2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
The Bulls need to improve and work in Boozer. The guy is a very very efficient offensive player and unfortunately, given the team wasn't able to practice with him and hasn't had a lot of time playing with both Noah and Boozer, they just haven't developed the appropriate offensive rhythm with Carlos. I expect him to play significantly better next year (from an offensive efficiency standpoint) and I still think they'll get him going better the rest of the postseason.

Boozer is a guy who has produced pretty well, from a historic standpoint, in the playoffs and against longer players (he's had some strong playoff series against the long Lakers).

The first half of your last sentence is true, the second half is the opposite of true

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
The Bulls need to improve and work in Boozer. The guy is a very very efficient offensive player and unfortunately, given the team wasn't able to practice with him and hasn't had a lot of time playing with both Noah and Boozer, they just haven't developed the appropriate offensive rhythm with Carlos. I expect him to play significantly better next year (from an offensive efficiency standpoint) and I still think they'll get him going better the rest of the postseason.

Boozer is a guy who has produced pretty well, from a historic standpoint, in the playoffs and against longer players (he's had some strong playoff series against the long Lakers).

I disagree on him getting better next year. Because a.) I think that the first half of the season won't happen again, b.) because Boozer will be another year older, and c.) because Carlos Boozer will spend at least 20%, maybe up to 50% of next year hurt, because that's just what happens to Carlos Boozer.

He's sorta been exactly what I expected, which is why I hated paying him like a $15 million a year player.

Kevin Durant just personally sent Denver home for the summer. That WAS SPECTACULAR. This Thunder team is somethin' else. I've got them in the conference finals for sure. They're the total package. Length, athleticism, size, depth and not one but TWO stars.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
Kevin Durant just personally sent Denver home for the summer. That WAS SPECTACULAR. This Thunder team is somethin' else. I've got them in the conference finals for sure. They're the total package. Length, athleticism, size, depth and not one but TWO stars.

Westbrook's looked pretty bad since game 1. Refusing to pass, missing more shots than Rose on a bad shooting night...etc.

I swear, when I watch Rose, I see a lot of control, composure, and I feel confident and at ease. When I watch Westbrook, I don't know what the hell might happen next. Will he miss a wide open layup? Will he make some weird shot?

I feel like they're still quite the ways apart.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
Westbrook's looked pretty bad since game 1. Refusing to pass, missing more shots than Rose on a bad shooting night...etc.

I swear, when I watch Rose, I see a lot of control, composure, and I feel confident and at ease. When I watch Westbrook, I don't know what the hell might happen next. Will he miss a wide open layup? Will he make some weird shot?

I feel like they're still quite the ways apart.

I wasn't debating Rose and Westbrook. Rose is the better player. But Westbook is clearly a star player. Yeah, he was sporadic and definitely needs to play a smarter, more disciplined game going forward. And even with that he still fills up a stat sheet, though he stunk up the joint tonight. I guess ultimately what I'm saying is that you're in pretty damn good shape when Russell Westbrook is your second best player.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
I wasn't debating Rose and Westbrook. Rose is the better player. But Westbook is clearly a star player. Yeah, he was sporadic and definitely needs to play a smarter, more disciplined game going forward. And even with that he still fills up a stat sheet, though he stunk up the joint tonight. I guess ultimately what I'm saying is that you're in pretty damn good shape when Russell Westbrook is your second best player.

I was just posting my observations. lol

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
I was just posting my observations. lol

Oh I know. But you know how sensitive some get around here. I didn't want death threats if it was implied that I was saying Westbrook was equal or better than Rose. And how about that Ibaka? That dude is a fricken monster. The Perkins addition has had a noticeable impact on him. He's more freed up now to just wreak havoc on the boards and shot-blocking. I think he had 9. But he changed or altered at least 5 other shots by my count. That team is built for LA.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
Oh I know. But you know how sensitive some get around here. I didn't want death threats if it was implied that I was saying Westbrook was equal or better than Rose. And how about that Ibaka? That dude is a fricken monster. The Perkins addition has had a noticeable impact on him. He's more freed up now to just wreak havoc on the boards and shot-blocking. I think he had 9. But he changed or altered at least 5 other shots by my count. That team is built for LA.

The guy's blocking ability is video game like.

I fear playing against the Thunder every time in 2K11. Ibaka owns you every time you drive to the hoop, it's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Philly letting him run clock out and he decides to drive and dunk it with nobody in the front court. I hate that crap.

I believe the over/under was 187. That made it 97-91. (Not that I'm accusing him of betting on the game)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)

Ridiculously good shape. Westbrook is a bonafide star and he's the 2nd best player on his team. No team is better set going forward than OKC. THey have legit talent throughout there lineup, nice depth, and seemingly a couple quality bigs, plus if they wanted to spend some money they could probably find a nice 4 to help them out.

I love watching OKC and I think it would be pretty fun if for the next 5 years we saw OKC, Chicago, and I suppose Miami battling it out (Chicago/Miami in the East) and OKC in the West.

It should also be important to indicate that someone is going to get some help a year from now when Howard, Paul, Deron, etc are all FA's.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)

Ibaka is going to just continue to get better. He's showing nice development and the upside is there with his athletismism.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Ibaka is going to just continue to get better. He's showing nice development and the upside is there with his athletismism.

Perkins has relieved him from playing C as much. He's only about 235-240. That's helped him considerably. I compare it to the pressure Pau Gasol took off of Odom. Before Gasol, Odom was by far and away the Lakers' second best player. But he wasn't consistent. He's much better in the role he's in now. As evidenced by his 6th man of the year award.

He is going to be impossible to guard in a couple of years.

The upside of that entire team is tremendous. Durant is 22, Ibaka is 21, Westbrook is 22, Harden is 21, and Perkins (assuming they keep him long term) is the elder statesman at 26. Out of the guys in their rotation only Collison and Nazr Mohammed are older than 26. Cole Aldrich and Mullens are looking like busts but if either of them can develop into a good center that team is set for a very long run at the top.