2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
lol

The bandwagon?

Im saying if we want to say Rose is the best player in the world and not get ridiculed, Rose needs to play like it. Not saying he wont, just thats what he needs to do. Plays like that are what he needs to do.

Im not sure what the problem is with saying that Rose needs to take over when the offense struggles

You said "superstar", you didn't say Jordan part deux. Where was that exact post after game 1 about LeBron and Wade?

You like to pull s*** out your ass to start fights. You have no argument. MVP = superstar. It's one f***ing game.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:07 AM)
I don't like to get out coaches a ton, but I put a lot of this on Thibs. Why the f*** did he stay with Korver for so long in the 4th when he provided NOTHING, and hasn't since round 1?

Yep, Brewer is a much better fit vs the Heat. Thing is, with the Bulls babying Boozer now, if Rose and Deng don't show up, they're not going to win. Boozer not even being trusted in the 4th quarter reminds me so much of the Swisher Sox era.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
I don't like to get out coaches a ton, but I put a lot of this on Thibs. Why the f*** did he stay with Korver for so long in the 4th when he provided NOTHING, and hasn't since round 1?

Who else would even be willing go take a shot? Everything else has been deng or rose trying to force something with no ball movement.

I meant superstar as in some one who will deliver championships.

And im not even saying that it matters if the Bulls lose 4-1 this series, Rose has progressed far faster than I believe anyone can imagine.

Basically like MJ he will need to develop a more consistent jump shot to really take his game to the next level.

Im not sure whats so controversial about this statement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Who else would even be willing go take a shot? Everything else has been deng or rose trying to force something with no ball movement.

At that point, Bogans has to play. I really hate to question Thibs because he's been so damn good this year but when Korver can't make a damn thing all we're doing is giving the Heat mismatches to play into. You have to make the necessary adjustment there and we just kept riding Korver and Miami took advantage.

Overall that's just a terrible game. I never thought this series was going to be easy but it's still frustrating as f*** to lose a game like this.

Bulls shot 34%. No matter how good your defense is, you won't win shooting 34%. And that wasn't all of Miami's defense. That was the Bulls missing open shot after open shot.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
I meant superstar as in some one who will deliver championships.

And im not even saying that it matters if the Bulls lose 4-1 this series, Rose has progressed far faster than I believe anyone can imagine.

Basically like MJ he will need to develop a more consistent jump shot to really take his game to the next level.

Im not sure whats so controversial about this statement.

So you are saying your statement was silly and pointless? I'm glad we agree.

Go Bulls. They won't shoot 34% again.

lol

The bandwagon?

Im saying if we want to say Rose is the best player in the world and not get ridiculed, Rose needs to play like it. Not saying he wont, just thats what he needs to do. Plays like that are what he needs to do.

Im not sure what the problem is with saying that Rose needs to take over when the offense struggles

Well you can take LeBron and Wade out of that category as well for their performances in game 1. Hell, we have no superstars left in this league if that's your criteria.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:12 AM)
Then put someone in who can at least attempt to defend. It's not that you aren't getting any offense from Korver that bothers me. It's the fact that everyone else now has to play help defense around him because he can't defend Mike Bibby...............

Bulls needs to treat Bibby and Mike Miller as if they were guarding TJ Ford. If they make shots, then good for them. However, they need to stop jumping out to guard them while leaving Haslem or Bosh wide open.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Miami did what they needed to do and take a game in Chicago, but if you were a Heat fan, would you even feel that good after this one? The Bulls were TERRIBLE from the field all night, as well as the FT line, and it was a 3 point game with 2 minutes left.

Uh, yes. The Heat got to loose balls and played with energy. The Bulls don't shoot well and that isn't really going to change against a good defensive team. If they don't get second chances, they will lose. They will shoot better I hope.

The free throws are another story of course.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
If Rose is a superstar he needs to hit jump shots down the stretch.

Thats the truth.

lol

The bandwagon?

I read this as you saying that if Rose wants to be the best, he needs to develop a more consistent outside shot. This isn't anything new, and I certainly agree with the assessment and don't think that anyone would disagree.

That being said, he had a bad game. Great players have bad games. s*** happens, you move on and try to do better the next game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Dude, I think you're a good poster. And I'm probably the second most pessimistic poster here. But it's pretty clear you want the Bulls to lose.

I think his agenda was pretty obvious when he posted for the first quarter of the first game but didn't post the rest of the game.

That was a plain old f***ing chokejob... geez. They tighten up on D to tie the game and Rose has his head up his ass driving into a packed lane and getting stripped (the f*** you think was going to happen) and Korver missing a wide open three that would've taken the lead (if he can't do that what the f*** is he good for?). Ugh.

Haslem brought a dimension to the Heat I haven't seen all year. Normally, they just fold and melt down when the D tightens up in the 4th but his s*** was coming out of nowhere and I don't think Thibodeau was ready for that. They still had energy to play tight D in crunch time. Usually they don't.

BTW, Rose was terrible tonight, like this is the most frustrated I can remember being with him so I'm not trying to defend his performance whatsoever but you just have some odd criteria there, badger.

Like I said, I absolutely knew this was going to be a long and difficult series so I'm not sure why I'm letting myself get so worked up over 1 awful game but this one is really bothering me for some reason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
Dude, I think you're a good poster. And I'm probably the second most pessimistic poster here. But it's pretty clear you want the Bulls to lose.

LOL, this is nothing. Browse back and look at his Game 1 comments. It's obvious he wants them to lose, he just hid it more effectively this game.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Felix,

Exactly.

It just seems like if you even suggest Rose is anything less than perfect that your a bandwagon fan.

And this is why I'm apparently one of the biggest Bulls haters around (outside of Real) :P