2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I know why people want this.

I still want the Celtics.

I know why you say that as well. I'd rather face the celts b/c it would be much easier to lose. I no longer hate them, and would probably root for them to win if they beat us.

That said, a victory against the heat would be way more triumphant.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
Yeah, at that point in the game I thought we might lose the game. Then Rose scored 6 or 7 straight, we went on a 9-0 run, and that was all she wrote.

That was pretty awesome. I had the game on in the garage and the announcers were both fretting over Rose coming out of the game with foul trouble. Pacers went on a run, Rose came back in and ended the game right there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
god damn it

This Boozer news doesnt bother me. Boozer has been 100 percent the weakest link on this team. His defense made Hansbrough look like an all star at times, he was missing bunnies all over the place, taking ill advised jumpshots with a hand in his face, taking 3 second penalties left and right.

I dont mind seeing Gibson taking up time on the floor at all. I just wish it would mean we could see a bit more of Rasual Butler

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
We matched up very poorly against the Pacers. They had George and another F doubling Rose. Only Granger is a factor on offense so they could go max intensity on Rose. Hibbert caused problems underneath, too. The Heat don't have anything like that. They're not going to put Wade and James on Rose, they'd get tired too quickly, and they don't have the bench to make up for it so it'd cost them offense. Boston doesn't really have the answer either, although we are more evenly matched against them, and they don't have Perkins anymore.

Atlanta is a total mismatch, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended in a sweep. Orlando is not particularly scary either. Stop them from killing you with threes, which the Bulls can do without that much difficulty, and it doesn't matter if Howard scores 45, they don't have anything else.

Orlando scares me and I think they will be pulling off 3 wins in a row. Dwight is a beast and historically the Bulls have struggled against them. However, I will point out we played them well this year. Still, if they get hot, with there outside shooting, the Bulls could be in a tough spot.

That Pacers series was tough though. s***, I really thought I'd get a relaxing first round before I had to start getting nervous as a fan. Glad they made game 5 easy :)

And better yet, Drose will get some much needed rest.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
This Boozer news doesnt bother me. Boozer has been 100 percent the weakest link on this team. His defense made Hansbrough look like an all star at times, he was missing bunnies all over the place, taking ill advised jumpshots with a hand in his face, taking 3 second penalties left and right.

I dont mind seeing Gibson taking up time on the floor at all. I just wish it would mean we could see a bit more of Rasual Butler

I was thinking about a poster:

Legends of the Guardian

The Owls of Rasual

with rasuals face covering the owls.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
I was thinking about a poster:

Legends of the Guardian

The Owls of Rasual

with rasuals face covering the owls.

LMAO, that would be almost as funny as flippedoutpunks Frank Thomas family portrait

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)

The thing is, we'll need Boozer. That said, I really like Gibson and think if he started for a full season we'd see how productive he really is. He needs to keep working on his jumper in the off-season and post game but I'm a big Gibson fan.

Boozer won't have to worry about these big long teams for a while though since Orlando only has Dwight, the Heat aren't big, and Boston isn't as big as they once were. I expect Boozer to have a bounce back series and he will be a big key to how far the Bulls go or don't go this postseason, imo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
Carlos Boozer has been diagnosed with turf toe after feeling something pop during Tuesday's win over the Pacers.

The pop he heard came from his ovaries.

Boozer hasn't done anything worthwhile since game 2 and he's a defensive liability. I'd rather give Gibson and Asik more minutes at this point.

Boozer hasn't been great but I haven't been thrilled with how they've utilized him. Hey sort of isolated him from the flow of the offense and just sort of tossed the ball to him to "get him going". He plays much better with pick and pops. And also the passes to him were usually a second too late. And even in addition to that, the refs were hounding him on the offensive end.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
Boozer hasn't been great but I haven't been thrilled with how they've utilized him. Hey sort of isolated him from the flow of the offense and just sort of tossed the ball to him to "get him going". He plays much better with pick and pops. And also the passes to him were usually a second too late. And even in addition to that, the refs were hounding him on the offensive end.

The Bulls need to improve and work in Boozer. The guy is a very very efficient offensive player and unfortunately, given the team wasn't able to practice with him and hasn't had a lot of time playing with both Noah and Boozer, they just haven't developed the appropriate offensive rhythm with Carlos. I expect him to play significantly better next year (from an offensive efficiency standpoint) and I still think they'll get him going better the rest of the postseason.

Boozer is a guy who has produced pretty well, from a historic standpoint, in the playoffs and against longer players (he's had some strong playoff series against the long Lakers).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
The Bulls need to improve and work in Boozer. The guy is a very very efficient offensive player and unfortunately, given the team wasn't able to practice with him and hasn't had a lot of time playing with both Noah and Boozer, they just haven't developed the appropriate offensive rhythm with Carlos. I expect him to play significantly better next year (from an offensive efficiency standpoint) and I still think they'll get him going better the rest of the postseason.

Boozer is a guy who has produced pretty well, from a historic standpoint, in the playoffs and against longer players (he's had some strong playoff series against the long Lakers).

He had one strong playoff series against the Lakers two years ago, well offensively anyways. He was horrible last year and bad 3 years against them on the offensive end and he has always been absolutely horrible against the Lakers defensively.

As awful and frustrating as Boozer has been, we're going to need him to win a championship, so hopefully he gets healthy and gets his s*** together.

I'm also hoping that Orlando can win game 6 to give the Bulls bodies a little more time to heal. I really couldn't care less who we play next round as neither team will give us too much trouble but I want the extra rest for our guys.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
As awful and frustrating as Boozer has been, we're going to need him to win a championship, so hopefully he gets healthy and gets his s*** together.I'm also hoping that Orlando can win game 6 to give the Bulls bodies a little more time to heal. I really couldn't care less who we play next round as neither team will give us too much trouble but I want the extra rest for our guys.

This.

The team needs his scoring to give Rose a little less to shoulder. They can't win as just the Derrick Rose show. He has to get some support from somewhere. Even Michael couldn't do it alone.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
As awful and frustrating as Boozer has been, we're going to need him to win a championship, so hopefully he gets healthy and gets his s*** together.

I'm also hoping that Orlando can win game 6 to give the Bulls bodies a little more time to heal. I really couldn't care less who we play next round as neither team will give us too much trouble but I want the extra rest for our guys.

It doesn't matter how long that series lasts. Game 1 will be on monday.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
I know why you say that as well. I'd rather face the celts b/c it would be much easier to lose. I no longer hate them, and would probably root for them to win if they beat us.

That said, a victory against the heat would be way more triumphant.

After that 2009 series, I'd be more triumphant to see the C's go down in the conf. finals to us.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Got a feeling the Bulls will have their best game on Tuesday, it´ll be over 4-1.

The Bulls then can rest while the Hawks and the Magic go at it for 6-7 games.

Yes sir, nailed two predictions on one post :headbang

I must be the only person in the world who watches Bulls games and thinks Boozer is doing a decent job. If he hit more of his shots it'd obviously be a lot better but hes definitely contributing to the offense.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
They will for stretches. If Miami is smart they will mix it up on Rose to keep guys fresh.

Sure, for stretches, for as much s*** as he takes Spoelstra knows what he's doing. Still, not the entire series like Indiana was doing. They can't.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)

This is what I've been saying. When he gets the ball late and fumbles it and then turns around and gets stuffed immediately and turns it over it looks really bad but that's also a ball movement problem that others on the offense (mostly Rose, but everyone) needs to be aware of.

I had the audacity to suggest Rose was partially responsible for some of the turnovers and failures in the paint and a couple of people started foaming at the mouth like "HOW DARE YOU SAY ROSE ISN'T INFALLIBLE AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WRONG ISN'T BOOZER'S FAULT"