2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)
Which tells me that a very large chunk of those voters simply aren't paying attention.

All defensive teams are not that much different than the Gold Glove awards. Allen and AI easily should've been on the first team. Luol Deng should've made the second team.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
I was playing with realgm looking at how Howard would end up in LA. I'm sure I'm screwing someone over, but I came up with a trade that might make sense for these teams.

LA trades:

Pau Gasol

Andrew Bynum

1st round pick

Orlando trades:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

New Jersey trades:

Anthony Morrow

Jordan Farmar

1st round pick

---------

LA receives:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkoglu

Jordan Farmar

Orlando receives:

Andrew Bynum

Anthony Morrow

NJ 2012 1st round pick

LA 2012 1st round pick

NJ receives:

Pau Gasol

---------

LA would get Howard, and more athletic at PG

Orlando would get a young big man, solid SG, cap relief, and 1st round picks in a loaded 2012 draft

New Jersey would get a big man for Deron.

This is the best and most realistic scenario I've seen. Everybody pretty much comes out a winner. But let's just hope it doesn't happen, anyway. Dwight/Kobe, even Kobe at this stage in his career, would be pretty filthy. I'd love to get Dwight out of the conference. But not to the Lakers.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
The All Defensive Teams were announced last night:

1st Team (total votes):

Dwight Howard 56

Rajon Rondo 39

LeBron James 38

Kobe Bryant 33

Kevin Garnett 33

2nd Team:

Tony Allen 23

Chris Paul 18

Tyson Chandler 17

Andre Iguodala 15

Joakim Noah 15

Rose had the most votes of players who missed with 14; Deng had 11; Bogans had 2

Kobe and Garnett each received their 9th selection, tying Jordan and Gary Payton for most all-time.

NBA.com article

Kobe getting all first team honor is ridiculous. Just about every person who watches basketball knows his defense has been really bad this year. It showed throughout much of the playoffs. His defensive plus and minuses is one of the worst in the league IIRC. Tony Allen has a better defender than Kobe hands down. This is almost as bad as Jeter getting Gold Gloves year in and year out.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
Kobe getting all first team honor is ridiculous. Just about every person who watches basketball knows his defense has been really bad this year. It showed throughout much of the playoffs. His defensive plus and minuses is one of the worst in the league IIRC. Tony Allen has a better defender than Kobe hands down. This is almost as bad as Jeter getting Gold Gloves year in and year out.

Yup. I don't follow hoops the way I do baseball. But the two best perimeter defenders in the game this year were Tony Allen and AI. I say that with confidence. As my friend has the league pass and we watched a ton of games this year. Kobe hasn't been a great defender since like 2003. Not horrible. But not great.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Yup. I don't follow hoops the way I do baseball. But the two best perimeter defenders in the game this year were Tony Allen and AI. I say that with confidence. As my friend has the league pass and we watched a ton of games this year. Kobe hasn't been a great defender since like 2003. Not horrible. But not great.

You really gotta call him AI2.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
You really gotta call him AI2.

LOL, seriously. I kept telling myself, "Didn't Iverson retire this year? How can he be a good defender at this age?" It took me a few seconds to realize who it was.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
LOL, seriously. I kept telling myself, "Didn't Iverson retire this year? How can he be a good defender at this age?" It took me a few seconds to realize who it was.

That got me too, I was like, Allen Iverson???

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
NBA Executive of the Year is Pat Riley...

...and Gar Forman.

They are Co-Executives of the Year.

It should've been D Wade, he's the one who recruited LBJ and his little buddy Bosh.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
Link

Looks like Phil Jackson isn't ready to call it quits and might consider the Knicks HC job...here we go again.

It's the New York Post. Come on, they are one step short of reporting on Elvis being alive.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
But only if Bin Laden turned it down.

I think the Knicks actually want Bin Laden as their starting 2 guard.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
Carlisemo??

Is it odd that I had the same reaction when I first saw "PJ?"