2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Watching us on offense, one thing I'm not concerned about is our coaching. Thibbs is legit.

Yep, definitely better than last season. It will be very interesting to see how they incorporate Boozer into the offense. I really hope he doesn't become the focal point.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
Yep, definitely better than last season. It will be very interesting to see how they incorporate Boozer into the offense. I really hope he doesn't become the focal point.

Boozer will be a huge part of the offense and the two man game they will run at times will be beautiful. However, Deng should still flourish because this team just does a beautiful job of running a motion, pick based offense. I've really enjoyed watching them play and they should get much much better with Boozer back and just more playing time (to gel).

And with bigs we are deep. Asik looks like a future defensive stopper off the bench and than we know what we got in Noah/Taj/Booz. Gotta love that depth. Plus a vet like Kurt Thomas if someone goes down.

Deng seems to be a lot more active this year. So glad to have Del Negro out of here.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
Korver, Watson, Rose, Deng (small sample size this year) are all better FT shooter than Noah. Noah is a career 70.7 percent FT shooter. Noah's probably my favorite player on the Bulls, and loved the pick when he was drafted, but he should be the last resort in that situation and just made the observation that it seems like we're not efficient enough with our inbounds plays (a common theme in some of the Bulls games this year).

I love when people quote career numbers when there's clearly a trend of improving performance as a guy's career has gone on. It works about as well as Bill Gates and I sitting in a room and me declaring "on average, everyone in here is a multi-billionaire!"

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
It's not crunch time, it's when you're up 2 with 10 seconds left and you need to ice the game. So yes, you put your best FT shooter on the floor (especially when you know the opposition will call a timeout after the FT to allow you to put defensive players in the game). And come on, Noah is .7 percentage points better than Deng so far, and Deng historically is above 75% while Noah is around 71%.

So who is on the floor instead of Watson at that point?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
So who is on the floor instead of Watson at that point?

I didn't see him on the court against Houston in that situation. It should be Rose, Watson, Korver, Deng, and Noah, with Noah as the last option to get the ball in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
I love when people quote career numbers when there's clearly a trend of improving performance as a guy's career has gone on. It works about as well as Bill Gates and I sitting in a room and me declaring "on average, everyone in here is a multi-billionaire!"

69-67-74-72...seems like someone you would project to be around the percentage he's shooting right now. If you're going to suggest he's going to shoot in the high 70s, then we'll have ourselves a superstar.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Watching us on offense, one thing I'm not concerned about is our coaching. Thibbs is legit.

It makes me angry that every fan, every columnist, every expert, every single f***ing person on this planet knew that Vinny Del Negro was a horrendous candidate and possible hire for the job... except for John Paxson and Jerry Reinsdorf.

There was no gameplan. It was f***ing inexcusable.

So yeah, Thibbs is a quality NBA head coach, and I'm happy that Derrick Rose is being let off the leash and Thibbs knows what he's working with...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
It makes me angry that every fan, every columnist, every expert, every single f***ing person on this planet knew that Vinny Del Negro was a horrendous candidate and possible hire for the job... except for John Paxson and Jerry Reinsdorf.

And the Clippers...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)

There was no gameplan. It was f***ing inexcusable.

So yeah, Thibbs is a quality NBA head coach, and I'm happy that Derrick Rose is being let off the leash and Thibbs knows what he's working with...

The Bulls were taking a chance on a charasmatic guy who was a well respected player. They even admitted it during press conferences and they were hoping his personality and fresh stance and communication skills would work while he learned to coach. That is part of why he got the short term deal for a 1st year head coach.

It didn't work but I can't blame them for what they tried. And Del Negro did do some good things giving the younger players more leeway. However, he just wasn't a good coach and the assistants we brought in I think new it and it caused a lot of issues because Del Negro wouldn't call sets and they wanted to call sets.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
The Bulls were taking a chance on a charasmatic guy who was a well respected player who was cheap. They even admitted it during press conferences and they were hoping his personality and fresh stance and communication skills would work while he learned to coach. That is part of why he got the short term deal for a 1st year head coach.

It didn't work but I can't blame them for what they tried. And Del Negro did do some good things giving the younger players more leeway. However, he just wasn't a good coach and the assistants we brought in I think new it and it caused a lot of issues because Del Negro wouldn't call sets and they wanted to call sets.

Added the key part for you there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Yet still not who should be shooting your team's FTs at the end of the game IF you can avoid it. On the other hand, Brewer looks much better now than he did a few weeks ago.

You make Noah sound as bad as Dwight Howard from the FT line.

Are we thinking other teams are going to go into Hack a Noah mode now or something?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
You make Noah sound as bad as Dwight Howard from the FT line.

Are we thinking other teams are going to go into Hack a Noah mode now or something?

That'd be fantastic. Not going to happen with a 70+ ft shooter but I'd be all for it!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Its crazy watching Tyson Chandler and realizing that Joakim Noah is pretty much already everything that they wanted from Chandler.

Noah is much more complete than I hoped Chandler would be. Noah is the defender/rebounder I hoped Chandler was becoming, but he's so much more effective on offense already.

Chandler fits well on a team loaded with other scorers. Guys like Nowitzki and Kidd and such, who can generate offense.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 12:29 AM)
Taj Gibson with a monster game...big win for da Bullies :headbang

The only thing that's going to suck about Boozer coming back is that it's going to cut into Taj's playing time. Kid is a beast, very underrated.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
The only thing that's going to suck about Boozer coming back is that it's going to cut into Taj's playing time. Kid is a beast, very underrated.

Except Boozer is a much better player than Taj. With them splitting time and occasionally on the court together the Bulls are a MUCH stronger team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 12:59 AM)
Except Boozer is a much better player than Taj. With them splitting time and occasionally on the court together the Bulls are a MUCH stronger team.

Well obviously. I just feel really good about Taj now. He's come a long way pretty fast.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Carbon copy of the Spurs game going on in the Bulls game.

Dont know what you were seeing. Dallas never made a run near as good as the Spurs did in the 3rd quarter. The Bulls kept it within striking distance and then pounced in the end of the 3rd thru the 4th