2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of what happens tonite, i think Danny Ainge is going to catch a lot of s*** this offseason for the Perkins trade. Trusting the 0'Neals in the middle for the playoffs was moronic at best.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
He's back on the bench.

I didn't see the play, did you think it was deliberate?

Well Rondo was digging his forearm into the back of Wade's neck, and they were sort of battling for position. Then Wade seemed to lose his balance and when he realized he was falling, he put his leg behind Rondo's and used leverage to slam him down. Rondo tried to brace himself with his left arm and it hyperextended. It looked pretty gruesome, but it is a testament to the human body that bones can bend like that without snapping. Many times these hyperextensions look very serious, and then don't turn out to be.

Edited by iamshack

i do not like Rondo(due to a lot of his little antics in the bulls/celtics playoffs) but i have nothing but respect for what he is doing. His first series back in the game and he catches the ball one handed and dribbles up the court with the arm that was dislocated

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
I think his left arm is still not right, Im surprised they have him in there with this lead.

He's running on adrenaline and they probably want him to stretch it out more now & get more used to the feel.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
Seems like the Heat were almost willing to concede this game early in the second half. Pretty lame effort thus far.

Duh, you think the Hawks are a mentally weak team, you get a double digit lead early on the Heat and they give up quicker than any team in the league.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Duh, you think the Hawks are a mentally weak team, you get a double digit lead early on the Heat and they give up quicker than any team in the league.

I thought they'd bring it up a notch now that the postseason is here. They could have put this series to bed with a win tonight. I expected maximum effort. Instead, it almost seems like they're trying to play rope-a-dope today.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
I thought they'd bring it up a notch now that the postseason is here. They could have put this series to bed with a win tonight. I expected maximum effort. Instead, it almost seems like they're trying to play rope-a-dope today.

Just hoping celtics can win game 4 and take all the momentum back in the series.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)

I've seen no reason to believe that LBJ mentally picks it up in the postseason...not since 2008 at least. The last 2 years he's been a prime postseason quitter too, and his team has followed.

Heat never forced Rondo to go left when he had the ball. Shame on them.

What Wade did may have been dirty but F Rondo. All he did was throw cheap shots at the Bulls in 09.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I've seen no reason to believe that LBJ mentally picks it up in the postseason...not since 2008 at least. The last 2 years he's been a prime postseason quitter too, and his team has followed.

I'll give you last year. But here's LeBron's '09 playoff line: 35.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 7.3 apg, 51% fg, 37.4 PER over 14 games. And to put the PER stat in perspective, MJ never had one that high in any of his playoff runs. LeBron was BY FAR the best player in the playoffs that season. They didn't lose to Orlando because he mentally checked out.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)
Heat never forced Rondo to go left when he had the ball. Shame on them.

What Wade did may have been dirty but F Rondo. All he did was throw cheap shots at the Bulls in 09.

Absolutely, it was literally pissing me off to see how f***in stupid Miami was being.

And I'm not going to lie, I literally stood up and cheered when Rondo went down, I really couldn't care less if that makes me a bad person or a bad sports fan or whatever, f*** that asshole.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 8, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Absolutely, it was literally pissing me off to see how f***in stupid Miami was being.

And I'm not going to lie, I literally stood up and cheered when Rondo went down, I really couldn't care less if that makes me a bad person or a bad sports fan or whatever, f*** that asshole.

Yeahhhh, if your that sucked into it that you cheer when someone has an injury that looked so terrible you prob. need to reassess somethings in your life. I wouldn't shed any tears, but even Vick who actually did disgusting things off the field I'm not going to cheer if he gets hurt. With how Rondo has been playing as of late I think Celtics are almost better giving West the minutes anyhow.

So again, the "Hospital" source appears to have been incorrect. No broken bones or ankle injury for Boozer, but just a seriously messed up toe.

Boozer revealed that ligaments on both sides of his right big toe were torn as a result of the injury suffered in Game 5 of the first-round series against the Pacers.

"It's not broken," Boozer told the Tribune. "Thank God all the bones are good."

There are three levels of turf toe: Grade I, which involves stretched ligaments; Grade II, which is a partially torn ligament; and Grade III, a complete tear of the ligaments and joint capsule, with a possible dislocation. Boozer wouldn't say exactly which grade his was, but he did his best to explain the pain.

"The doctors said on the scale of 1 to 3, with 3 being the worst; it was a 3," Boozer said.

As for suggestions he should sit for the rest of the Hawks series to prepare for the conference finals, Boozer laughed.

"I'm going to play," Boozer said. ``I'm doing what I can to help my team win. And my teammates and my coaches want me out there."

Ok, so Iggy is on the trading block again once the postseason ends.

I'd offer up Brewer, Watson, Pargo, Bogans, Lucas, the 28th pick, for Iggy.

All those contracts are non-guaranteed or expiring, and gets Iggy's contract off the Sixers hands.

Rose (38)/Vet. PG (10)

Iguodala (24)/Korver (24)

Deng (38)/Iguodala (10)

Boozer (30)/Gibson (18)

Noah (36)/Asik (12)

That starting five D is suffocating and if your new back up point can play D, the bench D should still be good.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 8, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Ok, so Iggy is on the trading block again once the postseason ends.

I'd offer up Brewer, Watson, Pargo, Bogans, Lucas, the 28th pick, for Iggy.

All those contracts are non-guaranteed or expiring, and gets Iggy's contract off the Sixers hands.

Rose (38)/Vet. PG (10)

Iguodala (24)/Korver (24)

Deng (38)/Iguodala (10)

Boozer (30)/Gibson (18)

Noah (36)/Asik (12)

That starting five D is suffocating and if your new back up point can play D, the bench D should still be good.

Iggy doesn't really spread the floor like an Affalo can, but he's at least a guy who can create his own shot. That would be an incredible defensive team. I'm not sure the Bulls have the cap room for his contract though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Iggy doesn't really spread the floor like an Affalo can, but he's at least a guy who can create his own shot. That would be an incredible defensive team. I'm not sure the Bulls have the cap room for his contract though.

For the Bulls it isn't about having cap space any more. It's about having expiring contracts to balance the player's contract. The only way the Bulls could get cap space is by dealing Deng, Noah, or Boozer for an expiring contract, and after this summer they'll be adding Rose to that list (and have to deal 2 of them to create cap space).

At least, under the old rules.