2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
It's Eazy-E, and I need for you to hand over your black card.

Lol. Oh my god. I failed. I thought it was a former White Sox player. I'm buzzed. That doesn't count. It's not like he was an icon like pac or biggie. Can't believe he's been dead for like 15 years?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:54 AM)
Lol. Oh my god. I failed. I thought it was a former White Sox player. I'm buzzed. That doesn't count. It's not like he was an icon like pac or biggie. Can't believe he's been dead for like 15 years?

lol don't feel too bad, I saw it on FB Mobile at first and I thought it was George Bell

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Why? Miami is the worst pro sports town in America and its not even close. (Atlanta is a distant 2nd)

In a way, I hate that Atlanta is such a bad pro sports town b/c I'm moving there this summer. But, it should be easy to score tickets to games, so I guess that's good. To sum up Atlanta as a sports town, my roommate (who's from there) always tells the story of being at the NLCS game in the 90s when they clinched to go to the World Series, and the game wasn't even sold out. Pathetic...

Nobody should be too shocked about Rose's play. The guy has been in two straight playoffs and made the series a lot more competitive than they ever should have been. People say since he never won that's a lack of experience, but asking any of the great ones and most of them will say losing is so much important than winning when it comes to learning how to win a title.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
When saying Rose was 0-9 from 3 also keep in mind that he threw up 2 heaves at the end of quarters 1 and 2 and another desperation 3 just before the shot clock ran out. 0-6 is still bad but 0-9 is misleading.

1.) He doesn't get a pass on that shot clock desperation shot because he was the one that took it out to the three-point line with no time left on the clock.

2.) He still shouldn't be taking that many threes.

3.) You don't know basketball.

4.) Rose played a very good game, but the idea that his three does anything for his game is absurd. Maybe a couple here and there to keep the defense honest, but anything more than that is just detrimental.

I found the ESPN response to the Bulls and Heat games to be funny. The heat caption was "Too Hot To Handle" and threw bouquets at the big three. The Blog about the bulls game talked about nothing but question marks and red flags. Considering the Bulls took the lead with 3 minutes to go, and the Heat almost coughed up a 18 point lead with 3 minutes to go, I thought the reaction would be similar. Silly me

I may not be a Grizzlies fan, but I am from Memphis so... Go Grizz! Finally got the monkey off their back and won a playoff game.

I'm still shocked at how good Marc Gasol has become. He was so average in high school, goes to Spain, and comes back a quality NBA big man. How does that happen?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
OMG what the f*** is this crap?

First half highlights to a godawful 12 second version of I think Faith Hill or someone like her trying to sing the opening lyrics of Zeppelin's "Black Dog"?

It's not faith hill. The promos show her and I don't know who it is, bit she certainly should not be covering Zeppelin.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Lakers down 10 with about 1:20 left, Chris Paul taking over in the 4th.

D-rose is god. But Chris Paul is the f***in' s***. When he's healthy, I don't know, It's hard to argue that he's not the top PG in the game. Then again, Fisher was checkin' him most of this game.