2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
But usually they'd still pull together on defense.

You can't blame last night on the defense. Those shots the Hawks were raining in were mostly ridiculous. Sure, there were a few cheapos in the paint, but that's going to happen.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
David Kaplan

Breaking News, Rose did have MRI despite reports to contrary. Grade 2 sprain to ligament on outside of ankle.

Cutler would probably sit out Wednesday night

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Someone page ptac

Or Wikipedia

Ankle sprains are classified as grade 1, 2, and 3.[2] Some of the most common causes of ankle injuries are: lack of conditioning, lack of warming up and stretching properly, previous history of an ankle sprain, inadequate shoes, and uneven ground.[3] Depending on the amount of damage or the number of ligaments that are damaged, each sprain is classified from mild to severe. The amount of force that is placed on the ankle helps classify which grade of sprain is suffered. A mild sprain or one that causes slight stretching with minimal damage to the fibres in the ligament is considered a Grade 1 sprain. When there is some tearing of the ligament and the ankle joint moves in abnormal ways, it is noted to be a Grade 2 sprain. The final classification is Grade 3 sprain and includes severe injuries. These are ones where complete tears of a ligament and the presence of instability is experienced. Usually bruising will occur around the ankle but this can be prevented by putting ice on it and not putting it into hot water.

He needs rest that he's not going to get. Hopefully we don't see it worsen to grade 3 (complete tear). That there would suck.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
David Kaplan

Breaking News, Rose did have MRI despite reports to contrary. Grade 2 sprain to ligament on outside of ankle.

A grade 2 sprain is a partial tear of the ligament, up to 50%. The ligaments are extension of the joint capsuleso there is concomitant laxity in the joint with special tests.

The results don't change much during the playoffs. You tape it tightly add a functional ankle brace and hope he doesn't make it any worse. The downside is he may play a little more tentative due to the possibility of making it worse.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
A grade 2 sprain is a partial tear of the ligament, up to 50%. The ligaments are extension of the joint capsuleso there is concomitant laxity in the joint with special tests.

The results don't change much during the playoffs. You tape it tightly add a functional ankle brace and hope he doesn't make it any worse. The downside is he may play a little more tentative due to the possibility of making it worse.

And that my friends, is a EC Semifinal Loss, Hawks in 6

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)

Ugh. My biggest worry would be that it hurts his ability to elevate and cut, which pretty much makes him TJ Ford.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

Thanks ;)

QUOTE (Real @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)

Overreaction much? The Hawks are not that good. If Johnson and Crawford continue to hit contested shots well lose the series, if they don't well win. I am pretty confident in the fact that they wont. Bulls in 5 or 6. I don't care how bad Rose's ankle is.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Real @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)

Pff, I played for months with the same injury in college. Numbing shot and an ankle brace will solve the issue.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Overreaction much? The Hawks are not that good. If Johnson and Crawford continue to hit contested shots well lose the series, if they don't well win. I am pretty confident in the fact that they wont. Bulls in 5 or 6. I don't care how bad Rose's ankle is.

He has been saying the Bulls will lose since the beginning of the season.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)

HAWKS IN 6.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
You played college ball?

Not bball, but yes it involved a ball. It hurts like a motherf***er and to this day I have to wear active ankle braces to stabilize it, but he will be able to play through it if its stabilized so it doesnt roll again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
Ugh. My biggest worry would be that it hurts his ability to elevate and cut, which pretty much makes him TJ Ford.

This series isn't even my biggest concern. The Bulls can still win without a dominant Rose. But there's no way in hell they can get past Boston or Miami with him shooting 3s all day and not being aggressive.

QUOTE (Real @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
I have? Nice

Well I clearly remember you telling us that the Bulls were outclassed in talent by the Spurs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
This series isn't even my biggest concern. The Bulls can still win without a dominant Rose. But there's no way in hell they can get past Boston or Miami with him shooting 3s all day and not being aggressive.

Indeed. This series wont be too much of a problem, with or with out Rose being 100 percent. That being said, even if Derrick is healthy, this team just needs a swift kick in the nuts. I know we've played down to our competition most of the season but it's about time for this team to wake the f*** up and start playing like they're capable of. No matter how you look at it, we've been bad so far since the playoffs started and I don't want to have to "turn the switch on" in a series against Miami/Boston.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
Andybody watch the MVP press conference? He was so sincere & humble, it was something neat to watch.

I was almost in tears when he was talking to his mom. That was something special.