder. Very deserving and key cog in five championship teams.

The guy might be as dumb as they come off the court but he had the best basketball iq I've ever seen in my life, he was just f***in awesome.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Unfortunately it doesn't matter much, as the Lakers have blitzed the league since the break.

Ya, I'd be pretty shocked if the Lakers don't win the west at this point but what the hell, might as well take the overall 1 seed just in case.