2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
the new collective bargaining agreement will probably squash those ideas.

lol. Lakersground.net. Oh my god that board is pathetic. They think they can get anybody they want. To hell with reality. Apparently the Magic want Bynum if they have to trade Howard. And the Hornets are salivating over Pau Gasol and will deal Paul for him.

And another thing, Kobe is a class f***ing act. I was watching the highlights again and he congratulated EVERY single Maverick he came across. Since '03, when the Lakers go down, they REALLY go down. They've been blown out of every game. But he always gives the other team props. I respect that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Because of the NBA history here, you really have to wonder about the fix being in.

That's what I thought as soon as it happened. My question is why can't the refs huddle up? If it was a blown call, it was a blown call. Man up and change your call right there on the floor. Don't just make the call, come up with some BS "inadvertent whistle" excuse and continue the game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
and that just blew my mind. crawford mauled rose on that shot, and salvatore walked to the scorers table and was EMPHATIC that it was an inadvertant whistle.

oh well, i see the bulls putting a beatdown on the bulls in chicago and closing it out in atl

what the what!? :gosox4:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 07:49 AM)
Hey, Doc, if you wind up in here, how good is the seating in the Hawks arena? There are Tix available in the lower ring on the edges/corners near the baskets and I'm wondering if I should shell out the extra money to move towards the middle of the court.

Well, not sure if this was directed at me since I did go to Game 3, but it didn't look like there was a bad seat in the house. We were upper deck, mid-court, and we were all glad we sat in the middle rather than the baseline/corner. I think it's worth the extra to sit in the middle... But how much more $ are we talking, and are you looking at the lower or upper bowl?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Well, not sure if this was directed at me since I did go to Game 3, but it didn't look like there was a bad seat in the house. We were upper deck, mid-court, and we were all glad we sat in the middle rather than the baseline/corner. I think it's worth the extra to sit in the middle... But how much more $ are we talking, and are you looking at the lower or upper bowl?

Yeah, meant you, oops.

Anyway, just bought em, $100 a ticket price, I wound up in the back section of the lower bowl, a little bit offset from the middle.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Well, there we are, 2 more red shirts in the crowd for game 6.

Well, looks like I responded a little too late... Where did you end up getting tickets? Like I said, there really didn't seem like a bad seat in the house so I'm sure you'll be good wherever.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Well, looks like I responded a little too late... Where did you end up getting tickets? Like I said, there really didn't seem like a bad seat in the house so I'm sure you'll be good wherever.

The "not a bad seat in the house" is pretty much what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

I was debating whether to shell out an extra $35/ticket to move down even closer, but I decided against it, and I'd have been much more on the sides if I'd done that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Yeah, meant you, oops.

Anyway, just bought em, $100 a ticket price, I wound up in the back section of the lower bowl, a little bit offset from the middle.

Nice. Those are really good seats... I would have spent that much to sit there, but I was with 5 other guys who didn't want to, so that's why we got the $60 upper bowl tix.

Of all the things to hate on LBJ, that he said the word "retarded" is really no big deal in my opinion...Haven't we all been guilty of that?I've used that word and believe me, I'm not thinking of mentally challenged folks nor do I have anything against them.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 9, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Of all the things to hate on LBJ, that he said the word "retarded" is really no big deal in my opinion...Haven't we all been guilty of that?I've used that word and believe me, I'm not thinking of mentally challenged folks nor do I have anything against them.

You arent a public figure. I can point you to several hundred mentally challenged kids that find that word incredibly upsetting to them and their efforts to gain acceptance in our society. if you'd like I will even point you to their fb pages where you can see how much that word hurts them. It's absolutely classless to throw that word around, especially as a public figure.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
You arent a public figure. I can point you to several hundred mentally challenged kids that find that word incredibly upsetting to them and their efforts to gain acceptance in our society. if you'd like I will even point you to their fb pages where you can see how much that word hurts them. It's absolutely classless to throw that word around, especially as a public figure.

Thank you

I dont really care about people using the word retarded the way they do, that's just the way people talk nowadays. But, I loathe LeBron James so I'm not going to pass up this opportunity to call him a classless piece of s***.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 9, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)

Shut up you retard.