2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Iggy doesn't really spread the floor like an Affalo can, but he's at least a guy who can create his own shot. That would be an incredible defensive team. I'm not sure the Bulls have the cap room for his contract though.

Deal Watson/Brewer/Pargo/Bogans/Lucas and 2 picks (28th and second rounder) and you get him. His contract won't matter, as long as Bird Rights are retained in the CBA (and the NBA will keep the MLE and Bird Rights, because otherwise it's two future cash-cow organizations, the Heat and Bulls, will be handicapped) then we can retain Rose. Now, we'd have an expensive starting 5, but a damn good one.

Deng and Iguodala can shut down the perimeter, letting Rose sneak around for his blocks/steals. Noah of course holds down the paint while Boozer stands there and yells. Sure, we lose the Bench Mob Backcourt, but with the 30th, draft a point guard who can play D. Deng or Iggy would be on the court at all times, same with Rose and Iguodala.

Bring Korver off the bench when you need threes, but Rose and Deng can each hit the three and who knows? Maybe Iggy flourishes as a fourth option and nails 3 pointers, like Deng when he went from 2nd to 3rd.

Taj and Asik stay, retain Butler, maybe bring back Bogans when he's cut and our team looks nice.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
LoL. A small part of me wanted the Bulls to win the title over LA. 20 years in the making type story, but this is glorious.

Would've been a nice storyline. But I'd love to play the Grizzlies in the finals should we get there. A title is a title.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 8, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
And there goes my big fear in the Playoffs.

Exactly. I don't know what the hell happened to the Lakers in this series. But I'm thankful.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
Would've been a nice storyline. But I'd love to play the Grizzlies in the finals should we get there. A title is a title.

Exactly. I don't know what the hell happened to the Lakers in this series. But I'm thankful.

Oh God. Tony Allen in Chicago again.

I was at the Memphis game earlier this year and man do crowds hate him.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 8, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
I don't understand how Dallas doesn't come to that guys aid. They just watch him get trucked and don't do anything.

They have big games coming up after they get done punking the Lakers today. You can't afford to get suspended going into the Western Conference finals.

I really wish the internet was as prevalent in the 90's as it is now. I went to Lakersground and there's dozens of fans blaming Phil for getting "outcoached." Are you f***ing serious? He's been to the finals 7 times in 11 years there and won 5 titles. WTF is he supposed to do? They got outplayed. Were we this spoiled during the Jordan era?

Laker fans as a whole are an ungrateful arrogant and moronic fanbase...I was reading a few of their forums and they were viciously attacking Gasol as a p**** and Jackson as a has-been.All the while Kobe gets a free pass because after all, Bryant is the greatest player in NBA history.

That fanbase doesn't deserve that franchise.

I meant to add that just because Gasol was outplayed this series, there's no need to attack him, hey moron Laker fans, you guys sucked even with Kobe before Gasol got there...he only helped your franchise get 2 more NBA titles, ingrates.