2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Bring on the Hawks.

I know every playoff series is tough but Atlanta´s ISO offense and habit of taking bad shots is just what the Bulls need to get to the ECF.

BTW, I wonder how bad Hinrich is hurt, they´ll need him to at least try to contain Rose...

Thibodeau was probably going to stay up late Sunday night making game plans, but then he saw the Hawks won and went ahead and took a nap.

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch or sound too overconfident, but I can't see this taking longer than 6 games... probably 5.

Well there's one team eliminated that the Bulls had no chance to beat in the playoffs, phew.

Seriously though, this is why it was so important to get the 1 seed, we should be able to handle Atl in 5 or at most 6 games while hopefully Miami and Boston can beat up on each other a little bit.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Don´t mean to kick a fella when he´s down but DBAHO should really take his signature quote down... ;)

I chuckle every time I see it.

I started to hate the Magic so freakin much this year but I do feel bad for DBAHO.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
Well there's one team eliminated that the Bulls had no chance to beat in the playoffs, phew.

Seriously though, this is why it was so important to get the 1 seed, we should be able to handle Atl in 5 or at most 6 games while hopefully Miami and Boston can beat up on each other a little bit.

I'll never be that cocky in the playoffs. We had a hell of a time against Indiana. I think we match up well with Atlanta, but you got to play the games.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
I'll never be that cocky in the playoffs. We had a hell of a time against Indiana. I think we match up well with Atlanta, but you got to play the games.

I know the Bulls will be prepared, Thibodeau doesn't play that s***. My opinion, however, is irrelevant. I just try to not act like an annoying douchebag on the internet

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)

Basketball is the one sport where I can be extremely cocky at times. There are two teams that I think can beat us, the Hawks aren't one of them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)

It's the NBA, not the NHL. Atlanta will be lucky to make it to game 6.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
Lakers and...Thunder?

Lakers and Heat actually. I still think the Thunder will win the West because of the Lakers being banged up but I can't see them beating the Bulls in a 7 game series. If the Lakers can get almost all the way healthy, they can still obviously beat anyone. And I've flip flopped on the Heat a couple times this season but overall, even though I don't think they have that killer instinct, I just don't have it in me to count out a team with that much freakin talent.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Lakers and Heat actually. I still think the Thunder will win the West because of the Lakers being banged up but I can't see them beating the Bulls in a 7 game series. If the Lakers can get almost all the way healthy, they can still obviously beat anyone. And I've flip flopped on the Heat a couple times this season but overall, even though I don't think they have that killer instinct, I just don't have it in me to count out a team with that much freakin talent.

This is what I believe to be true as well.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Don´t mean to kick a fella when he´s down but DBAHO should really take his signature quote down... ;)

I chuckle every time I see it.

Ha, well played (that's what happens when you have avatars and siggy's turned off for bout 3-4 years).

Going to be a very interesting off-season to say the least. I'll be shocked if Otis Smith and SVG both return, I think 1 will definitely go, Smith the more likely.

How we're going to improve with our salary situation and some of the contracts we have (Arenas, Duhon etc.) will be very difficult.

My guess is they do everything to try and sign Fran Vazquez from Spain to finally play the 4 to give Dwight some help (and another rebounder), one of Bass or Anderson is moved in a deal, J-Rich moves on allowing Redick to play the 2, and the Magic target some youth in the off-season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
I started to hate the Magic so freakin much this year but I do feel bad for DBAHO.

Just curious, is that because of my homerism, or Dwight's petulance on the court?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 07:03 AM)
How we're going to improve with our salary situation and some of the contracts we have (Arenas, Duhon etc.) will be very difficult.

The Magic really need to hope for the return of the Allan Houston rule

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
I know every playoff series is tough but Atlanta´s ISO offense and habit of taking bad shots is just what the Bulls need to get to the ECF.

BTW, I wonder how bad Hinrich is hurt, they´ll need him to at least try to contain Rose...

Hamstring sprain, MRI today. Even if he's back, that's the kind of injury that you're not 100% from for a while.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
Can some of you guys who watch the NBA a heckuva lot more than me give me a realistic assessment of what to expect in our next series?

I'm not the foremost expert, but from what I understand the Bulls matchup extremely well with Atlanta and have blown them out a few times this year.

Even though we matchup better with Orlando since their big trade for Arenas and co., we get the team we wanted here in Atlanta.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm not the foremost expert, but from what I understand the Bulls matchup extremely well with Atlanta and have blown them out a few times this year.

Even though we matchup better with Orlando since their big trade for Arenas and co., we get the team we wanted here in Atlanta.

Atlanta is younger and quicker than Orlando, but they don't have the size that Orlando has. The Pacers got under the Bulls skin by beating up the Bulls. Beating up a team is not Atlanta's game. The closest they have to a guy who can do that is Captain Kirk, and now he's at best hobbled.

The Bulls strength is taking a team like Atlanta and using their defense to force Atlanta into poor percentage outside shots. Sometimes they'll make those shots but rarely. This is where Thibs's D really should get to shine.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
Can some of you guys who watch the NBA a heckuva lot more than me give me a realistic assessment of what to expect in our next series?

The Bulls would have swept the Hawks in the season series if not for an awful 2nd half collapse. The Bulls have a huge edge on paper.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)

I was going to mention this if no one else did. That deal torpedo'd their season.