2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
Kanter is a ?, isn't he.

I would be more confident in Knight because we know what he is and have seen him play. Kanter hasn't played much against good competition the past few years.

He is because he didnt play in college last year, but he's a pretty damn good player and showed it against some real top talent in All Star games that I saw.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanter is a ?, isn't he.

I would be more confident in Knight because we know what he is and have seen him play. Kanter hasn't played much against good competition the past few years.

Throw me in the Kanter and Irving group. I think they are far and away the two best players in the draft and they happen to play the two toughest positions to fill.

Kanter is a ?, isn't he.

They're all question marks to some extent...

Irving- The safest pick of the group, but he may not have the greatest upside. He's not the freakish athlete that Rose/Westbrook/Wall/Rondo are, so he has to be ultra-efficient and shoot it well. Is he Mike Conley or Chris Paul? That's obviously a huge difference (I'd say somewhere in between).

Williams- He was a stellar college player, but will he be able to find a niche in the pros? He's in the dreaded 'tweener area where he doesn't quite have the size or perimeter experience to be either a full-time 3 or 4. Will he settle in as a stretch-4 like David West or develop enough skills to do one or the other? Or is he going to be a harder working Michael Beasley that doesn't quite fit at the next level?

Kanter- He seems to have the kind of size and skill that teams crave up front and is actually willing to bang inside, but people haven't seen him as much. Where would he rank if he'd been eligible in college? The consensus seems to be he'd be #1 or #2, but it's largely speculation. I'm sure the executives will know a lot more about him than we will.

Knight- Is he really a PG? He didn't have a good assist/turnover ratio in college and had a subpar field goal percentage. His decision making needs a lot of work. Will he get in the paint enough in the pros or settle for jumpers? The tools are there, but he has to make some major improvements.

Walker- Less than ideal size, and for all his hype he wasn't a particularly efficient scorer. Will he be able to finish against the trees in the pros? Will his jumper become a bigger weapon? His upside seems relatively limited.

It gets even spottier after that. Maybe one of the Euros can play, but I don't really know.

If it were me, I'd take the one relatively sure thing in Irving and then hope I can get Kanter at #4. If that doesn't work, I don't know. Vesley sounds like he has potential, but I don't know about his buyout. Maybe Biyombo because he'll at least be able to defend and rebound by most accounts. 4 is a terrible spot in this draft since there's only 3 relatively solid prospects.

Edit- LOL, I just looked at nbadraft.net. I swear I didn't look when I came up with those comparisons earlier in this post even if no one will believe me.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:42 AM)
As an owner Im not sure if I could pay a coach millions of dollars to see nonsense.

How can Durant not touch the ball on a possession, insanity.

That is maddening when he doesn't get the ball, but arguably Brooks did a nice job again tonight, going with the subs down the stretch.

Good thing Collison didn't miss those final two free throws of his, that 10 point lead was fading

quickly.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2382997:date=May 20, 2011 -> 11:10 AM:name=southsider2k5)-->
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
<!--quotec-->You didn't pick up Shaq's CD?

He had a good verse in What's Up Doc by the Fu-Schnickens.

Beat me to it!! Didn't see your post when I posted.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 20, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
:lolhitting

Why do so many athletes insist on doing this? I don't remember it ever ending well.

chris webber was a pretty successful producer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
You didn't pick up Shaq's CD?

At least Shaq was good at basketball. Boozer crossing guys over? Going hard on offense? Right. :lolhitting

This little gem is from LakersGround, debating who's the GOAT, MJ or Kobe, enjoy...

Lakeshow818 wrote:

kobe is better to me...

I watched both of them play for their whole carreer...

kobe's only fault is he gets so sick of failure that he tries too hard to do it on his own....MJ would walk away at that point, or start yelling at his teammates to get their stuff together.....to the point where he would probably refuse to play...

kobe is not like that...he never quits and plays to the end, even with all his injuries........he tries to inspire his team, even though they may not be on board.

I would say top three players are

Magic Johnson

Kobe Bryant

Michael Jordan...

And yes in that order...I would take magic or kobe any day on my team over MJ....MJ was a selfish media whore...and the media pumped him up so much that Kobe will never compete..

people forget, while kobe was rising, he had the rape incident and then lebron came in shortly after....

kobe never had a chance to get the attention MJ did..But for so many years running, he had the hottest selling athletic jersey in the world...

The world loves kobe...the US doesn't for some reason...

Maybe he is too smart for American fans.

Fortunately, other Laker fans took him to task for this bit of idiocy, lol

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
MJ would walk away at that point, or start yelling at his teammates to get their stuff together.....to the point where he would probably refuse to play...

Genius.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
Yeah, we all remember how MJ would quit against the Detroit Bad Boy Pistons because things got too tough, lol

If it's in reference to the retirement thing, dude was coming off 3 straight Championships and his father was murdered (and he may or may not have been serving a gambling suspension). Either way, dumb dumb dumb statement.