2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
I think his agenda was pretty obvious when he posted for the first quarter of the first game but didn't post the rest of the game.

Can't he get banned or something. Easily the most annoying anti Chicago person on this site.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one who complains about officiating, and it wasn't making them brick all those shots and did not make Rose have one of his worst games in recent memory, and I'm aware that every message board on the internet is filled with people b****ing about it from the losing team, but the officiating in the first 2 1/2 quarters was f***ing wretched.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
BTW, Rose was terrible tonight, like this is the most frustrated I can remember being with him so I'm not trying to defend his performance whatsoever but you just have some odd criteria there, badger.

Like I said, I absolutely knew this was going to be a long and difficult series so I'm not sure why I'm letting myself get so worked up over 1 awful game but this one is really bothering me for some reason.

It's because of Rose that you, myself, and everyone else feels bothered. He wasn't even attempting to drive to the basket, and seemed content with throwing up some ugly shots throughout the game (especially in the 4th).

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
It's because of Rose that you, myself, and everyone else feels bothered. He wasn't even attempting to drive to the basket, and seemed content with throwing up some ugly shots throughout the game (especially in the 4th).

The one time he did drive to the basket he ran straight into like 3 guys and turned it over. That hurt.

Something might be wrong with Rose's ankle. For the first time since early in the Atlanta series, I saw that he favored his ankle a bit after he got knocked down late in the game. He missed so many layups inside. It just didn't seem like he was playing like the guy in the past 3-4 games from a physical standpoint.

I seriously hope that's not the case, we can't have a injured Rose playing for the rest of this series and expect to win.

Rose just isnt a finished product and if he doesnt come up with a win this year, its okay. The Bulls are putting a lot of weight on his shoulders and other players need to step up and hit shots. The Bulls didnt lose because of Rose, the Bulls lost because Korver is supposed to be a good shooter and he was 1-7, Deng was 1-7 from 3.

Rose just needs guys to make the shots they are paid to make, because Rose is putting them in the position to do it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Felix,

Exactly.

It just seems like if you even suggest Rose is anything less than perfect that your a bandwagon fan.

You clearly typed that because of this game, Rose isn't a superstar.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Rose just isnt a finished product and if he doesnt come up with a win this year, its okay. The Bulls are putting a lot of weight on his shoulders and other players need to step up and hit shots. The Bulls didnt lose because of Rose, the Bulls lost because Korver is supposed to be a good shooter and he was 1-7, Deng was 1-7 from 3.

Rose just needs guys to make the shots they are paid to make, because Rose is putting them in the position to do it.

I think a lot of this is just the fact that the Bulls really don't have a second offensive option. The load is always on Rose's shoulders, which is going to wear you down through the course of a postseason.

I remember seeing something during the Indiana/Atlanta that his usage rate was in pretty rare company during the postseason. That has to wear you down after awhile.

Bulls shot 34%, took 14 more shots than the heat and were about 20% worse on their ft shooting compared to their average. And yet, they were still tied with 4 min or so to go. That's why this game stunk....it was a game they let slip away. I feel like Miami played it's best game and the bulls played one of their worst

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
No I typed it because when I watch Rose shoot, his shot does not instill confidence in me.

He just needs to keep working and get more arc on it because it just seems way to flat.

He just won f***ing MVP. He doesn't need to be a finished product to be a superstar. You cannot win MVP in the NBA without being a superstar. You are wrong.

The entire world knows you won't admit that a statement you made was incorrect, but when you brought into doubt Derrick Road being a superstar bc of this game, you were dead wrong.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
I think a lot of this is just the fact that the Bulls really don't have a second offensive option. The load is always on Rose's shoulders, which is going to wear you down through the course of a postseason.

I remember seeing something during the Indiana/Atlanta that his usage rate was in pretty rare company during the postseason. That has to wear you down after awhile.

He didn't really look that physically worn down to me until near the end... his head was just lodged firmly in his asshole, like what happens to Westbrook sometimes.

Not only that but he was inexplicably guarding Wade which meant that he was expending a ton of energy on defense. In the last few series I felt that Korver was a key, but right now the guy is just messing up the entire defensive flow. And the Bulls arent going to out offense Miami, so they might as well play great defensive match ups and hope that Brewer/Bogans can make open shots, because while you have to imagine Korver getting super hot and the stats evening out, but right now hes just cold.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
He just won f***ing MVP. He doesn't need to be a finished product to be a superstar. You cannot win MVP in the NBA without being a superstar. You are wrong.

The entire world knows you won't admit that a statement you made was incorrect, but when you brought into doubt Derrick Road being a superstar bc of this game, you were dead wrong.

Now you're just arguing semantics. The gist of SB's post was that Rose isn't perfect. Everyone knows this. Why are you still poking away?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
Not only that but he was inexplicably guarding Wade which meant that he was expending a ton of energy on defense. In the last few series I felt that Korver was a key, but right now the guy is just messing up the entire defensive flow. And the Bulls arent going to out offense Miami, so they might as well play great defensive match ups and hope that Brewer/Bogans can make open shots, because while you have to imagine Korver getting super hot and the stats evening out, but right now hes just cold.

Thibodeau had Gibson and Asik in the game for defensive purposes and wanted offense which is why he had Korver, but Korver did absolutely nothing in the second half. I still think Bogans should've been in, he can still hit threes and defend Wade at the same time

Steve it was just a comment hoping that Rose would make a bunch of shots and win the game. Superstar was clearly hyperbole. Everyone knows Rose is a superstar, he won the MVP, hes an All-Star, etc etc. The point was more if he wants to be the best player in basketball.

I really didnt think that it was so necessary to explain because if you have read the other hundred posts in this thread where I have supported the Bulls and Rose, it should be clear what I meant. But hey if you want to argue over a literal reading of a post, feel free. It seems like a pretty big waste of time to me because Id rather discuss how the Bulls can win game 3 and the changes that need to be made.

If only.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Now you're just arguing semantics. The gist of SB's post was that Rose isn't perfect. Everyone knows this. Why are you still poking away?

Wow. Genius. He said Rose isn't a superstar which was some dumbass s***. Clearly everyone knows he isn't perfect. His faults are pointed out ad nauseum. He was terrible tonight.

That doesn't make him not a superstar however. I like how you get upset with ME bc I'm arguing w a lawyer over semantics. That's rich.

Edited by Steve9347

lost,

I agree completely, the key on defense against Miami has been that Brewer/Bogans/ can guard both Lebron and Wade (obviously bogans on lebron isnt as ideal but its not like Lebron on Korver). As soon as Korver is out there, Lebron/Wade understand how to pick so that Rose/Deng are forced to switch or try and hedge on Lebron/Wade, that really just cant be your defensive strategy. When Deng/Brewer/Bogans can switch, it just turns the pick into more iso. At one point Lebron actually waived off a pick from Anthony because he realized all it did was bring Taj over to double team.

The other problem is that because the Bulls shot so well from behind the 3 point arc the first game, they fell in love with shooting it tonight. 3/20 just isnt a great night.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
No I typed it because when I watch Rose shoot, his shot does not instill confidence in me.

He just needs to keep working and get more arc on it because it just seems way to flat.

You can always tell how well he's going to shoot for the whole game from the first three pointer he takes. If it's flat he is not going to have his jumper.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
Wow. Genius. He said Rose isn't a superstar which was some dumbass s***. Clearly everyone knows he isn't perfect. His faults are pointed out ad nauseum. He was terrible tonight.

That doesn't make him not a superstar however. I like how you get upset with ME bc I'm arguing w a lawyer over semantics. That's rich.

No, I'm "upset" (not at all, really) with you because you clearly missed the point of his initial post, and then decided to make a big deal of it. I mean s***, maybe if the initial post was made by someone with a well documented history in this thread of bashing the Bulls and discrediting any success Rose has had, then I could understand it. But as is, it sounds as if you're just really pissed off that Rose (and the Bulls) played poorly tonight and want to b**** someone out to prove you're smarter. Congrats. You're right. Rose is a superstar. You're the best!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
lost,

I agree completely, the key on defense against Miami has been that Brewer/Bogans/ can guard both Lebron and Wade (obviously bogans on lebron isnt as ideal but its not like Lebron on Korver). As soon as Korver is out there, Lebron/Wade understand how to pick so that Rose/Deng are forced to switch or try and hedge on Lebron/Wade, that really just cant be your defensive strategy. When Deng/Brewer/Bogans can switch, it just turns the pick into more iso. At one point Lebron actually waived off a pick from Anthony because he realized all it did was bring Taj over to double team.

The other problem is that because the Bulls shot so well from behind the 3 point arc the first game, they fell in love with shooting it tonight. 3/20 just isnt a great night.

I saw that. If Korver is not in the game down the stretch I doubt if LeBron has the opportunity to hit that big three near the end of the game for the lead (that came soon after the three Korver SHOULD have made).

QUOTE (Felix @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
No, I'm "upset" (not at all, really) with you because you clearly missed the point of his initial post, and then decided to make a big deal of it. I mean s***, maybe if the initial post was made by someone with a well documented history in this thread of bashing the Bulls and discrediting any success Rose has had, then I could understand it. But as is, it sounds as if you're just really pissed off that Rose (and the Bulls) played poorly tonight and want to b**** someone out to prove you're smarter. Congrats. You're right. Rose is a superstar. You're the best!

golf clap for being lame.