2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
He’s clearly getting progressively healthier as the year goes on. Once he gets in synch with the rest of the team, he’s a guy who can contribute in a major way.

I don't know about a "major way" or not...especially on offense, but supposedly he was quite effective on defense in that run in the 2nd quarter last night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
I don't know about a "major way" or not...especially on offense, but supposedly he was quite effective on defense in that run in the 2nd quarter last night.

Brewer is never going to be an option on the offensive end outside of in transition, but he's an ideal stopper in Thibo's defensive schemes.

Me and a buddy were texting each other during the game, and Brewer was actually impressing us until the 4th quarter, then he just started pressing and was really bad. I agree, he is still getting up to speed. As soon as he does, Bogans is taking a seat at the tip.

It was good to see Korver out there drilling 3s, I thought he was taking the game off for knee soreness

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
You are right about this. Except he didn't turn it on at the end of the game like Brewer. One of them really has to go. I would kill to have Hinrich back.

CJ Watson is nearly a 46% shooting guard and Ronnie Brewer is at 52% both for their careers, a 9 game stretch at a backup role and now one has to go? hahaha wow

Man, some of you guys are over critical of Ronnie. This team doesn't really need much offensive production from the 2 guard spot, as long as him and Bogans are defending, we're fine.

Anyways, Rose is averaging 25 and 9 now, are you f***in kidding me? He's ridiculous

And Korver is shooting 61 percent from 3, if that guy is somewhat open, he just doesn't miss.

This team is really, really good. Once we get Carlos back, we're going to be able to compete with just about anyone in a 7 game series, I'm quite excited.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
Raise your hand if you thought the Bulls would have a better record than the Heat....

I didn't. The Heat and the Lakers were the two teams that I didn't believe the Bulls would be able to compete with. Especially when we get Carlos back, we're going to be able to absolutely murder Miami inside, I'm becoming a believer.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
I didn't. The Heat and the Lakers were the two teams that I didn't believe the Bulls would be able to compete with. Especially when we get Carlos back, we're going to be able to absolutely murder Miami inside, I'm becoming a believer.

If the Bulls can get another shooter by the break then they can match up with anybody.

How can you not like Brad Miller (or Joakim for that matter):

Miller time: Brad Miller's goal against his former team seemed simple enough: Make Joakim Noah laugh "at least 15 times."

"I think that's a pretty reasonable number," Miller said. "Pump fake him and drive around him real slow and try to hit a backdoor pass through his legs."

The popular former Bull probably would have re-signed to maintain his close friendship with Noah if not for the Rockets' three-year, $14.25 million offer in free agency. Miller and Noah shared dinner Monday night.

"I told people down here that (he could be an All-Star) before the season started," Miller said. "They started naming off centers. You got Dwight (Howard). And then you could put him up there.

"We all know he's never going to be a jump shooter. But what I always like about him, even though he's a knucklehead, is he always works his butt off. And he truly cares about winning."