2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 11, 2011 -> 12:59 AM)
I almost am starting to feel like the Heat are a better matchup for the Bulls than Indiana or even horrible Atlanta.

The Bulls are going to have some scoring issues, like they have in this series, because they aren't going to be able to put Korver on the floor at all. Other than that, they should match up pretty well.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
The Bulls are going to have some scoring issues, like they have in this series, because they aren't going to be able to put Korver on the floor at all. Other than that, they should match up pretty well.

If the Bulls could somehow get Bogans to do waht he did in the first Q yesterday, that'd cover it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
If the Bulls could somehow get Bogans to do waht he did in the first Q yesterday, that'd cover it.

He has seemingly settle into his role more in the second half of the season with the Bulls, but I am not counting on him to do that every night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Here's a random question. Where does that money go? NBA Charities?

Well, most of it is salary he is getting docked. So I assume the team will donate it? I doubt they just keep it.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 11, 2011 -> 12:59 AM)
I almost am starting to feel like the Heat are a better matchup for the Bulls than Indiana or even horrible Atlanta.

lol. Um, I don't think so. The Heat will present more difficult obstacles than the Pacers/Hawks combined. Their athleticism at the 2, 3 and 4 is unparalleled. Bosh is exactly the type of PF that's clowned Boozer in the past. For the first time, Rose will not be the unquestioned best player on the court. s***, he might not even be the second best player on the court.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
lol. Um, I don't think so. The Heat will present more difficult obstacles than the Pacers/Hawks combined. Their athleticism at the 2, 3 and 4 is unparalleled. Bosh is exactly the type of PF that's clowned Boozer in the past. For the first time, Rose will not be the unquestioned best player on the court. s***, he might not even be the second best player on the court.

Yeah, and he clearly clowned Boozer over the course of 3 games during the regular season this year to the tune of 34% shooting, averaging 15 points, 6 boards, and a block.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
Yeah, and he clearly clowned Boozer over the course of 3 games during the regular season this year to the tune of 34% shooting, averaging 15 points, 6 boards, and a block.

I'd expect Noah and Taj to get most of Bosh.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)

Do you really believe that 1/18 game was Boozer's D? 3 games scattered over the course of a 6 month regular season is not the same as a 7-game series. Boozer on Bosh is a bad matchup. Taj is definitely going to have to get some more run.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
Do you really believe that 1/18 game was Boozer's D? 3 games scattered over the course of a 6 month regular season is not the same as a 7-game series. Boozer on Bosh is a bad matchup. Taj is definitely going to have to get some more run.

Dude, no I don't. Your point was that he'll "clown Boozer", when the Bulls d'd him up quite well and clearly didn't let Boozer cover him. My point was that your point was invalid due to Boozer's defense on Bosh not mattering.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
Dude, no I don't. Your point was that he'll "clown Boozer", when the Bulls d'd him up quite well and clearly didn't let Boozer cover him. My point was that your point was invalid due to Boozer's defense on Bosh not mattering.

I'll take the 2008/2009/2010 playoffs vs the Lakers over your 3-game regular season rebuttal. Quickness and length has always bothered Boozer.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
yes. This is what happens.

Which is good and bad. Taj is a much better defender than Boozer. But he's a much lesser threat to score the ball. This is what I mean by the matchup problems the Heat create. You have a similar problem at the 2-guard. You got one guy who's a great shooter and bad defender. Another guy who's a good defender and not much of a scorer. This obviously hasn't been an issue to this point. But it more than likely will be next series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
Which is good and bad. Taj is a much better defender than Boozer. But he's a much lesser threat to score the ball. This is what I mean by the matchup problems the Heat create. You have a similar problem at the 2-guard. You got one guy who's a great shooter and bad defender. Another guy who's a good defender and not much of a scorer. This obviously hasn't been an issue to this point. But it more than likely will be next series.

Whatever other big man is on the court with Boozer is most likely going to take Bosh a majority of the time so as good of a player as he is, he's really not creating a matchup problem against anyone.

And the Bulls have dealt with the 2 guard issues all season, it doesn't matter if we're facing the Heat or the Cavs, everyone knows the off guard is the weak link on the this team.

That being said, to say the Bulls matchup better with the Heat compared to the Pacers or Hawks is obviously crazy talk. It'll be a fun series, one I fully expect to go 7 and for the winner to take home the NBA Championship as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
And that's fine. I'm not saying the Bulls can't win. But Duke said the Heat might be a better matchup than the Pacers and Hawks. Are you serious? GMAB.

Yeah I must say that is not going to be the case.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
...everyone knows the off guard is the weak link on the this team

So how does our cap space look for next year? Any free agents we might target to fill that hole?

Disclaimer: Didn't follow the team all too much throughout the season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Whatever other big man is on the court with Boozer is most likely going to take Bosh a majority of the time so as good of a player as he is, he's really not creating a matchup problem against anyone.

And the Bulls have dealt with the 2 guard issues all season, it doesn't matter if we're facing the Heat or the Cavs, everyone knows the off guard is the weak link on the this team

But we didn't play the Heat 82 times. Chances our if we did we don't win 62 games. I'm talking a best of 7 conference finals. Forget about the regular season. I know we went 3-0 against them. Great. But this will be BY FAR the Bulls' biggest challenge. I'm 50-50. The Bulls fans in me wants to say Bulls in 7. The NBA fan in me thinks that 9 times out of 10 star power wins out. So we shall see. I'm lookin' forward to it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
I'll take the 2008/2009/2010 playoffs vs the Lakers over your 3-game regular season rebuttal. Quickness and length has always bothered Boozer.

Go for it, but one set of games directly reflects the situation you refer to, while the other does not. The Lakers have nothing to do with this year's Heat team.