2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Yeah, but Rose has insane drive while John Wall dougies before games.

...And? Wall has improved alot since high school and his b-ball I.Q. is off the charts. This dude averaged 16-5-8 as a rookie. I would think you'd give him a summer to see if he can improve his weaknesses before he's pegged another player with no drive.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
...And? Wall has improved alot since high school and his b-ball I.Q. is off the charts. This dude averaged 16-5-8 as a rookie. I would think you'd give him a summer to see if he can improve his weaknesses before he's pegged another player with no drive.

He also averaged that in 69 games due to injury. I'll take the wait and see approach with Wall and see how he handles a full season in the association.

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Randolph is Kevin Love's ability with an idiots brain.

Randolph has actually been on his best behavior since being traded to Memphis. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but something clicked.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)

The and is because he seems to me to be mostly flash with little fire, since college, which includes his stupid John Wall dance. He just makes me think of a guy who's all party because he reached the NBA and being with McGee, Blatche and Young doesn't help. Also, I want to see what he averages on a good team. His assists probably go up while rebounds and points go down.

Rose has an absolutely unnatural drive compared to him, I mean the guy misses one free throw against the Clippers, albeit to win the game, but then becomes nearly automatic from the free throw line. That's not even talking about the other facets of the game he improves.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)

Of course, the fact that he probably won't be playing basketball in the fall could really hurt.

Hours after Zach Randolph helped the Memphis Grizzlies win their first playoff game, the franchise rewarded him with a four-year, $71 million contract extension that was agreed to Saturday night, according to league sources.

Of the $71 million, $66 million is fully guaranteed and the fourth and final year of the deal is a player option, sources said. Randolph has incentives based on individual and team achievements of $1.3 million each season, according to sources.

Link

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Randolph has actually been on his best behavior since being traded to Memphis. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but something clicked.

Hopefully he finally figured it out, but I am going to be a doubter just because he has always been in trouble, back to his first arrest in 8th grade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)
Hopefully he finally figured it out, but I am going to be a doubter just because he has always been in trouble, back to his first arrest in 8th grade.

What exactly does he have to figure out? He's been a monster the last few years. A 20/10 guy night in and night out and hasn't been in trouble in a few years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)

Have you watched Randolph play at all the last few years? The dude is a beast.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
Have you watched Randolph play at all the last few years? The dude is a beast.

His game has never been the problem, well except when the outside stuff influenced his play. I've seen the kid play since he was 15 years old, and was on a first name basis with his high school coach whom Zach refused to talk to because he told him the same sort of stuff about cleaning up his act. I've seen enough of Zach on the floor to know he should be a top 10 to 20 player in the entire NBA. I also know unless he quit listening to his entourage he has had following him for the last 15 years or so, no change is going to be permanent. In fact this contract could give him the stability to quit being a good citizen again and to fall back into his old habits. Hopefully he doesn't, but I will believe it when I see it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
Steve, you've become a homer to the extreme. I'm just fine with Rose. But don't act like comparing Rose and Paul is like comparing MJ to Reggie Miller.

Whoa. You are just nuts. Rose is 22 and the NBA MVP right now. You have no argument. Chris Paul has one game against the Lakers and all the sudden he's better than the MVP who is also 4 years younger? Drink some more drugs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Whoa. You are just nuts. Rose is 22 and the NBA MVP right now. You have no argument. Chris Paul has one game against the Lakers and all the sudden he's better than the MVP who is also 4 years younger? Drink some more drugs.

Steve....

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
This game is exactly why Paul is a better player than Rose right now (which is not a shot at Rose, but Paul is that good).

ROFL. Guy is getting guarded by Derick Fisher. He isn't even close to the all around player that Rose is.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
That offered right now, you take it and run. That offered 2-3 years from now, you say thanks but no thanks. And judging by this game, CP3's knee finally looks explosive again, but we'll see. If it's back to normal (and that's a big if) it's not even a debate who is the best.

And it seemed the Lakers were shocked that he had that explosiveness again. That was vintage Paul from 07-09. I didn't even think he was that quick anymore.

No one in the world would trade Rose for Paul. Everyone in the world would trade Paul for Rose.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
ROFL. Guy is getting guarded by Derick Fisher. He isn't even close to the all around player that Rose is.

Yeah. I was excited to see paul so quick on that knee b/c i want as many awesome players to watch as possible and you hate to see a guy fall due to injury, but that said: it was incredibly perplexing how LA was guarding him. I get that Phil likes someone who he can trust to run the offense at the point at the expense of some d, but for them to just throw him 1-on-1 on paul was nuts.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Yeah. I was excited to see paul so quick on that knee b/c i want as many awesome players to watch as possible and you hate to see a guy fall due to injury, but that said: it was incredibly perplexing how LA was guarding him. I get that Phil likes someone who he can trust to run the offense at the point at the expense of some d, but for them to just throw him 1-on-1 on paul was nuts.

I have a feeling Kobe will be on him for much of game 2.