2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noah was so bad. Boozer looked like he was very assertive, which is good. Too bad his shots weren't really going down.

The fact the Bulls pulled this one out with the big men being so bad is very encouraging. Great performances from Rose, Deng, and Bogans.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
He's not shooting that well in the playoffs is he? Because there's no way in hell he can average 16 points a game shooting the way he did for most of this series.

I seriously doubt it from what my eyes have seen, but I haven't looked at the numbers. I was just saying that during the regular season, they were very comparable shooters from distance.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
The funny thing about this is that Josh Smith shot better (albeit by 1%) from 16-23 feet than Rose did this year.

He also had the same eFG from 3 as Rose this year. So really, any Bulls fan making fun of Josh Smith's jump shot...

Josh Smith from 16-23 feet usually has all the time he wants and nobody in his face.

Taj and Boozer both had great games. Noah had an off night, but Rose and those two made up for it. Deng too, he had some struggles earlier but he lit it up.

Meant earlier in the series, Deng was good from the start in this one.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Josh Smith from 16-23 feet usually has all the time he wants and nobody in his face.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
This is true.

Very true. Smith also gets assisted on a lot of his shots from that range, unlike Rose who is generally creating his own shot (which also plays into your point about hands in his face).

Still, it's interesting to look at the perception of both players shots when the reality is there isn't that large a difference in their shots.

Edited by Felix

haha thats what I thought, it was funny when Rose referred to Taj as a kid.

What % is Rose and Josh Smith shooting from mid range this series?

Josh Smith normally shoots better, this series he is shooting horrible.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Felix @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Very true. Smith also gets assisted on a lot of his shots from that range, unlike Rose who is generally creating his own shot (which also plays into your point about hands in his face).

Still, it's interesting to look at the perception of both players shots when the reality is there isn't that large a difference in their shots.

It's also only a one year sample. Look at previous years and you see why there is that "perception". Smith shot 29% on long 2's last year and was between 31 and 34% the three years before that. Rose shot 43% on long 2's his rookie year and 44% last season. That's a pretty huge difference.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
It's also only a one year sample. Look at previous years and you see why there is that "perception". Smith shot 29% on long 2's last year and was between 31 and 34% the three years before that. Rose shot 43% on long 2's his rookie year and 44% last season. That's a pretty huge difference.

Certainly true.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 10, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
The funny thing about this is that Josh Smith shot better (albeit by 1%) from 16-23 feet than Rose did this year.

He also had the same eFG from 3 as Rose this year. So really, any Bulls fan making fun of Josh Smith's jump shot...

Smith's eFG% on jump shots is 42.8%, and 44.1% for Rose.

I don't think teams will ever need to double team Smoove on the perimeter, while Rose faces constant double teams and traps. Rose also have the immense responsibility of creating shots on the perimeter with shot clock winding down.

And please don't even bring up the 3 point shooting story, Rose has more than twice as many makes from 3 than Smith, and if you want the real story, take off the 30 miss 3 point shots from half court or full court heaves Rose took at the end of quarters. Yes. 30.

Bulls and Dallas are the NBA's only hope of keeping hated Miami from winning it all.

Hopefully the Bulls can wrap this up in Atlanta and not have to play a game seven.

I still feel pretty good about Bulls vs. Heat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
Bulls and Dallas are the NBA's only hope of keeping hated Miami from winning it all.

Hopefully the Bulls can wrap this up in Atlanta and not have to play a game seven.

I still feel pretty good about Bulls vs. Heat.

I don't see how you can feel good about Bulls vs. Heat.

The only thing we have going for us is home court.

I don't see how you can feel good about Bulls vs. Heat.

The only thing we have going for us is home court.

I almost am starting to feel like the Heat are a better matchup for the Bulls than Indiana or even horrible Atlanta.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
This is the best and most realistic scenario I've seen. Everybody pretty much comes out a winner. But let's just hope it doesn't happen, anyway. Dwight/Kobe, even Kobe at this stage in his career, would be pretty filthy. I'd love to get Dwight out of the conference. But not to the Lakers.

Yep, that's quite an interesting trade scenario to say the least. If we could buy-out Arenas, suddenly Orlando could actually have some cap room again.

Don't know if Morrow would be enough as a 2nd piece though. But it's something certainly to consider.

Still I think Otis Smith will hold his nerve, and hang onto Dwight until at least the ASB next season, but then a Melo situation is likely to develop.

I mean it's going to be hard for us to get better just because we're so far up cap wise, and we've got some really untradeable contracts, plus J-Rich is likely to leave as a FA. As I've said before, I think we need to get younger at other key positions, and try to bring back players who have success in our system in the past e.g I'd love to get Courtney Lee back with the Magic, because he's exactly the type of glue 2 we need, and he's good friends with Dwight.

Teague is 5/20 from outside the paint this series. Maybe stop going over the screens and make him shoot some. Rose isn't getting any help when he has trouble getting over the picks.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 11, 2011 -> 05:18 AM)
I mean it's going to be hard for us to get better just because we're so far up cap wise, and we've got some really untradeable contracts, plus J-Rich is likely to leave as a FA. As I've said before, I think we need to get younger at other key positions, and try to bring back players who have success in our system in the past e.g I'd love to get Courtney Lee back with the Magic, because he's exactly the type of glue 2 we need, and he's good friends with Dwight.

still gotta remember the new CBA. If something like a franchise tag or a hard cap appears it changes everything.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
Teague is 5/20 from outside the paint this series. Maybe stop going over the screens and make him shoot some. Rose isn't getting any help when he has trouble getting over the picks.

Gibson and Asik took care of that in the 4th