2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Do you think he is?

At least one of the bonehead turnovers yesterday was on him, IIRC.

You're opinion on him is based on one play? I've seen Derrick Rose make lots of boneheaded turnovers.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
You're opinion on him is based on one play? I've seen Derrick Rose make lots of boneheaded turnovers.

No, just using that as an example.

What positive did Jeff Green bring to the Celtics in this series? Or since he arrived? 8 points and 5 rebounds in 24 minutes (for this series) is worse than what the Bulls get from Taj Gibson. He doesn't shoot well, he doesn't get a lot of rebounds, and I've seen no one considering him a solid defender.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:35 AM)
Do you think he is?

At least one of the bonehead turnovers yesterday was on him, IIRC.

I wasn't referring to Green. I was referring to your comment in the "____ is just not a good ____ball player" format...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
um, ok. Didn't realize that was a problem.

It's just something that's been very prevalent around here lately. Oh, he's not a good basketball player? Because I was more concerned with his cooking skills as opposed to his skills in the sport he plays professionally...

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
It's just something that's been very prevalent around here lately. Oh, he's not a good basketball player? Because I was more concerned with his cooking skills as opposed to his skills in the sport he plays professionally...

+ infinity

Its soxtalk's version "first"

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)

iamshack is not a good message board poster

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
The Bulls need to get there first. Focus on the Hawks.

Yeah, wtf, why is everyone just talking about Bulls/Heat. I'll happily chat about that later tonight if we beat the f***ing Hawks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
Gage did you watch the last 5 minutes? Epic Boston choke

I watched the last 5 minutes and most of the 2nd half. You guys are acting like they blew a huge lead. I saw Lebron hit a couple huge, tough shots to help seal the deal. I didn't see Boston match that intensity and you know why, because they were out of gas and weren't the better team.

You could point to them not making the necessary plays to win close games late or you could point to the fact that Miami did make the plays necessary to win the games.

For example, Game 4 of the Bulls series....The Bulls didn't really choke...Atlanta just kicked the s*** out of us in that 4th quarter. What more is there to say.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:42 AM)
No, just using that as an example.

What positive did Jeff Green bring to the Celtics in this series? Or since he arrived? 8 points and 5 rebounds in 24 minutes (for this series) is worse than what the Bulls get from Taj Gibson. He doesn't shoot well, he doesn't get a lot of rebounds, and I've seen no one considering him a solid defender.

Taj has been one of our best players this post-season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
I watched the last 5 minutes. You guys are acting like they blew a 10 point lead. I saw Lebron hit a couple huge, tough shots to help seal the deal.

They were horrible in the 4th quarter. They were completely outclassed and beaten down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
They were horrible in the 4th quarter. They were completely outclassed and beaten down.

And an outclassed team to me isn't a team that "choked". That is a team that wasn't as good as the team they played, which I thought was pretty evident the entire series. Miami was the superior team and it really wasn't that close, imo.

If they had a healthy Rondo that could have changed things, but they didn't and they had no business extending this series any longer.

I also fully believe the Bulls would have kicked Boston's ass too. Probably in 6 games.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
And an outclassed team to me isn't a team that "choked". That is a team that wasn't as good as the team they played, which I thought was pretty evident the entire series. Miami was the superior team and it really wasn't that close, imo.

If they had a healthy Rondo that could have changed things, but they didn't and they had no business extending this series any longer.

I also fully believe the Bulls would have kicked Boston's ass too. Probably in 6 games.

They scored 14 points and missed multiple times at the rim in the 4th quarter when the game was still on the line. They completely choked. It wasn't like it was bad luck or something.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
boston didn't also didn't have rondo b/c wade mauled him and dislocated his elbow.

I think that is the sissy argument. Wade's tessle with Rondo wasn't that bad. Its just physical postseason play.

And when you have guys like Neni Kristic getting significant minutes you have problems anyway. When him and Delonte struggle I'm not going to be surprised.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/lo...0,1024051.story

A sportscaster for NBC 5 Chicago was found dead in a hotel room this morning in Atlanta.

Daryl Hawks was covering the NBA playoff game between the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks, in Atlanta.

The Fulton County medical examiner's office said that Daryl Hawks was pronounced dead at 11:48 a.m. at Emory University Medical Center. Further information wasn't immediately available.

His body was discovered after he did not appear for the Bulls' morning shootaround.

Wonder what happened. I don't watch NBC, but I've seen the guy a few times flipping through channels. RIP

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
The 2011 All NBA Teams, per Rotoworld:

1st: Durant, LeBron, Howard, Rose, Kobe

2nd: Westbrook, Wade, Dirk, P. Gasol, Stoudamire

3rd: Paul, Ginobili, Randolph, Aldridge, Horford

lol@Kobe on the first team over Wade. Other than that, everything else is pretty good there.