2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
Joe Johnson could easily be moved. Offer him up and the Knicks take him in a heartbeat.

For what? They'd have to come close to matching the salaries. The Knicks have Eddy Curry's expiring they could use this year, but then they'd have nothing to move at all in, for example, a Carmelo deal.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Agreed, the contracts that were given to Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson offseaon make Dengs' deal a lot more favorable. Not to mention the fact that Deng is putting up legitimate numbers across the board.

Speaking of Gay, a lot of people were questioning that deal he got this summer, but I would say Gay's deal isn't looking that bad right now. Is he truly worth the max? Probably not. But how many players are worth a true max deal? He was going to get that money regardless, so the Grizz had to pay him to keep him. There are much worse max contracts out there, especially considering his game has seemingly taken another step this year (see game winner over LeBron the other night). 22 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, and 49% FG (39% from 3). Those are pretty damn good numbers.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Speaking of Gay, a lot of people were questioning that deal he got this summer, but I would say Gay's deal isn't looking that bad right now. Is he truly worth the max? Probably not. But how many players are worth a true max deal? He was going to get that money regardless, so the Grizz had to pay him to keep him. There are much worse max contracts out there, especially considering his game has seemingly taken another step this year (see game winner over LeBron the other night). 22 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, and 49% FG (39% from 3). Those are pretty damn good numbers.

The fact is that he could be putting up these numbers while making a lot less. This coupled with the Conley deal and the Heisey VS Rookies debacle from this offseason just show that the Grizzlies are a financially inept organization.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
The fact is that he could be putting up these numbers while making a lot less. This coupled with the Conley deal and the Heisey VS Rookies debacle from this offseason just show that the Grizzlies are a financially inept organization.

I bet you that there was some anticipation of being able to get out from under a part of those deals by the new CBA in the Grizz's minds when they signed it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Agreed, the contracts that were given to Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson offseaon make Dengs' deal a lot more favorable. Not to mention the fact that Deng is putting up legitimate numbers across the board.

Brendan Haywood will be paid $10 million in 2014-2015. As a 36 year old

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
I bet you that there was some anticipation of being able to get out from under a part of those deals by the new CBA in the Grizz's minds when they signed it.

I have serious doubts that Heisey has anything more then a limited understanding of the CBA. I really think he just misread the market on Gay.

Miami is about to lose to the Pacers.

Wade only has 3-4-5 in 37+ minutes. 1-13 from the field. 0-4 from 3 point range. 1-5 FT. 5 turnovers. You can probably safely pin this loss on him.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
Miami is about to lose to the Pacers.

Wade only has 3-4-5 in 37+ minutes. 1-13 from the field. 0-4 from 3 point range. 1-5 FT. 5 turnovers. You can probably safely pin this loss on him.

They only have to win 65 of their next 68 games to break the record.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
They got it.

Seriously, this is hilarious, I'm getting so much joy watching these assholes lose.

Keeping it 100... I love watching the Heat lose games. This is some awesome poetic justice. Keep this up for the rest of the season, boys!

Only one other player took at least 13 shots from the floor and attempted at least five free throws, and made one or fewer of each: On November 27, 1951, Max Zaslofsky of the Knicks was 1-13 from the floor and 0-5 from the line in an 83-81 loss at the Philadelphia Warriors.
Link