2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 07:04 AM)
Can some of you guys who watch the NBA a heckuva lot more than me give me a realistic assessment of what to expect in our next series?

Bulls won 2 out of 3 in the regular season against Atlanta. The one game they lost they blew a 19 point lead.

I think most people are expecting the Bulls to win this in 5.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
Bulls won 2 out of 3 in the regular season against Atlanta. The one game they lost they blew a 19 point lead.

I think most people are expecting the Bulls to win this in 5.

Of course after that 1 loss we'll hear about how we aren't cut out for the big boys. Nobody loses games in the playoffs and goes on to the championship.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
Can some of you guys who watch the NBA a heckuva lot more than me give me a realistic assessment of what to expect in our next series?

It is going to be the polar opposite of the Pacers series. It is going to be much more wide open, and way less physical. Atlanta likes to open it up and let their athletes go to work. How close the series is depends on how healty Kirk is, because if he can't hold Rose, the Bulls will just murder Atlanta. If he is healthy, it still shouldn't be that close. On the other side the only guy the Bulls will have trouble with is Joe Johnson, and that is only when Bogans and Brewer are on the bench for Korver. Other than that, their best players in Josh Smith and Al Horford will get D'd up by the Bulls best defenders in Noah and Deng for the most part. Boozer might get some time on Horford instead of Pachulia though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
Lakers and Heat actually. I still think the Thunder will win the West because of the Lakers being banged up but I can't see them beating the Bulls in a 7 game series. If the Lakers can get almost all the way healthy, they can still obviously beat anyone. And I've flip flopped on the Heat a couple times this season but overall, even though I don't think they have that killer instinct, I just don't have it in me to count out a team with that much freakin talent.

Wow, I just have a hard time being able to declare that the Bulls would beat the Thunder. Westbrook is almost as good as Rose and than you have Durant over there. They have a nice nucleus, improving defense, more length. They will be an incredibly tough matchup. I think the Lakers, Thunder, Heat, and Celtics can all give the Bulls problems. I also think the Bulls can beat each and any of those teams, but the same can be said the other way around.

In fact, I don't think any 1 of those 4 teams is really much better than the others.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
I was going to mention this if no one else did. That deal torpedo'd their season.

Really though, they might, might have gotten to round 2 if they hadn't made that deal, but they weren't getting any farther.

couple of interesting notes about the second round

The only analyst on ESPN that's picking the Bulls to sweep the Hawks is..... John Hollinger. I am shocked.

The Celtics and the Heat actually gets a 3 day rest between Game 2 and Game 3 (G2 on Tues, G3 on Sat.) while the Bulls and Hawks will play every other day. This will be though if we run into nagging injuries.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
couple of interesting notes about the second round

The only analyst on ESPN that's picking the Bulls to sweep the Hawks is..... John Hollinger. I am shocked.

The Celtics and the Heat actually gets a 3 day rest between Game 2 and Game 3 (G2 on Tues, G3 on Sat.) while the Bulls and Hawks will play every other day. This will be though if we run into nagging injuries.

That is absolutely f***ing beyond stupid.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)

The Bruins are still in the NHL playoffs; the Blackhawks are not. That's why.

not like this is news, DROSE gets awarded MVP wednesday night! :)

KCJHoop K.C Johnson

Secret out? RT @quietstorm_32: Congrats to drose on winning MVP he's played unbelievable this season! now just need tibs to win coach of yr

13 hours ago

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

The Spurs just got gassed in the second half of the season, they blew their load early in the season when they jumped out to that huge lead and just kind of let the pack come back to them. This series loss doesnt surprise me, the Spurs have some bigtime questions that are going to have to be asked going into next season.

Z-Bo was incredible in the last 5 minutes of the game. He was unstoppable after the Spurs took a 80-79 lead

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 1, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
The Spurs just got gassed in the second half of the season, they blew their load early in the season when they jumped out to that huge lead and just kind of let the pack come back to them. This series loss doesnt surprise me, the Spurs have some bigtime questions that are going to have to be asked going into next season.

Z-Bo was incredible in the last 5 minutes of the game. He was unstoppable after the Spurs took a 80-79 lead

I flicked last night on cable and saw one of the insane turnaround jumpers he hit in that run (Z-Bo).

I actually wonder what would have happened if that trade rumor before the deadline of Bass and J-Rich for Z-Bo would have happened. I think Memphis is glad they didn't do that one though (they do need to get Gasol signed though, the Knicks will be going after him hard (think a Gortat contract minimum)).

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
You guys really think the Thunder will have that much trouble with Memphis? I just don't see it.

I don't. The Grizzlies beat the Spurs due to athletic ability, and that advantage needless to say won't be there this round.

My picks:

OKC in 5 (Can the NBA install reseeding for the playoffs starting next year please?)

Lakers in 6 (Shouldn't even take them that long, but they'll dick around and make it interesting in similar fashion to round 1.)

Bulls in 5 (I'm still a major Bulls skeptic, as much as I love them, after last round. But the Hawks are an ideal matchup for the Bulls.)

Heat in 7 (The only series I could really see going either way. Give the Heat a coin flip edge due to homecourt, lack of Perkins.)

Edited by whitesoxfan101