2010-2011 NBA Thread

Ok, so for the first time this post-season, I'm not relaxed about the Bulls. I'm bringing my playoff intensity as a fan and I hope the Bulls respond by bringing there playoff intensity for just the 2nd time this post-season.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Ok, so for the first time this post-season, I'm not relaxed about the Bulls. I'm bringing my playoff intensity as a fan and I hope the Bulls respond by bringing there playoff intensity for just the 2nd time this post-season.

This is my exact mindset.

We've gone 88 games without back to back losses. There's no reason to start in the Eastern Conference Semis.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Agreed. I keep hoping they'll flip the switch.

That said, my god, KG this could be your last playoffs! Punish those dudes that are punking you

6'11" dudes at the end of their 16th season in the League don't do much punishing. Dude is a really old 35.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
6'11" dudes at the end of their 16th season in the League don't do much punishing. Dude is a really old 35.

Those knees are 45. He just doesnt have the explosion he used to have. Everyone acted like Wade crossing him over was a bigtime move, but it was a basic crossover and Garnett gave him an "Ole'!"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Those knees are 45. He just doesnt have the explosion he used to have. Everyone acted like Wade crossing him over was a bigtime move, but it was a basic crossover and Garnett gave him an "Ole'!"

Exactly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)

TELL THAT TO BIG SEXY

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)

KG would've sent that s*** into the 10th row 8 years ago.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)

You are going to see a lot of the stars of today getting "old" quickly from playing so many more games at 18-19-20.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
How could you NOT get choked up watching that speech about his mom?

Because I just can't. If I'm insensitive then so be it. I can understand being a little moved. But he said tears. I'm sorry. I've got a lot more important things to be moved to tears about than a rich superstar athlete getting choked up at an MVP press conference. I didn't get choked up in '96 after the 4th title and MJ was balling over his father. I get why he got REALLY emotional. Me? No. That's not happening. But I will apologize to Soxfan because it seems as if I was making fun of him or something when I really wasn't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
You are going to see a lot of the stars of today getting "old" quickly from playing so many more games at 18-19-20.

Kobe is only 32 yet he has lost a lot of his explosiveness, he has such great fundamentals that he still can dominate.

LBJ will decline fast when he hits 30.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 3, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
gz Miami is scary :(

I thought Boston would put up a bigger fight but they prolly are too old, still, it ain't a series til someone wins at the other teams floor but it's not looking good right now for the Cs.

They will be a b**** to beat if it's the Bulls and the Heat in the ECF, I'm not sure we have enough offense...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
Guys, guys. COME ON! It's the year 2011 and we're watching the world's most open sport in terms of sharing and allowing their content to reach the eyes of as many people as possible. Utilize your resources, we no longer need to sit around and wait for replays!

Ironic that Kia sponsors the NBA. None of their players could fit in a Kia.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
Because I just can't. If I'm insensitive then so be it. I can understand being a little moved. But he said tears. I'm sorry. I've got a lot more important things to be moved to tears about than a rich superstar athlete getting choked up at an MVP press conference. I didn't get choked up in '96 after the 4th title and MJ was balling over his father. I get why he got REALLY emotional. Me? No. That's not happening. But I will apologize to Soxfan because it seems as if I was making fun of him or something when I really wasn't.

Man, you are incredible sometimes. Maybe take some time to realize that not everything is about you all the time. And not everyone sees things the way you do. And not everyone has had your same experiences. And not everyone can just sit around and get blitzed every day and rip people a new asshole.

What the hell do you care if he was moved to tears? Why do you feel like you have to even comment about that? Even if you, in your wildest dreams, could never imagine reacting that way, do you have to take exception to him reacting that way? He didn't ask you to hold him while he replayed it over and over again.

I was moved and I didn't even see Rose's speech. I can relate to him just by reading what he said and what others said about it. My mother is my hero in life and she was everything to me for a very long time; she still is the person that makes me get out of bed and go to work when I don't feel like I can otherwise. And whom I think about when I am about to do something incredibly stupid or irresponsible.

Sometimes its better to not say anything, dude.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Kobe is only 32 yet he has lost a lot of his explosiveness, he has such great fundamentals that he still can dominate.

LBJ will decline fast when he hits 30.

Its all about how your knees can hold up when you are a constant jumper. I have jumpers knees from playing vball and I'm only 29. I can only imagine how much ice those guys have to use to keep their knees in shape. The players with touch on their jumpers definitely will last longer (which is what Jordan went to)

QUOTE (knightni @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
Ironic that Kia sponsors the NBA. None of their players could fit in a Kia.

Apparently you didn't see Baron pop his head out of one and toss a ball to Blake for the fixed dunk contest.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
Apparently you didn't see Baron pop his head out of one and toss a ball to Blake for the fixed dunk contest.

That'll teach him. Get in a Kia, get traded to Cleveland.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
This is my exact mindset.

We've gone 88 games without back to back losses. There's no reason to start in the Eastern Conference Semis.

'Tis not true but close enough.