2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
Andybody watch the MVP press conference? He was so sincere & humble, it was something neat to watch.

I don't know how anybody can dislike Rose as a person. He could be the biggest douchebag in the world, but he chooses to remain humble and grounded despite his accomplishments.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't directed at anyone here, but I am going to smack the next person I hear mention Rondo as one of the elite PGs along side Rose, Paul, Williams and Westbrook. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
Not bball, but yes it involved a ball. It hurts like a motherf***er and to this day I have to wear active ankle braces to stabilize it, but he will be able to play through it if its stabilized so it doesnt roll again.

Those are my favorites to give to patients. It's near impossible to severely injury your ankle wearing them.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Those are my favorites to give to patients. It's near impossible to severely injury your ankle wearing them.

I've sprained my ankles about 8 times each. I wear braces when I play just for mental reasons. Ha

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Only Kaplan reported that Rose had a grade 2 sprain. No other sources have said anything. I wonder how legit Kaplan's report was.

ya i'm curious as well:

"Despite a report that Derrick Rose experienced no swelling in his ankle and participated fully in practice, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago reports that the MVP has a grade 2 sprain to the ligament on the outside of his ankle."

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 3, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
Lol. You must cry a lot. It wasn't THAT special. Anyway, congrats. Well deserved.

Or it could be because there's a lot of people who didn't have a father figure growing up and have great relationships with their mother.

But nah, I'm just a p****.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 3, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Or it could be because there's a lot of people who didn't have a father figure growing up and have great relationships with their mother.

I know we've had our disagreements over the last year or so, but +1 broseph. :notworthy

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
This isn't directed at anyone here, but I am going to smack the next person I hear mention Rondo as one of the elite PGs along side Rose, Paul, Williams and Westbrook. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys.

Averaged less than 10 points a game in March and April and his shooting percentage dropped to 40% since they traded his best friend off the team.

Says a lot for his maturity as a person and a player really.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
it's being re-aired tonight at 11pm CST on Comcast Sports Net.

Guys, guys. COME ON! It's the year 2011 and we're watching the world's most open sport in terms of sharing and allowing their content to reach the eyes of as many people as possible. Utilize your resources, we no longer need to sit around and wait for replays!

Interesting tidbit I heard. Bulls are VERY interested in drafting Iman Shumpert with one of their two late 1st round draft picks. He'd give them a good defender and length off the bench at the combo guard position. It's likely the main reason he decided to stay in the draft.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
so any definitive word on Rose's ankle?

Gonna have to go with what was said at his press conference that it was fine. He practiced fully, no swelling, and worked out afterwards.

He also appeared to be getting around fine without a limp. So unless he suffers a setback today or something.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 3, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)

I didn't say all that. And I wasn't trying to be a dick. And I can see being 'moved' or 'touched' or whatever. But nearly reduced to tears? That's a bit much. You just got caught up in the moment because that's your favorite player and you feel like you 'know' him. If that had been any regular dude tearing up over his mom it wouldn't have had that affect.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
gz Miami is scary :(

You got that right. The NBA is the one sport in which talent alone can overcome any obstacle. Boston looks old as s***. 'Bron and Wade are just taking turns on they ass. Something drastic will have to occur for Boston to win this series. And even the biggest Bulls homer can't feel too confident at the moment at a potential conference finals showdown. I know I don't.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Gonna have to go with what was said at his press conference that it was fine. He practiced fully, no swelling, and worked out afterwards.

He also appeared to be getting around fine without a limp. So unless he suffers a setback today or something.

But but but, David Kaplan said......