2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
I said it before this series even started, Korver should not be on the floor during this series. He is a terrible match up when it comes to defending Wade or LeBron.

Thank you. I scream at the screen whenever I see him out there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
I said it before this series even started, Korver should not be on the floor during this series. He is a terrible match up when it comes to defending Wade or LeBron.

Then that's going to be a problem. He needs to be out there to stretch the floor. Miami is too good defensively.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
Why doesnt Butler see more time, or even Pargo for that matter. Butler at least has some size and can shoot the 3.

No need for Pargo, as he is a poor man's Korver, but Butler would be a good fit for this series.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 19, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
A heads up- NBA released additional Bulls tix for game 5 on bulls.com . I was about to check a pair out with the intention of Stubhubbing them but decided not to go through the trouble.

Yikes. Over $160 for nosebleeds. No thanks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
No need for Pargo, as he is a poor man's Korver, but Butler would be a good fit for this series.

What kind of team just throws players into the ECF after they barely played all season???

Oh wait...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
Then that's going to be a problem. He needs to be out there to stretch the floor. Miami is too good defensively.

Plus he can easily match up with Mike Miller (or Bibby). Bulls just have to find a solid way of handling the pick and roll/switch scenarios. And on the flip side, Bulls really need to take advantage switching Miller onto Rose when he's on the court.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Plus he can easily match up with Mike Miller (or Bibby). Bulls just have to find a solid way of handling the pick and roll/switch scenarios. And on the flip side, Bulls really need to take advantage switching Miller onto Rose when he's on the court.

Yeah, no idea why they werent exploiting that yesterday, although they probably would've missed those shots too.

I was thinking Irving going #1 until Jalen Rose made a good point yesterday.

You have 2 of the first 4 picks, maximize them. Take Williams number #1 that Brandon Knight as your future PG at #4 instead of Irving at #1 and a ? at #4.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)

You have 2 of the first 4 picks, maximize them. Take Williams number #1 that Brandon Knight as your future PG at #4 instead of Irving at #1 and a ? at #4.

Very valid strategy right there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
Very valid strategy right there.

If it was any other lottery team, I'm taking Irving, but Cleveland has a chance to be creative and be smart.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)

That's not really a good point since it implies that Brandon Knight isn't a question mark.

Since the teams at 2 and 3 don't really need a PF, they could wind up with Irving and Kanter, who just might be the two best players in this draft.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
That's not really a good point since it implies that Brandon Knight isn't a question mark.

Since the teams at 2 and 3 don't really need a PF, they could wind up with Irving and Kanter, who just might be the two best players in this draft.

Kanter is a ?, isn't he.

I would be more confident in Knight because we know what he is and have seen him play. Kanter hasn't played much against good competition the past few years.