2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 8, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
I expected this series to go 6, so it's not like I didn't expect the Hawks to put up some sort of a fight.

But with the Bulls having all of the momentum before this game and the fact that they led at the end of 3, seeing them blow this game in the 4th with mental mistakes and bad coaching decisions is frustrating.

Thibs usually never lets Rose play the entire 4th quarter. He is very set with his rotations, as shown with the whole Bogans love. He panicked tonight and his changes were for the worse.

Rose was carrying the team at the end of the 3rd. He made the right call keeping the hot hand in. What killed the Bulls was NOTHING coming from the 2-guard spot and bad mental lapses on defense. And horrific officiating.

The Bulls actually got what they needed from Booz tonight, but everybody else was kind of bad (outside of Gibson, but that was in VERY limited minutes). Rose distributed well, but the Bulls can't win if he misses 20 of 32 shots. Not enough offense to make up for that unless Korver gets red hot. The lack of an actual 2 guard hurt the team tonight. I don't get the officiating complaints either. Yes there were a few WWE calls late, but the Bulls shot more free throws in the game and overall got the favorable officiating in the first 3 quarters.

Also, nobody is talking about it, but the fact is that Derrick Rose still isn't a very good defensive player. It's being exposed in these playoffs (has been in both rounds), but is being largely ignored for some reason. At this point, I just hope the Bulls make the conference finals. The fight they've put up all year has been admirable, but they're not good enough to beat Boston or Miami at this point.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
The Bulls actually got what they needed from Booz tonight, but everybody else was kind of bad (outside of Gibson, but that was in VERY limited minutes). Rose distributed well, but the Bulls can't win if he misses 20 of 32 shots. Not enough offense to make up for that unless Korver gets red hot. The lack of an actual 2 guard hurt the team tonight. I don't get the officiating complaints either. Yes there were a few WWE calls late, but the Bulls shot more free throws in the game and overall got the favorable officiating in the first 3 quarters.

Also, nobody is talking about it, but the fact is that Derrick Rose still isn't a very good defensive player. It's being exposed in these playoffs (has been in both rounds), but is being largely ignored for some reason. At this point, I just hope the Bulls make the conference finals. The fight they've put up all year has been admirable, but they're not good enough to beat Boston or Miami at this point.

So because they got favorable officiating for most of the game, it makes it ok to have abysmal officiating in the final 12 minutes?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
So because they got favorable officiating for most of the game, it makes it ok to have abysmal officiating in the final 12 minutes?

The officiating is not why the Bulls lost the game.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 8, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Usually the Bulls half court set has alot of movement creating match-up problems for the opposition. Tonight however, was give Derrick the ball at the top of the key and.. just watch.

It was very Lebron-Cavs like unfortunately. He was hot for a while there, then they tried to get other involved and we couldn't hit a shot. Atlanta's D stepped up and he didn't get any 4th quarter calls. It was a combination of things.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)

No. But it doesn't change the fact that overall, the Bulls got the better of the refs. And that's all you can ask for because it's an NBA game and they're almost all officiated poorly.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Felix @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
The officiating is not why the Bulls lost the game.

I don't even think the inadvertent whistle play was actually a foul. The issue (and it's a major one) is that a whistle was blown, stopping play for no reason. Who knows what happens if the play isn't stopped. I agree though, refs had nothing to do with the loss.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
I don't even think the inadvertent whistle play was actually a foul. The issue (and it's a major one) is that a whistle was blown, stopping play for no reason. Who knows what happens if the play isn't stopped. I agree though, refs had nothing to do with the loss.

O RLY?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6510882

Thats funny, because even Bennett Salvatore thought it was a foul

It wasnt the reason they lost the game, but that was a critical non-call at a critical time, and even the ref that made the non-call admitted he screwed up

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 8, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
Usually the Bulls half court set has alot of movement creating match-up problems for the opposition. Tonight however, was give Derrick the ball at the top of the key and.. just watch.

Especially for the last 6 minutes, this.

DR1 could blow past some poeple for the shot, but there was no spacing and a lot of collapsing on Rose.

You can blame lots of people. None of the SG's could shoot, Deng wasn't scoring, Noah wasn't scoring, Boozer stopped getting plays called for him, but the offensive execution fell apart down the stretch and the defensive intensity, especially on Smith, wasn't there to pick it up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2011 -> 05:24 AM)
O RLY?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6510882

Thats funny, because even Bennett Salvatore thought it was a foul

It wasnt the reason they lost the game, but that was a critical non-call at a critical time, and even the ref that made the non-call admitted he screwed up

I don't think we were going to win that game anyway, but he knew it was a foul when he blew the whistle. Everyone on earth knew it was a foul. He chicken s***ted out.

Hey, Doc, if you wind up in here, how good is the seating in the Hawks arena? There are Tix available in the lower ring on the edges/corners near the baskets and I'm wondering if I should shell out the extra money to move towards the middle of the court.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
I don't think we were going to win that game anyway, but he knew it was a foul when he blew the whistle. Everyone on earth knew it was a foul. He chicken s***ted out.

and that just blew my mind. crawford mauled rose on that shot, and salvatore walked to the scorers table and was EMPHATIC that it was an inadvertant whistle.

oh well, i see the bulls putting a beatdown on the hawks in chicago and closing it out in atl

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
and that just blew my mind. crawford mauled rose on that shot, and salvatore walked to the scorers table and was EMPHATIC that it was an inadvertant whistle.

oh well, i see the bulls putting a beatdown on the bulls in chicago and closing it out in atl

I don't think Crawford "mauled" him, I think there was a lot of contact but Rose generated the contact by jumping towards Crawford.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
I don't think Crawford "mauled" him, I think there was a lot of contact but Rose generated the contact by jumping towards Crawford.

Crawford swiped down across Rose's body with his arm as well as getting his body.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)

It seems like the NBA has not been calling the foul where the defender bites on a fake and jumps in the air, and the offensive player generates contact by recognizing he has the defender in the air and jumping into him. I saw Loul do the same thing earlier and no foul was called.

But what are the odds that he "inadvertently" blows his whistle right at that moment? What a load of bs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)

oh well, i see the bulls putting a beatdown on the bulls in chicago and closing it out in atl

Because of the NBA history here, you really have to wonder about the fix being in.