2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Horrible is very accurate for his game. You can say that some/most (depending on your outlook) of that is because of the ankle, which is certainly true, but it doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible. He was really, really bad.

No, he wasn't horrible. It was a mediocre game (for him) but he was not horrible, he was in some Atlanta players' faces on defense forcing them to make bad shots and turn the ball over. He was just taking way too many bad shots.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
I would have loved to have you commenting on some of the Jordan performances back in the day...

Jordan never came close to averaging the number of threes Rose averaged a game this year. He realized his limitations, and instead got to the line way more on a regular basis.

The only guy who had a even worse game than Boozer today was Josh Smith.

Oh my god he is bad...

If it wasn't for Boozer giving him some lollipop blocks, he would have been utterly useless today.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Jordan never came close to averaging the number of threes Rose averaged a game this year. He realized his limitations, and instead got to the line way more on a regular basis.

But Jordan had plenty of performances worse than Rose's today and not many people were calling them horrible.

I am perfectly willing to accept Rose's performance today as "disappointing," or as Lost said, "mediocre." Horrible, it was not.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Carla Boozer played like a b**** today... I've got half a mind to meet her in the locker room and f*** her to see if that helps.

He's mentally wrecked at this point. I blame this on Kwame Brown.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
But Jordan had plenty of performances worse than Rose's today and not many people were calling them horrible.

I am perfectly willing to accept Rose's performance today as "disappointing," or as Lost said, "mediocre." Horrible, it was not.

I'd say it was bad. .44 TS% and 8 turnovers. He shot similarly in game 1 minus the 8 turnovers.

I would call his game 1 performance mediocre though.

And Noah + Deng were nails tonight. Bulls might have lost without those two contributing the way they did. Double doubles for both. Deng hit a couple of big shots on back to back possessions to seal this game basically. Noah saved Rose and Boozer a couple of times with big put backs. With Rose struggling, the Bulls need these two to bring it for the rest of the series.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
He's mentally wrecked at this point. I blame this on Kwame Brown.

I mean, I know you're in the past against Josh Smith, but really now. When you have the ball and you get to the rim first you need to finish, I don't care if you're playing against Dwight Howard. He was just getting everything slapped away without a fight.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
I mean, I know you're in the past against Josh Smith, but really now. When you have the ball and you get to the rim first you need to finish, I don't care if you're playing against Dwight Howard. He was just getting everything slapped away without a fight.

there was a fight.. at least verbally.. i heard him go "AAAHHHH!!!!!" a couple times?

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
there was a fight.. at least verbally.. i heard him go "AAAHHHH!!!!!" a couple times?

Boozer? He does that every time he gets the ball ripped out of his hands or gets rejected (sometimes he does it BEFORE actually getting rejected)

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Boozer? He does that every time he gets the ball ripped out of his hands or gets rejected (sometimes he does it BEFORE actually getting rejected)

when theres a rebound opportunity he goes "GET THAT SH*T!!!!!!!!!" i love that

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)

Boozer has the foulest mouth of any player I've ever heard. lol.

"GIMME THAT s***"

"GOD DAMMIT"

"WHAT THE f***"

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Horrible is very accurate for his game. You can say that some/most (depending on your outlook) of that is because of the ankle, which is certainly true, but it doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible. He was really, really bad.

Hawks fan this round? Terrible is a hilarious evaluation of his night.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)

youre crazy.. he scored a game high 25 points and had 10 assists, in our world thats called a terrible performance, hellooooo

oh and he was a +14... TERRRBLE! /Barkleyvoice

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)

You're just not going to convince me that 25/10/6 in the postseason is "really, really bad."

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)

I don't. How about he keeps his mouth shut when he grabs an uncontested rebound and actually contributes. I hate literally everything about Boozer.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
You're just not going to convince me that 25/10/6 in the postseason is "really, really bad."

Normally it wouldn't be, but when it comes with more shots than points, including another 8 3PA night, and eight turnovers, I'm not going to be convinced that it was a good game.

Also, directed at FOP, I think it was already pointed out how flawed a stat +/- is, so citing that as a reason he was good is kind of absurd.

This really isn't worth arguing about though, so I'll shut up.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)

He was not real bad. Real bad is scoring 5 points on awful shooting with no assist, no rebounds, etc. Guy put up points, assists, and shot a decent enough percentage. He just took a lot of bad 3's and had some stupid TO's.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
He was not real bad. Real bad is scoring 5 points on awful shooting with no assist, no rebounds, etc. Guy put up points, assists, and shot a decent enough percentage. He just took a lot of bad 3's and had some stupid TO's.

Dude, efficientness wins ballgames, ask my boy CP3, youve probably heard of him

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)

37% on 27 shots is not decent enough. He had a bad game offensively but the Bulls were tremendous defensively so it didn't matter.