2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
The Pacers couldn't really have ask for anymore for 46 minutes and they are still going to lose. This is going to be a cakewalk.

They hit 10 threes and shot 46%. Over 50% for most of the game. That can't play better.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
This game must have completely murdered Indianas confidence. They did exactly what they needed to do for 46 minutes and got beat the last 2. They wont shoot that well the rest of this series.

There was a 15 minute stretch where Granger, Price, Collison, and Hansbrough couldn't miss. Granger aside, this team is not that good.

I am very encouraged by what I watched today.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
I don't know how you can watch this game and still think Rose isn't MVP. He was completely responsible for the 10-0 run the Bulls put on to end the game.

I don't know how you can watch it and think he's not the best player in the world right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
I don't know how you can watch this game and still think Rose isn't MVP. He was completely responsible for the 10-0 run the Bulls put on to end the game.

He wins games by himself when he has to. He's f***in absurd.

On a much different note, I wanna smack Carlos Boozer upside the head sometimes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)

12-1 run in the last 2:50.

Amazing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)

On a much different note, I wanna smack Carlos Boozer upside the head sometimes.

In the 2009-2010 NBA Playoff thread, a few of us talked about how awful Boozer was and how he'd kill the Bulls in the playoffs cause of his D. That's before we knew Bulls would sign him.

Derrick is amazing. Easily now in the top five of the NBA. My list:

1. Lebron (still pound for pound the best player and most complete player in the game).

2. Dwight (a beast on offense, but the best defender in the NBA).

3. Rose (beast mode 24/7).

4. Kobe (when it matters most, he is the best in the game).

5. Wade (when healthy, he brings it as much as anyone and plays solid D).

6. Durant (best scorer, but doesn't pass and can't play D).

Thoughts? Yours?

But Derrick continues to climb. If he leads the Bulls to the championship, he might move to #1.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)

Oh god he was bad. He can't do much on offense and his defense is atrocious. Plus that lazy possession where Hansbrough stole the ball from him and got an and 1 because of Boozer's f***ing laziness pissed me off so much.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)

Excelling in high leverage situations, something that LeBron and Dwight Howard don't do.

I think the fact that Rose had a 60% TS% on 0-9 shooting from 3s (two of them were lobs at the buzzer) speaks volumes to how good he was outside of those 3 point attempts.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Derrick is amazing. Easily now in the top five of the NBA. My list:

1. Lebron (still pound for pound the best player and most complete player in the game).

2. Dwight (a beast on offense, but the best defender in the NBA).

3. Rose (beast mode 24/7).

4. Kobe (when it matters most, he is the best in the game).

5. Wade (when healthy, he brings it as much as anyone and plays solid D).

6. Durant (best scorer, but doesn't pass and can't play D).

Thoughts? Yours?

But Derrick continues to climb. If he leads the Bulls to the championship, he might move to #1.

It's kind of hard to compare Dwight against the rest but imo if I have to win one game, Howard moves down that list significantly. The guy is obviously a monster and the best defender in the game but he can't will his team to victory like some of these other guys can.

And to add to this discussion: It's kind of hard for me to choose. Because LeBron is quite obviously the best player in the game when you look at statistics, nobody in their right mind would argue otherwise. That being said, if I'm in game 7 of the NBA finals and I get to choose only one player at the moment, I'm taking D.Rose or Kobe.