2010-2011 NBA Thread

Observation: whenever the Bulls lose a big game, I always discover at least about 2-3 people I know from Chicago (that I grew up with or went to high school with) who randomly become (insert name of other team) fans after the loss, and prior to that point I will usually be completely unaware that they even gave a f*** about basketball. Evidently Jay Mariotti has a lot of kids he doesn't know about.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind seeing a little of the Rose/Watson backcourt late in the game. Its not ideal to have Rose guarding Wade, but hes doign that anyways when korver is on the court. At least it gives some option of defense while having the ability to make a play here and there

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
I wouldnt mind seeing a little of the Rose/Watson backcourt late in the game. Its not ideal to have Rose guarding Wade, but hes doign that anyways when korver is on the court. At least it gives some option of defense while having the ability to make a play here and there

I'd just go with Bogans late in the game. I don't know why he doesn't. Or stick with Brewer.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
I think his agenda was pretty obvious when he posted for the first quarter of the first game but didn't post the rest of the game.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
LOL, this is nothing. Browse back and look at his Game 1 comments. It's obvious he wants them to lose, he just hid it more effectively this game.

I don't really care if he's a true Bulls' hater. Just admit it. Don't masquerade as a fan when you're clearly not. What's there to gain?

Edited by Jordan4life

I love this from yahoo news "LeBron James, fighting a cold, led the Heat's big run in the final seven minutes that defeated the Bulls in Game 2."

Fighting a COLD???? what is he 5 years old? My lord this makes me want to crush my testes with a melon

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
I love this from yahoo news "LeBron James, fighting a cold, led the Heat's big run in the final seven minutes that defeated the Bulls in Game 2."

Fighting a COLD???? what is he 5 years old? My lord this makes me want to crush my testes with a melon

MJ was like coughing up blood and s*** in his hangover flu game. A cold is not even worth mentioning. Who the hell hasn't had to do something while they had a cold?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Something might be wrong with Rose's ankle. For the first time since early in the Atlanta series, I saw that he favored his ankle a bit after he got knocked down late in the game. He missed so many layups inside. It just didn't seem like he was playing like the guy in the past 3-4 games from a physical standpoint.

I seriously hope that's not the case, we can't have a injured Rose playing for the rest of this series and expect to win.

someone else mentioned this to me. they said he was grimacing throughout the game.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 19, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
I also saw him looking a little sore on his ankle during tonights game. Hopefully having 4 days rest will give him some time to heal a bit and give him some strength back in his jumpshot.

I really wonder how badly that ankle is hurt. He had almost a whole week of rest between the first and second rounds. He looked just fine for most of the Atlanta series, hell, he scored 44 points on what could have been a seriously injured ankle.

There's bad games, then there's games where Rose blows a handful of layups where he would normally never miss and then goes to feel for his ankle after he gets knocked down on a foul. I'm not completely sure, but he might have ended up missing the FTs after that foul (or it might have been the foul before that).

Something's not right here.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2011 -> 02:09 AM)
I really wonder how badly that ankle is hurt. He had almost a whole week of rest between the first and second rounds. He looked just fine for most of the Atlanta series, hell, he scored 44 points on what could have been a seriously injured ankle.

There's bad games, then there's games where Rose blows a handful of layups where he would normally never miss and then goes to feel for his ankle after he gets knocked down on a foul. I'm not completely sure, but he might have ended up missing the FTs after that foul (or it might have been the foul before that).

I really can't tell if it's the ankle, fatigue, or just a bad game when he plays like he did tonight. I can just tell immediately when I see his first jump shot how he is going to play.

Only saw the last 4 mins on my lunch break today, but today's result wasn't an upset for me, thought the Heat would come up all guns blazing, which they eventually did down the stretch.

Miami simply did a much better job on the boards this time, looks like the Big 3 took it upon themselves to rectify that situation from Game 1.

Rose obviously didn't have a very good game, more FGA's than points, that 3 airball towards the end, that was just bad offense.

I said coming in I thought Chalmers defense on Rose would be the key to the series but he only played 5 mins tonight, Bibby got 34 mins, which I'm very surprised by.

As for the Bulls, I don't think they can win if Rose isn't on the top of his game. Deng obviously didn't have it today on offense either, and Boozer's pretty much a black hole right now with that injury of his.

Still I think Boozer's contract is going to become Rashard Lewis like bad from the start of next season. I have my doubts whether he can even replicate this season's numbers again going forward considering factors such as his age, injury history and not being a natural fit in Thibs' offense.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)

I think that getting in foul trouble early totally took him out of his rhythm, and then he started trying to force absolutely everything. He still was physically able to get to the hoop, but he was surprised when he got there so he'd start over-faking and expecting the Heat to be there.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 18, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Haslem brought a dimension to the Heat I haven't seen all year. Normally, they just fold and melt down when the D tightens up in the 4th but his s*** was coming out of nowhere and I don't think Thibodeau was ready for that. They still had energy to play tight D in crunch time. Usually they don't.

Part of that I think was that the Bulls just had no video on how Haslem would play for this team, since Haslem hasn't played for this team. Everyone was always out of position on him because no one knew where he'd be or what he'd do.

Overall on reflection...It's really hard for me to say how the Bulls can play a worse game.

They didn't shoot from the field when open, they missed a ton of free throws, Rose missed everything even when he got to the hoop, the refs were atrocious and went for the Heat for the first 2.5 Q's (and made up for it with a call or two for the Bulls in the 4th), Rose got in foul trouble, Korver couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, Asik got hurt and brought Noah in just in time for Noah to bail Wade out with an important foul, Boozer was totally useless, the Bulls were dumbfounded by Haslem's presence, and the rotations simply didn't work.

Despite all that, the Bulls were right in this game until they couldn't score for the last 8 minutes.

It's hard for me to figure out how the Bulls could play a worse game unless someone gets hurt. They'll probably have one that looks worse in Miami because that's how things go on the road, but this is as weak as the Bulls can be on offense and they still were a shot or two away from winning the game.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
You leave him alone. I for one find it refreshing that he can balance posting here, writing for the suntimes, tweeting, playing madden with oney. It's hard to multitask.

That can't be it. Too many big words.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 19, 2011 -> 02:09 AM)

He did come of kind of gimpy at one point after a foul. I wonder if he re-tweeked? Well if it is true, he has until f***ing Sunday to rest it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
And there you have why Rose needs to have the threat of the outside shot. If not, they just pack the lane and deny it.

He didn't have either last night...but the real problem was that no one else did either.

If just one person had been able to hit a shot then it wouldn't have been the collapsing on Rose that we saw.

I feel good about the Bulls today. They really could not have played any worse and were tied with 4 minutes left to play. This, however, is why you have to build a lead on the Heat and have to avoid close games... they have two elite closers.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
I feel good about the Bulls today. They really could not have played any worse and were tied with 4 minutes left to play. This, however, is why you have to build a lead on the Heat and have to avoid close games... they have two elite closers.

I agree. I actually feel better about the loss than I did the win. You just knew there would be a letdown after the anal rape in Game 1. This team is still learning. Get 1 of 2 in Miami (preferably Game 3), then bring it back to Chicago. I'm straight with that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)

The Heat were terrible in close games this season and weren't really all that great yesterday either. The Bulls were just worse.

The Heat may have these "Great closers" but in the last 6:00 of a close game, they switch to all isolation, all the time mode. That works 30% of the time, to first order, no matter who you're dealing with. If you can score 35% of the time, and you don't commit the stupid foul Noah committed to bail them out yesterday, you win against them down the stretch because they go to all iso, all the time mode.

Lebron wasn't taking great shots down the stretch. He made that one big three but missed others. He was taking contested shots. He'll make those 30% of the time, but no better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)

I'm not worried at all. It was a bad game, nothing more. The worst part was all of the standing around on offense and waiting for Rose to do something. When Rose doesn't have his shot, or the lane, that team has to move the ball to create.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
The Heat were terrible in close games this season and weren't really all that great yesterday either. The Bulls were just worse.

The Heat may have these "Great closers" but in the last 6:00 of a close game, they switch to all isolation, all the time mode. That works 30% of the time, to first order, no matter who you're dealing with. If you can score 35% of the time, and you don't commit the stupid foul Noah committed to bail them out yesterday, you win against them down the stretch because they go to all iso, all the time mode.

Lebron wasn't taking great shots down the stretch. He made that one big three but missed others. He was taking contested shots. He'll make those 30% of the time, but no better.

And what's wrong with that? I can see over-reliance on that throughout the whole game. But at the end of the game? They've got the two best iso players in basketball. They should take advantage of that. And is that 30% just some random number you came up with? Because the Heat had the best iso offense (i'm talking actual statistics) in the league this year.