2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Pacers coach Vogel on D. Rose: "He’s got Allen Iverson’s speed, Jason Kidd’s vision, Chauncey Billups shooting and Michael Jordan’s athleticism, how do you guard that?''

Also was saying he didn't understand why Rose was getting all those calls when he was throwing his body into the defenders. STFU

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
It's kind of hard to compare Dwight against the rest but imo if I have to win one game, Howard moves down that list significantly. The guy is obviously a monster and the best defender in the game but he can't will his team to victory like some of these other guys can.

And to add to this discussion: It's kind of hard for me to choose. Because LeBron is quite obviously the best player in the game when you look at statistics, nobody in their right mind would argue otherwise. That being said, if I'm in game 7 of the NBA finals and I get to choose only one player at the moment, I'm taking D.Rose or Kobe.

DR1 still hasn't earned his stripes, gimme Kobe...

I still get shocked at how many empty seats are at heat games and the lack of any atmosphere whatsoever.

Do you guys think Noah will take hansbrough next game with kurt thomas/boozer on hibbard?

The amount of Indiana fans thinking their team got screwed by officiating is staggering.

They think Rose only got to the line 21 times because Stern had a fix on this game. Oh yeah, totally. It wasn't like he was literally clobbered by Jeff Foster at least 3 times.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
AND a crybaby.

Love how when Hedo threw in an entry pass to him in the 4th that was picked off, he just sat in the paint and pouted as Atlanta run down the court and nailed an open 3.

Not that either Orlando or Atlanta can beat the Bulls in a 7 game series but I'd really like to see Orlando get eliminated so Howard can't try and beat up on Rose when he goes to the hole.

That was just brutal. For Dwight to play that well, and the rest of the team did absolutely nothing.

Well I'll give Nelson a pass because his 2nd half was excellent. J-Rich, Bass, Hedo and Anderson gave us absolutely nothing. Too stagnant on offense, defensively we allowed the Hawks guards to have their way with us.

Q-Rich needs to play more because he's a much better matchup for Joe Johnson, while Howard should guard Horford going forward.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Dwight Howard had 46 points and the Hawks won easily.

He played great today(minus the billion turnovers) but he does take some plays off where he sits around and cries to the refs. Orlando just isn't that great, they haven't been all season long, it's not a mystery. I still expect them to win this series but I really can't see them giving the Bulls any trouble(assuming the Magic do get by the Hawks).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
He played great today(minus the billion turnovers) but he does take some plays off where he sits around and cries to the refs. Orlando just isn't that great, they haven't been all season long, it's not a mystery. I still expect them to win this series but I really can't see them giving the Bulls any trouble(assuming the Magic do get by the Hawks).

I still think they were a better team before the trades.

And beating Orlando isn't very hard. Let Howard get his down low. Don't double team him, just don't let the other guys beat you from behind the arc. They'll steal a game or 2 because of hot 3-point shooting, that'll happen, but they don't scare me very much at all. Dwight can get his, but he won't win you a game, especially late.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
I still think they were a better team before the trades.

And beating Orlando isn't very hard. Let Howard get his down low. Don't double team him, just don't let the other guys beat you from behind the arc. They'll steal a game or 2 because of hot 3-point shooting, that'll happen, but they don't scare me very much at all. Dwight can get his, but he won't win you a game, especially late.

Bingo.

haven't read all the way thru this thread yet but:

HOLY f*** at that game, thought the Pacers had it wrapped up with about 3 or 4 minutes to go. Boozer looked silly on defense trying to stop Hansbrough, it was embarrassing. I was actually hoping he'd foul out at the end b/c he wasn't even attempting to challenge his shots. Then when Korver hit the three to go ahead I pissed, s***, and jizzed on myself all at once.

Howard was bulldozing over the Hawks but it didn't even really matter because nobody else did anything. He horse-collared someone (Hinrich?) from behind and got a tech and started pouting about it... cmon. Be happy that wasn't a flagrant 1.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
When saying Rose was 0-9 from 3 also keep in mind that he threw up 2 heaves at the end of quarters 1 and 2 and another desperation 3 just before the shot clock ran out. 0-6 is still bad but 0-9 is misleading.

lol@ Kalapse pretending to know hoops. I'll give you baseball. Hoops? No.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
When saying Rose was 0-9 from 3 also keep in mind that he threw up 2 heaves at the end of quarters 1 and 2 and another desperation 3 just before the shot clock ran out. 0-6 is still bad but 0-9 is misleading.

In the regular season he probably takes more of these than normal since he's the one with the ball usually, or he's the only one who can take the shot when the clock is winding down. It happens probably 2-3 times a game and it drops his 3pt% down a few points. He doesn't really give a s*** about stats.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
I still get shocked at how many empty seats are at heat games and the lack of any atmosphere whatsoever.

Why? Miami is the worst pro sports town in America and its not even close. (Atlanta is a distant 2nd)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
lol@ Kalapse pretending to know hoops. I'll give you baseball. Hoops? No.

When have you ever actually seen me talk basketball? Never? Probably. For all you know I'm a basketball savant.