2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Someday a game will occur and nobody blames the refs. Please. The Heat star power shined in this one. Like most every other game. It wasn't the refs.

I disagree with damn near everything you have said for the last 2 weeks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
And I don't give a s***. The ref hating is getting ridiculous. Can 24 hours go by without somebody blaming the refs? Bulls, Bears, Illini. Stupid.

It was the complete ineptitude of the Celtics at the end of this game that lost it for them but the calls that Lebron and Wade get from the refs are pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
And I don't give a s***. The ref hating is getting ridiculous. Can 24 hours go by without somebody blaming the refs? Bulls, Bears, Illini. Stupid.

I never said a word about the referees in today's game.

FYI, the Heat scored 99, 102, 81, 98 and 97 against Boston in those 5 games. If the Bulls stay our of foul trouble (which will be VERY hard) and play solid, consistent defense, they can win that series.

If the Bulls win anything this year, it'll be because of defense.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Someday a game will occur and nobody blames the refs. Please. The Heat star power shined in this one. Like most every other game. It wasn't the refs.

The refs kept Miami in this game. Boston shoots 50% and still loses by 10! I guess getting outshot at the stripe by 18 will do that to you.

Its not like Boston was settling for jumpers all night. They were driving the lane frequently and couldnt buy a FT attempt. Hell, Juwan Howard had more FT attemps in 19 minutes than Pierce,Rondo,Allen, O'Neal, Green and Davis combined. Then the refs call an offensive foul on West in the final minute on a play that is never called an offensive foul. Wade got that call to go his way with minimal contact in the second quarter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. he didn't quit this time. He has help now. Rose can at best hope to equal James. Then you got Wade and Bosh to worry about. This is what I'm talking about. Star power wins out 9 times out of 10.

LOL

You think he has help now?

What he did was akin to Jordan leaving the Bulls because he couldn't beat Detroit and joining Magic and the Lakers, total b**** move.

BTW, I don't think we'll beat the Heat because of a lot factors but I hope to God I'm wrong and we bury those 3 assholes.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
It was the complete ineptitude of the Celtics at the end of this game that lost it for them but the calls that Lebron and Wade get from the refs are pretty ridiculous.

This

Wade totally jumped in Kristic in the 4th and he was bailed out among others, it was blatant.Still the C's gave the game away with their horrible play at the end.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
I wasn't talking about you. But can a game go by in which the refs aren't brought up? What do you think non-Bulls fans say about Rose?

Nothing really because he isnt hated like James is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I wasn't talking about you. But can a game go by in which the refs aren't brought up? What do you think non-Bulls fans say about Rose?

Come on J4L, Rose gets mauled frequently without ghetting the benefit of the call by the refs, have you seen any Bulls games?

You breathe on Wade and LBJ and it's called a foul.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)

Come on J4L, Rose gets mauled frequently without ghetting the benefit of the call by the refs, have you seen any Bulls games?

You breathe on Wade and LBJ and it's called a foul.

Predict Mavs over Lakers....Check

Predict Heat over Celtics in 5...Check

Predict Bulls over Hawks....Hopefully Soon

Predict OKC over Memphis.....TBD

And I don't agree with those saying Boston choked. Boston was clearly the worst team in this series. People are busy blowing them after they beat the s***ty Knicks and it wasn't deserved. Boston sucked as the season dragged on and approached the end as there best players continued to age and fatigue. They are still obviously a good team, but they weren't going to win anything this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 03:34 AM)

Rose gets the least calls of any superstar i've ever seen. He never gets the fouls that occur on his drives and will only get fouls on the shot if he's hacked. Wade gets a foul every time he drives.

Nothing made me happier this series then seeing Big Baby Davis play terribly, there's a career bench player for you right there.

To put it simply, the big trade that Boston made probably cost them this series. Green and Kristic really didn't do anything at all, and you'd have to think with Perkins in there, defensively they would be have been better, and the series would have gone to 6 or 7.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 12, 2011 -> 04:09 AM)
Nothing made me happier this series then seeing Big Baby Davis play terribly, there's a career bench player for you right there.

To put it simply, the big trade that Boston made probably cost them this series. Green and Kristic really didn't do anything at all, and you'd have to think with Perkins in there, defensively they would be have been better, and the series would have gone to 6 or 7.

The Perkins trade was a bad one. But not the difference between the Celtics losing in 5 and possibly winning the series, IMO. Miami was just the better team. Younger, more skilled and infinitely more athletic.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 12, 2011 -> 05:09 AM)

The other problem with the deal is that Jeff Green isn't a very good basketball player.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
When Im using the term "choke" Im not talking about the series, I think over the series Miami was going to win. I definitely think Boston choked away a chance to at least take the series to 6 games.

That's how I am using it. They failed the sphincter text big time in that game.