2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
lol@the Paul sarcasm. Dude put up a line of 22 PPG, 11.5 APG, 6.7 RPG, 1.8 SPG, 54.6 fg%, 47.4 3pt% on the Lakers with NBDL talent around him. That series had no business going 6 games and did so only because of Paul's brilliance. Paul is great. Let it go.

What is it about Paul that brings out the insecurities in people? Tell an Illini fan that Paul is better than Deron, and he will rip your freaking head off.

Question: Why is no one worried about the Mavericks? People were scared of the Lakers, and the Mavs might sweep them. Why does no one seem to think the Bulls would have a problem with them?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
What is it about Paul that brings out the insecurities in people? Tell an Illini fan that Paul is better than Deron, and he will rip your freaking head off.

Question: Why is no one worried about the Mavericks? People were scared of the Lakers, and the Mavs might sweep them. Why does no one seem to think the Bulls would have a problem with them?

For me, it's just that aura the Lakers have or had. The experience and know-how. Kinda like the Bulls in the 90's. It's not that the Mavs couldn't beat the Bulls at all.

Edited by Jordan4life

The Lakers to me just look like they expected it to be easy, and Pau is playing extremely soft which isnt helping things at all. The Mavs are just playing run and gun and the Lakers just cannot keep up with them at this point in the season, they are gassed. Strangely enough, the Lakers and Spurs look extremely similar in how their series are playing out, a step slow and expecting the other team to let them do what they want. It surprises me, Phil Jackson is usually pretty good about not allowing his teams to play like that.

When it comes to the Mavs playing the Bulls, of course I think the Mavs could give the Bulls problems, but I think the Bulls youth and defense is a much better matchup against the Mavs. Of course if Dirk goes off and is completely unguardable, all bets are off.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
The Lakers to me just look like they expected it to be easy, and Pau is playing extremely soft which isnt helping things at all. The Mavs are just playing run and gun and the Lakers just cannot keep up with them at this point in the season, they are gassed. Strangely enough, the Lakers and Spurs look extremely similar in how their series are playing out, a step slow and expecting the other team to let them do what they want. It surprises me, Phil Jackson is usually pretty good about not allowing his teams to play like that.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Personally, I just think it's a new era. The Celtics' Big 3, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Nash are all older and have seen their best days. And you've got this incredible new wave that's come in the last few years. Out with the old, in with the new.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:37 AM)
I agree with pretty much all of this. Personally, I just think it's a new era. The Celtics' Big 3, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Nash are all older and have seen their best days. And you've got this incredible new wave that's come in the last few years. Out with the old, in with the new.

Kind of like MLB. Unfortunately, the Sox never received that memo.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
awdamn.jpg

awww man why you gotta do me like that?

lmao. I've got new wallpaper. And another thing, I was trying to think if Rose's performance last night could crack MJ's top 10 playoff/finals games. Took me about 32 seconds to realize it can't. Anyway, epic game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
lmao. I've got new wallpaper. And another thing, I was trying to think if Rose's performance last night could crack MJ's top 10 playoff/finals games. Took me about 32 seconds to realize it can't. Anyway, epic game.

Nothing wrong with that. MJ is the best player to step foot on a court. Rose has his own legacy to define

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)

Nothing wrong with that. MJ is the best player to step foot on a court. Rose has his own legacy to define

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)

Yeah, I just got caught up in the moment. Rose had my ass mesmerized. Then I remembered MJ and I came back down a little.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 7, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
It's really laughable how defensive you guys are. But hey, Rose had a fantastic game. Congrats.

I was really just goofing around. Look, I realize that Paul is a really good player, we discussed some of this in chat a few weeks ago. Rose has a few flaws in his game that he is obviously working on, and even with those flaws he ended up being MVP. The sky is the limit for him at this point in his career, and that is exciting for the fanbase after the Floyd/Cartwright/VDN and end of Skiles years. It is just as aggravating for some of us when we get excited about a great game or burst and someone says "Yeah well he isnt as efficient as Paul" as it is for people like you(fans of other teams) that interpret our excitement as "ROSE IS THE BEST EVER AND THAT IS THAT!".

Plus, there are a lot of condescending remarks on both sides that make it worse(which admittedly I have been a part of). At this point, in this season, IMO Rose has been far and away a better player than Paul. Over their careers, Paul has been much better. Their circumstances are different, their coaching is different, and their surrounding personnel is different so there is no definite answer to who will ultimately be the better player over the course of their careers. Because I am a Bulls fan, of course I will put my money on the hometown hero everytime, with no shame.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
Yeah, I just got caught up in the moment. Rose had my ass mesmerized. Then I remembered MJ and I came back down a little.

However, the 8 point burst out of Rose in the 4th quarter when the Hawks cut it to 11 points was Jordan-esque. Not the whole game, but that two minute span when he said "Nope, STFD"

QUOTE (Felix @ May 7, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
It's really laughable how defensive you guys are. But hey, Rose had a fantastic game. Congrats.

No nearly as laugable as calling his last game terrible. The hawks aren't helping you out much this series.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
No nearly as laugable as calling his last game terrible. The hawks aren't helping you out much this series.

Why am I a Hawks fan suddenly? I really couldn't care less about this matchup for the Bulls, there's no reason they shouldn't advance.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Someone needs to tell Russell Westbrook that he has Kevin Durant on his team.

No kidding. Ridiculous that he's not getting any touches here in the 4th.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
No kidding. Ridiculous that he's not getting any touches here in the 4th.

Durant is a top notch person but I wonder how long those two will be able to co-exist on that team. Seems Westbrook wants to be the man.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
Thunder playing this 4th like a team at the Y. Mostly because of Westbrook.

Just an ugly offense for them right now. They're lucky Memphis can't hit free throws.