2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Heat have finally started running consistent offensive sets, I don't think they have a shot in hell at beating the Bulls. Their 1st unit is easily the most talented in the league, but their second unit is garbage and Thibodeau will coach circles around Spoelstra.

It seemed like Miami dominated but they only won by 9 and I don't think James Jones will have the same type of game again. I wanna say 7 games with game 2 being totally Pro Boston by refs.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
It seemed like Miami dominated but they only won by 9 and I don't think James Jones will have the same type of game again. I wanna say 7 games with game 2 being totally Pro Boston by refs.

They never completely pulled away but they had that game in hand through out. They're just better than Boston at this point imo, that Perkins trade changed everything.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
You guys really think the Thunder will have that much trouble with Memphis? I just don't see it.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Gasol & Z-Bo are gonna give OKC all they can handle inside.

Randolph is one such an underrated player. An absolute FORCE in the paint.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
lmao @ "everyone" disregarding the heat

Ya, not really sure where that came from. The winner of the Miami/Boston series will be favored by all of the "experts" I can guarantee that.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
It seemed like Miami dominated but they only won by 9 and I don't think James Jones will have the same type of game again.

He literally had one of the best games of his life. I don't even think Boston is that worried of him doing that again.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Randolph is one such an underrated player. An absolute FORCE in the paint.

Yes. Overall, Memphis is just a talented, well balanced overall team. I think in the end that OKC is just a little too talented and too good but the Grizzlies can play with anyone imo.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Yes. Overall, Memphis is just a talented, well balanced overall team. I think in the end that OKC is just a little too talented and too good but the Grizzlies can play with anyone imo.

If Memphis had a healthy Rudy Gay, I would be pretty scared if I were the Lakers.

Edited by chw42

@paulpierce34: I told Wade I will f*** his mom like how my man D.West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected"

I guess he deleted it or something idk, I see it quoted a bunch of times but it's not on his profile

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
@paulpierce34: I told Wade I will f*** his mom like how my man D.West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected"

I guess he deleted it or something idk, I see it quoted a bunch of times but it's not on his profile

:lolhitting

Edit: Thibs needs to get ROY too.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
If Memphis had a healthy Rudy Gay, I would be pretty scared if I were the Lakers.

Yeah except word is a lot of the players don't care for Rudy Gay and they've actually been better without him..

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
Funny thing is, I remember DBAH0 saying we should had hired him 2 years ago even without the interview based on his rep around the NBA as a defensive genius. (and he wanted him over SVG) I was a fan of his too, but didn't think he could handle particular match-ups/strategy and subs well.

Even when he was hired this season, there were still queries about his ability on the offensive side of things, which I think he's put on the shelf for the time being at least. I don't think anyone has ever doubted his ability as a defensive coach (and as we've seen, good defense wins you ballgames in the NBA, simple as that).

I think at the time, when you had VDN who hadn't even been an assistant coach let alone had any head coach experience vs. Tom Thibodeau who had been an assistant under Jeff Van Gundy for a long time, and then the job that he did in Boston with that team (and made Kevin Garnett probably the premier 1 on 1 interior defender in the NBA today), hands down it was a terrible decision from the Bulls front office at that point in time.

Luckily for them, they got a do-over.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 2, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
Yeah except word is a lot of the players don't care for Rudy Gay and they've actually been better without him..

Better shot selection on offense (pounding the ball inside with Z-Bo and Gasol), and probably better defense because Shane Battier is getting more playing time.

That said Gay is a very good player, but it's right to question at the moment whether he'd make the Grizzlies a better team at this point.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 2, 2011 -> 05:05 AM)
Better shot selection on offense (pounding the ball inside with Z-Bo and Gasol), and probably better defense because Shane Battier is getting more playing time.

That said Gay is a very good player, but it's right to question at the moment whether he'd make the Grizzlies a better team at this point.

Sam Young's also getting 20 minutes a game and he's not exactly a good player. He's solid defensively, but not so much on the offensive end.

Like you said, Gay's a very good player and Memphis is probably better off with him than without him. Most Memphis fans will probably tell you that.

Starters Pos Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts

D. Wade(notes) G 37:18 14-21 2-5 8-9 +8 0 1 5 2 3 2 0 4 38

M. Bibby(notes) G 21:55 1-4 1-3 0-0 +7 0 3 1 0 0 1 0 2 3

Z. Ilgauskas(notes) C 12:31 0-2 0-0 0-0 -7 1 4 0 3 0 0 0 3 0

L. James(notes) F 39:54 8-19 1-3 5-9 +1 1 6 5 3 2 2 1 2 22

C. Bosh(notes) F 37:20 3-10 0-0 1-2 -5 2 12 0 3 1 1 1 4 7

Bench Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts

Totals 32-68 9-19 26-32 5 39 17 16 7 8 3 21 99

Percentages .471 .474 .812 Team Rebounds: 8

J. Anthony(notes) 31:11 0-1 0-0 2-2 +15 1 5 1 2 0 2 0 4 2

J. Jones(notes) 28:17 5-7 5-7 10-10 +14 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 25

M. Chalmers(notes) 23:12 1-4 0-1 0-0 -1 0 2 2 2 1 0 1 0 2

M. Miller(notes) 8:22 0-0 0-0 0-0 +13 0 3 3 1 0 0 0 0 0

James Jones had a monster game 25pts, blame it on Boston´s D, those were wide open 3s he hit, other than Jones, Miami had a grand total of 4 points off of other Miami bench players and a total of 14 points by players not named Wade, James and Jones.

I still say if KG defends Bosh and limits him like he did yesterday with 7 pts, you can let Wade and LBJ get theirs but you CANNOT let a James Jones beat you.

BTW, Rondo needs to get his head out of his ass, he had his first assist in the 2nd half, if he isn´t getting assists, he is basically worthless.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1