2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
D-rose is god. But Chris Paul is the f***in' s***. When he's healthy, I don't know, It's hard to argue that he's not the top PG in the game. Then again, Fisher was checkin' him most of this game.

Biased, very limited basis for comparison, but Rose still seems to be the better player to me. But they're both fantastic.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
Biased, very limited basis for comparison, but Rose still seems to be the better player to me. But they're both fantastic.

Let's just say if the Bulls somehow traded Rose for Paul I wouldn't be that upset. That's not a knock on Rose at all by the way.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Let's just say if the Bulls somehow traded Rose for Paul I wouldn't be that upset. That's not a knock on Rose at all by the way.

You wouldn't be upset about trading a 22 years explosive, athletic freak for an older PG that is good but is breaking down health wise? That would be an awful trade right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
D-rose is god. But Chris Paul is the f***in' s***. When he's healthy, I don't know, It's hard to argue that he's not the top PG in the game. Then again, Fisher was checkin' him most of this game.

This game is exactly why Paul is a better player than Rose right now (which is not a shot at Rose, but Paul is that good).

Edited by Felix

From an age standpoint that would be dreadful though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
You wouldn't be upset about trading a 22 years explosive, athletic freak for an older PG that is good but is breaking down health wise? That would be an awful trade right now.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
From an age standpoint that would be dreadful though.

All things being equal, of course. I mean, LeBron is 4-5 years older than Rose but his ass is gone (if i'm the GM) and the Heat called and offered him up for Rose. But all things are really never equal in cases like this. So I'm just fine with Rose. lol.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
This game is exactly why Paul is a better player than Rose right now (which is not a shot at Rose, but Paul is that good).

With any luck, by the middle of June, everyone's going to be changing their tune on this.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)

I wonder if you watched the Bulls game yesterday. I doubt the Lakers give Paul that much room again. The Lakers had a couple of possessions where Gasol got crossed up and was defending Paul 1 on 1. It's not that hard to shake a 7 footer when you have the quickness that Paul has.

That offered right now, you take it and run. That offered 2-3 years from now, you say thanks but no thanks. And judging by this game, CP3's knee finally looks explosive again, but we'll see. If it's back to normal (and that's a big if) it's not even a debate who is the best.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
I wonder if you watched the Bulls game yesterday. I doubt the Lakers give Paul that much room again. The Lakers had a couple of possessions where Gasol got crossed up and was defending Paul 1 on 1. It's not that hard to shake a 7 footer when you have the quickness that Paul has.

And it seemed the Lakers were shocked that he had that explosiveness again. That was vintage Paul from 07-09. I didn't even think he was that quick anymore.

Edited by SoxAce

I'm surprised that somebody like you that is obsessed with advanced metrics would dismiss any argument that a healthy Paul is better than Rose. lol.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
That offered right now, you take it and run. That offered 3-4 years from now, you say thanks but no thanks. And judging by this game, CP3's knee finally looks explosive again, but we'll see. If it's back to normal (and that's a big if) it's not even a debate who is the best.

Go to the Bulls thread on realgm and say this and you're getting banned. lol. Rose is fabulous. But so is Paul. That's all I'm saying.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm surprised that somebody like you that is obsessed with advanced metrics would dismiss any argument that a healthy Paul is better than Rose. lol.

It is just mind boggling how quickly people forget how incredible he was. He still is in fact. He had a pretty good year this season. And he also was playing with inferior talent around him. Now with West gone, it's almost become comical.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Go to the Bulls thread on realgm and say this and you're getting banned. lol. Rose is fabulous. But so is Paul. That's all I'm saying.

There's only certain posters opinions there I respect anyways. I don't blame them though, I thought Paul's knee was shot. I still think Rose will be better though in all around play (I wanna see him with a competent SG and a full season of Boozer healthy) probably even by next season and you could argue he is already. He has to score this year though, as the Bulls offense is not good when he doesn't.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
There's only certain posters opinions there I respect anyways. I don't blame them though, I thought Paul's knee was shot.

WIth a PG who relies on quickness so much, his knee doesn't need to be "Shot" for him to not be the player he could have been. A little bit of weakness in there and that's it.

THat's why I want the Bulls to take care of business this year.

One note on tonight's game.

I want to cheer for the Knicks, because they're not the Celtics, I want the Celtics battered, beaten, and out...

But yet...

I want it to be us who takes out the Celtics. After that series in 2009....I want it to be us.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
One note on tonight's game.

I want to cheer for the Knicks, because they're not the Celtics, I want the Celtics battered, beaten, and out...

But yet...

I want it to be us who takes out the Celtics. After that series in 2009....I want it to be us.

I want it to go 7 games and have tons of excitement in the series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)

I read that forum a ton for Bulls news, but they are so anal there. If you don't 1,000+ posts, anything you say will be flamed.

I did watch the Bulls yesterday. I wasn't particularly impressed by Rose until the fourth quarter, when he basically took over the game and made it his b****. He was the reason they won, without a doubt.

First three quarters though, I just wasn't impressed with his performance. He was getting killed by Collison, didn't take care of the ball particularly well and was settling for the outside shot way too much. He had a couple of really flashy plays that were awesome, but other than that he wasn't playing the type of basketball he should be. The fourth quarter, obviously, was a completely different story. Really, really excellent play to give the Bulls the W.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
This is funny, CP3, while fantastic, has a great game for the first time in who knows how long and all of a sudden he's the best ever again.

You know I'm not like that. But today just reinforced how good this guy is when he's right. And he hasn't been that bad the last couple years, actually. It just looks bad compared to '08 and '09.