2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
IMO Bynum is done. that knee is 40 years older than that body, and it bent badly. His body language showed me that he knows it is NOT good

So much for an Oden/Bynum matchup blossoming over the years like I expected. :snow

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
The cameras caught Kobe calling the ref who gave him a tech a "bundle of sticks" or a "german cigarette" (are we allowed to use the word?) and now the gay community is mad. Seriously that word was a slur against gays 20 years ago but now its just like mo-fo etc.

What's with Germans and the word "f**" (no offense)? :huh There is also a German company that does bearings here in Mexico called f** and watching their trucks with those words like 5 feet long is funny/disturbing.Does that mean something in German?

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
The cameras caught Kobe calling the ref who gave him a tech a "bundle of sticks" or a "german cigarette" (are we allowed to use the word?) and now the gay community is mad. Seriously that word was a slur against gays 20 years ago but now its just like mo-fo etc.

Just because it doesn't personally offend you doesn't mean it doesn't offend a lot of people in the gay community...or even the straight community.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Just because it doesn't personally offend you doesn't mean it doesn't offend a lot of people in the gay community...or even the straight community.

Some people are just waiting for something to be able to make a point for their group, something like this is one of them. Based on my friendships in that gay community I can honestly say none of them give a s*** if Kobe Bryant called a ref a f**.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
Some people are just waiting for something to be able to make a point for their group, something like this is one of them. Based on my friendships in that gay community I can honestly say none of them give a s*** if Kobe Bryant called a ref a f**.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...tory?id=6344596

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the word (and all derogatory words these days) are so taboo that you can't even say what word was used when writing a new story about it. How are people supposed to know what word he used if they're reading the article? I mean seriously. Dumb/insensitive/unprofessional for him to say it, just like it was for Ozzie to say it a couple season ago, but it's not the end of the world.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Would Kobe have been fined 100k if he called the guy a cocksucker? I really doubt the gay community cares Kobe called someone what he called him.

I hate to have to defend Kobe. But this is pathetic. I've said f** or homo or whatever about 53734264364 over the last 5 years. It's not personal at all. Just talking s***. I actually have gay friends. Even one who posts here. He goes by the name of witesoxfan.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
I hate to have to defend Kobe. But this is pathetic. I've said f** or homo or whatever about 53734264364 over the last 5 years. It's not personal at all. Just talking s***. I actually have gay friends. Even one who posts here. He goes by the name of witesoxfan.

But I like vagina

I dont think its a big deal, but at the same time maybe you should think about using terms like that so flippantly.

I personally think by making a word taboo you give it more power, but Im in the minority (with that belief) and I can respect that people should have a certain level of decency.

Cocksucker is not the same, I wont even go into similar words, because I guarantee I can offend 90% of this board. :D