2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
I disagree. Pierce and Allen weren't quite defensive stalwarts previous to Thibs getting them to buy into that system on the Celtics, and he got them on board. I feel like he could convince anyone at this point, given the team the Bulls have right now.

I'm not just talking about defense.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 5, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm not just talking about defense.

I can't speak for Crawford really...but I think Ben, now that he's got the big contract, would accept a well-defined role if he felt it was for the good of the team and that team had a chance to win a championship.

Crawford is one of the worst defensive players i've ever seen.

edit: like someone lip synching a hymn they don't actually know but want to seem part of the bigger group, crawford just seems to think if it looks like he's playing defense it's enough to satisfy everyone.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
rofl i was just looking at mvp gear from nbastore. that's pretty cool.

yea i bought this shirt. i was kinda pissed becuase i ordered it and get an email thanking me for the order. then i get an email a few hours later saying: Thank you for shopping at NBAStore.com, your business is important

to us. We received your order, which included advanced sale

items that are unavailable for immediate shipment. Once the product

is available for processing, you will receive a new order

confirmation email.

but yet it said nothing of it not being available/being a presell item in the listing.they tell you once u buy it oh well, i guess ill get it eventually

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)
Kick him out of the league. The guy is an idiot and most of the time the media glorifies his behavior as cute and harmless. His act is old.

Most of his behavior nowadays is cute and harmless, he's reformed his behavior quite a bit the last several years since his major mid 2000's problems. To say he should be kicked out of the league is outright insanity. However, he definitely deserved to be suspended in this case.

Also, where I can purchase that "Rose before hoes" shirt? Awesomeness.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
Kick him out of the league. The guy is an idiot and most of the time the media glorifies his behavior as cute and harmless. His act is old.

But he won the NBA's 2010-11 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 6, 2011 -> 07:57 AM)
But he won the NBA's 2010-11 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award?

Eh, Ron-Ron is just plain a bad dude. He's f***ed in the head.

That being said, you aren't kicking him out of the league anytime soon. If Rodman could kick a photographer in the balls on the sidelines during a game and stay in the league (I think it was somewhere between 11-13 games in suspension) then Ron-Ron isn't getting kicked out. Even though he did hop in the stands and drop some f***s nearly a decade ago.

About to leave for Atlanta... Hope I don't get heckled too much, but apparently, there's no chance of that as my friend (who's a Hawks fan) said their fans are really bad and unrelenting on away-team fans.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
About to leave for Atlanta... Hope I don't get heckled too much, but apparently, there's no chance of that as my friend (who's a Hawks fan) said their fans are really bad and unrelenting on away-team fans.

I'm sure the 14 actual Hawks fans will be all over you.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)

I hope for your sake that you dont either. The two bulls/pacers playoff games i went to, guys wearing indiana gear got heckled to the point where security had to move the guy to another area.. ahh.. life in the 300 section......

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
I'm sure the 14 actual Hawks fans will be all over you.

If the Hawks were to somehow pull off the upset, the Eastern Finals would probably have the worst home fan support ever in a series.

The Bulls just announced that Carlos Boozer is questionable for tonight's game against the Atlanta Hawks in their Eastern Conference semifinal series.

Boozer has been largely ineffective since the NBA playoffs began and told the media after Game 4 against Indiana that he was suffering from turf toe. It looks like what's hurting him is more than turf toe as Boozer has no lift in his legs to attack the basket and has settled on mid-range jumpers. Boozer was roundly booed at the United Center during Wednesday night's win against the Hawks, prompting sports columnists and even former Bull Horace Grant to suggest that sitting Boozer may be the best option for the team.

via

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
The Bulls are better with a healthy Taj Gibson in the lineup than an injured Boozer. No doubt.

Yeah. I'd be more than happy to give Carlos a game off or two at this point.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
Yeah. I'd be more than happy to give Carlos a game off or two at this point.

Would a game or two off really help Turf Toe though?

You want to help him, put Taj in there, win the next 3 games, give him 2+ weeks off.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
fixed

Agreed. We can win this series without Boozer, but no way can we beat the Heat without him (and yes, I am assuming the Heat will win, not far fetched) being closer to full strength.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
Agreed. We can win this series without Boozer, but no way can we beat the Heat without him (and yes, I am assuming the Heat will win, not far fetched) being closer to full strength.

Totally agree.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)

The Hawks don't play enough defense to require an offensive player like Boozer to be effective. Plus the Bulls still own enough of an advantage when they are on defense to be all right.