2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Grizz wanted to win this series, this is the game they needed to steal. This really should be a fun series.

And I just hate both the Celtics and Heat with a passion, hopefully nobody wins this series.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
If the Grizz wanted to win this series, this is the game they needed to steal. This really should be a fun series.

And I just hate both the Celtics and Heat with a passion, hopefully nobody wins this series.

Unfortunately it isn't a WWF King of the Ring tournament where both teams could be DQ'd and the Bulls could get a bye to the finals.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
Especially since Wade has to score against that boston backcourt, and they've destroyed him this year.

Yeah, this is all about Bosh.

Wade: 14-21 for 38 pts

I don't watch all that much NBA, but I have a bad feeling that the Heat have figured it out and are gonna win it all. Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
Wade: 14-21 for 38 pts

I don't watch all that much NBA, but I have a bad feeling that the Heat have figured it out and are gonna win it all. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't care what anybody says. The Heat scare the living s*** out of me. They've been dubbed as an underachiever yet they still won 58 games without Haslem and then Miller being crap all year. They have 3 of the absolute best players in the game. I still don't think we can beat them 4 times in 2 weeks.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
Pierce is such a f***head, watching this series is just going to make me angry, there are so many douche bags on both teams.

This. I came in lightly rooting for the Celtics, now I'm just hoping for a bomb to go off in the middle of the court during one of these games.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
I don't care what anybody says. The Heat scare the living s*** out of me. They've been dubbed as an underachiever yet they still won 58 games without Haslem and then Miller being crap all year. They have 3 of the absolute best players in the game. I still don't think we can beat them 4 times in 2 weeks.

Everyone talks about how the Bulls swept the Heat, but it's not like those game were blow outs. Everyone remembers their s***ty start but disregards that they still had the 3rd best record in the entire league. LeBron is still the best player in the league and Wade ain't too shabby. I really really hope they lose but I'm just not sure I see it happening.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)

I've been saying it all post-season, they'll win this whole thing. I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
Everyone talks about how the Bulls swept the Heat, but it's not like those game were blow outs. Everyone remembers their s***ty start but disregards that they still had the 3rd best record in the entire league. LeBron is still the best player in the league and Wade ain't too shabby. I really really hope they lose but I'm just not sure I see it happening.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
I've been saying it all post-season, they'll win this whole thing. I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

I'll say this much: The Rose show won't work against the Heat. Deng and that wuss Boozer are going to have to play well. Not just alright. But well above average.

If the bulls win this series, the key is going to be that Thib is will let Korver play more. Because the Bulls need his offense, he may not be the best defender, but Thib needs to figure out a way to work around that because he is by far the Bulls best shooter. He also helps the Bulls space the floor, which should give Rose better lanes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Pretty much any NBA team can say that though. He has been talked about forever, and no one would hire him.

Funny thing is, I remember DBAH0 saying we should had hired him 2 years ago even without the interview based on his rep around the NBA as a defensive genius. (and he wanted him over SVG) I was a fan of his too, but didn't think he could handle particular match-ups/strategy and subs well.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
If the bulls win this series, the key is going to be that Thib is will let Korver play more. Because the Bulls need his offense, he may not be the best defender, but Thib needs to figure out a way to work around that because he is by far the Bulls best shooter. He also helps the Bulls space the floor, which should give Rose better lanes.

That being said, if Bogans is able to hit the open 3... his defense on Wade would be irreplaceable. I didn't notice it till the Pacers series but his defense is pretty sick.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
That being said, if Bogans is able to hit the open 3... his defense on Wade would be irreplaceable. I didn't notice it till the Pacers series but his defense is pretty sick.

Bogans isn't as reliable as Korver (Korver is pretty much automatic when he's left wide open) but I noticed the Pacers would just forget about him a lot and his defender would have about 8 feet to recover.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Bogans isn't as reliable as Korver (Korver is pretty much automatic when he's left wide open) but I noticed the Pacers would just forget about him a lot and his defender would have about 8 feet to recover.

Most of the season, Bogans just wouldn't hit that shot so it wouldn't matter if he was wide open. Last game he made it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Most of the season, Bogans just wouldn't hit that shot so it wouldn't matter if he was wide open. Last game he made it.

I think this was more true for the first 30 games of the season than it was for the games played in 2011 (I'm going to go look this up)