2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not, didnt think Boston would choke it away once they started to hit shots. Rondo just couldnt hit a point blank lay up, and now they are going to have to make a shot and stop Lebron who actually is shooting well atm.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
ugh miami has to be pretty big fave to win a championship this year vomit

They maybe the media faves but I think Dallas can beat them, the way the Mavs dismantled the Lakers is way more impressive than the way Miami beat a hobbled old team.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
They maybe the media faves but I think Dallas can beat them, the way the Mavs dismantled the Lakers is way more impressive than the way Miami beat a hobbled old team.

No chance. The Bulls-Heat winner will be the NBA champions.

If only Memphis' guards could have shot a little better they would have pulled that game out.

Have to say that Hollins has out-coached Brooks in this series so far, but OKC have the 2 star quality players who have bailed them out when they've had to for the most part.

Can't wait to watch the replay tonite.

Watching Sportscenter and that's the 5th time in 48 hours I've seen Michael Wilbon mentioning Dwight Howard to the Lakers, may have to start a Wilbongate watch or something.

He's mooting something like Bynum and Odom / Gasol for Dwight.

Frankly we'd have no interest in either Odom or Gasol I'd feel, because of their age, and for Odom's sake, we've got a very similar player (albeit one who's probably worse) in Hedo Turkolglu.

For them to have ANY shot at landing Dwight, they'd have to trade Gasol plus picks plus I dunno Shannon Brown to say Golden State for Stephen Curry or Sacramento for Tyreke Evans. And then trade that guy with Bynum to get Howard.

And I still see Howard going to the Nets to play in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and a high draft pick than going to the Lakers and playing with an aging roster and an aging Kobe Bryant who's past his best.

I just dont think Dwight wants to play on a team that will be second fiddle to the Knicks, I dont think D-Will either. Prokhorov will break the bank to sign whoever he can, but i think he would be better served at this point trying to find a superstar in the draft and building around that superstar

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 10, 2011 -> 05:23 AM)
Watching Sportscenter and that's the 5th time in 48 hours I've seen Michael Wilbon mentioning Dwight Howard to the Lakers, may have to start a Wilbongate watch or something.

He's mooting something like Bynum and Odom / Gasol for Dwight.

Frankly we'd have no interest in either Odom or Gasol I'd feel, because of their age, and for Odom's sake, we've got a very similar player (albeit one who's probably worse) in Hedo Turkolglu.

For them to have ANY shot at landing Dwight, they'd have to trade Gasol plus picks plus I dunno Shannon Brown to say Golden State for Stephen Curry or Sacramento for Tyreke Evans. And then trade that guy with Bynum to get Howard.

And I still see Howard going to the Nets to play in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and a high draft pick than going to the Lakers and playing with an aging roster and an aging Kobe Bryant who's past his best.

I was playing with realgm looking at how Howard would end up in LA. I'm sure I'm screwing someone over, but I came up with a trade that might make sense for these teams.

LA trades:

Pau Gasol

Andrew Bynum

1st round pick

Orlando trades:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

New Jersey trades:

Anthony Morrow

Jordan Farmar

1st round pick

---------

LA receives:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

Jordan Farmar

Orlando receives:

Andrew Bynum

Anthony Morrow

NJ 2012 1st round pick

LA 2012 1st round pick

NJ receives:

Pau Gasol

---------

LA would get Howard, and more athletic at PG

Orlando would get a young big man, solid SG, cap relief, and 1st round picks in a loaded 2012 draft

New Jersey would get a big man for Deron.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
I think you mean Hawks-Heat winner

You're a strange person. You think the Sox are still World Series contenders but think the Bulls have no chance against the Hawks.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
I was playing with realgm looking at how Howard would end up in LA. I'm sure I'm screwing someone over, but I came up with a trade that might make sense for these teams.

LA trades:

Pau Gasol

Andrew Bynum

1st round pick

Orlando trades:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

New Jersey trades:

Anthony Morrow

Jordan Farmar

1st round pick

---------

LA receives:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

Jordan Farmar

Orlando receives:

Andrew Bynum

Anthony Morrow

NJ 2012 1st round pick

LA 2012 1st round pick

NJ receives:

Pau Gasol

---------

LA would get Howard, and more athletic at PG

Orlando would get a young big man, solid SG, cap relief, and 1st round picks in a loaded 2012 draft

New Jersey would get a big man for Deron.

That actually isn't terrible.

The All Defensive Teams were announced last night:

1st Team (total votes):

Dwight Howard 56

Rajon Rondo 39

LeBron James 38

Kobe Bryant 33

Kevin Garnett 33

2nd Team:

Tony Allen 23

Chris Paul 18

Tyson Chandler 17

Andre Iguodala 15

Joakim Noah 15

Rose had the most votes of players who missed with 14; Deng had 11; Bogans had 2

Kobe and Garnett each received their 9th selection, tying Jordan and Gary Payton for most all-time.

NBA.com article