2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
That inadvertent whistle was bull s***.

It was very, very odd. Not sure I've seen it before, and it definitely should have been a foul and three shots.

That said, it's not why the Bulls lost. The Bulls lost because their post defense was REALLY bad.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
It was very, very odd. Not sure I've seen it before, and it definitely should have been a foul and three shots.

That said, it's not why the Bulls lost. The Bulls lost because their post defense was REALLY bad.

They probably would have lost regardless, but it was a 6 point game at that point and three free throws would have been incredibly important.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
They probably would have lost regardless, but it was a 6 point game at that point and three free throws would have been incredibly important.

There were several odd calls down the stretch that changed the momentum. All part of having a home crowd though. Finish em in Chicago tues and thurs and call it a day.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)

That call sealed the deal. Bad! Come back to Chicago and clobber 'em!!!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
There were several odd calls down the stretch that changed the momentum. All part of having a home crowd though. Finish em in Chicago tues and thurs and call it a day.

Teague ran Korver over on one of the big layups Atlanta had and it should have been an offensive foul.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Teague ran Korver over on one of the big layups Atlanta had and it should have been an offensive foul.

Yup, bad no call. Charge that Bogans took and then was reversed by Crawford was questionable. All part of the refs getting caught up in the crowd. Its human nature.

Boozer got no touches after he missed his first shot in the start of the 4th. WTF Thibbs?

Thibbs panicked in this game big time. He overplayed Rose and Korver. Korver on Teague was a TERRIBLE idea. The entire Atlanta run started when that matchup came up.

Rose didn't get calls this game, but with the home crowd the way it was, that's expected. He also didn't finish a lot of his layups, something that's probably bound to happen every once in a while. The interior defense sucked. Atlanta played games with Noah, Gibson, and Boozer all game. Josh Smith was like a damn point guard in the paint today.

Bulls need to make adjustments. The Hawks have, now it's our turn to adjust back.

Best out of three series now.

Atlanta would have taken that before start of series.

Bulls have to kick ass at home leading off this best of 3.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Boozer got no touches after he missed his first shot in the start of the 4th. WTF Thibbs?

Thibbs panicked in this game big time. He overplayed Rose and Korver. Korver on Teague was a TERRIBLE idea. The entire Atlanta run started when that matchup came up.

Rose didn't get calls this game, but with the home crowd the way it was, that's expected. He also didn't finish a lot of his layups, something that's probably bound to happen every once in a while. The interior defense sucked. Atlanta played games with Noah, Gibson, and Boozer all game. Josh Smith was like a damn point guard in the paint today.

Bulls need to make adjustments. The Hawks have, now it's our turn to adjust back.

I don't think he panicked. It just didn't work out. You leave rose out there going for the win obviously. It would have been huge being up 3-1 headed home.

Now this series will go 6 or worse 7 games. :( I don't know why the rest of the team didn't show up tonight, if they just expected another game like friday night or what.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
I don't think he panicked. It just didn't work out. You leave rose out there going for the win obviously. It would have been huge being up 3-1 headed home.

Now this series will go 6 or worse 7 games. :( I don't know why the rest of the team didn't show up tonight, if they just expected another game like friday night or what.

I expected this series to go 6, so it's not like I didn't expect the Hawks to put up some sort of a fight.

But with the Bulls having all of the momentum before this game and the fact that they led at the end of 3, seeing them blow this game in the 4th with mental mistakes and bad coaching decisions is frustrating.

Thibs usually never lets Rose play the entire 4th quarter. He is very set with his rotations, as shown with the whole Bogans love. He panicked tonight and his changes were for the worse.