2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
granger acted salty towards deng during postgame

For a pretty smart guy (he got an engineering degree and had good enough grades to get into an Ivy League school), Granger sure doesn't know when to shut up.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Thibbs needs to put Scalabrine in, just so he can back up his Twitter comment.

But it's too bad he's not active. :(

Pretty sure thats a fake Scalabrine twitter. He doesn't have a twitter.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Pretty sure thats a fake Scalabrine twitter. He doesn't have a twitter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he really does. A lot of the players have one. Watson uses his all the time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if he really does. A lot of the players have one. Watson uses his all the time.

I know, I use twitter but thats not a real one. The stuff that account tweets, Brian Scalabrine would not be allowed to tweet.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Boozer's defense is so freaking bad. Bulls in foul trouble now and the lead is down to 4.

This was the last point of the game in which the score margin mattered

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
This was the last point of the game in which the score margin mattered

Yeah, at that point in the game I thought we might lose the game. Then Rose scored 6 or 7 straight, we went on a 9-0 run, and that was all she wrote.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 01:21 AM)
Yeah, at that point in the game I thought we might lose the game. Then Rose scored 6 or 7 straight, we went on a 9-0 run, and that was all she wrote.

It was awesome. I had written on Facebook something to the effect "Anytime Rose wants to toss his shots all the way to the rim would be great, preferably now" and 2 minutes later he hits a 3, then another. I think he heard me call him out, and evidently he agreed.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
It was awesome. I had written on Facebook something to the effect "Anytime Rose wants to toss his shots all the way to the rim would be great, preferably now" and 2 minutes later he hits a 3, then another. I think he heard me call him out, and evidently he agreed.

It was about time for Rose to do that. Two poor games prior to tonight and this was needed.

I know all the experts are jumping back on the Celtics and Heat's bandwagon, but I feel like we match up very well with both of them. I'm not scurred.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)
It was about time for Rose to do that. Two poor games prior to tonight and this was needed.

I know all the experts are jumping back on the Celtics and Heat's bandwagon, but I feel like we match up very well with both of them. I'm not scurred.

We matched up very poorly against the Pacers. They had George and another F doubling Rose. Only Granger is a factor on offense so they could go max intensity on Rose. Hibbert caused problems underneath, too. The Heat don't have anything like that. They're not going to put Wade and James on Rose, they'd get tired too quickly, and they don't have the bench to make up for it so it'd cost them offense. Boston doesn't really have the answer either, although we are more evenly matched against them, and they don't have Perkins anymore.

Atlanta is a total mismatch, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended in a sweep. Orlando is not particularly scary either. Stop them from killing you with threes, which the Bulls can do without that much difficulty, and it doesn't matter if Howard scores 45, they don't have anything else.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
We matched up very poorly against the Pacers. They had George and another F doubling Rose. Only Granger is a factor on offense so they could go max intensity on Rose. Hibbert caused problems underneath, too. The Heat don't have anything like that. They're not going to put Wade and James on Rose, they'd get tired too quickly, and they don't have the bench to make up for it so it'd cost them offense. Boston doesn't really have the answer either, although we are more evenly matched against them, and they don't have Perkins anymore.

Atlanta is a total mismatch, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended in a sweep. Orlando is not particularly scary either. Stop them from killing you with threes, which the Bulls can do without that much difficulty, and it doesn't matter if Howard scores 45, they don't have anything else.

The next round is going to be awesome. Celtics-Heat and hopefully a somewhat easy series for the Bulls. I want the Heat badly in the Eastern Conference finals...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
The next round is going to be awesome. Celtics-Heat and hopefully a somewhat easy series for the Bulls. I want the Heat badly in the Eastern Conference finals...

A Heat-Bulls ECF would be intensity turned up to 111. It's basically the NBA clash of Good (Rose) vs. Evil (LeBron)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)

They will for stretches. If Miami is smart they will mix it up on Rose to keep guys fresh.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)

Just came in here to post how nice it was to see D-Rose hit those shots. Hopefully it gives him some confidence heading into the next round.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
I know why people want this.

I still want the Celtics.

Me too... the Heat scare me way more than the Celts. We had to squeak out victories against the Heat in all 3 games, one of which they didn't have LeBron or Bosh (though to be fair, we didn't have Noah).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:56 AM)
Just came in here to post how nice it was to see D-Rose hit those shots. Hopefully it gives him some confidence heading into the next round.

Confidence is one thing you never have to worry about with Rose.