2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 23, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
I wish I was confident. Bulls look completely lost on offense. They have looked lost for the last game and a half. It's funny Steve Kerr said in Game 2 Miami just doesn't have an answer and looked like this series was gonna be all Bulls, funny how things changed and now it's the Bulls who don't have an answer. I'm hopeful, but not at all confident.

Right now, the Bulls have proven to everyone that they deserve to be looked at as underdogs.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
Right after the game, TNT was actually running a PSA about how using homosexual slurs as an insult is bad.

They have been running those throughout the playoffs.

Up here, there is a local church also running ads about preventing gay marriage in New York during the same telecast. Awesome.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
I wish I shared this belief and enthusiasm.

Same here.

If they don't figure out Miami in game 4, they have to win 3 straight against Miami. That's hard to do against any team.

Time to ditch the pick and roll on offense. It just brings a second defender up near Rose and stifles his game. Let him be defended one on one and make things happen. Spread everyone else out.

Edited by BigSqwert

Glass half-full:

The Bulls are so far away yet so close. It's one win and we're back to an even series with a slight home advantage. Miami looked dead in the water after game 1 yet the found a way to win game 2. I feel the same coming out of game 3 with the roles reversed. Game 2 was available for the taking, the Bulls just couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I thought the Heat played one of their more complete games and the Bulls played one of their worst. Still, they had a chance to win it with a few minutes left in the game. I still think they can improve their defense, and if someone (Rose, Deng, Noah...) could make some shots, and if the Bulls can make an extended run (when's the last 10-0, 12-2 type run?), I think that's when Miami starts to panic and they go into that ISO offense that fits into the Bulls' defensive scheme.

Glass half-empty:

The problem with the above is the Bulls have been outplayed for two straight games now. Their strengths - defense and depth - simply don't matter for whatever reason. I think the depth would mean more if they had played this series every other day like normal, but the extra 2 days of rest have really helped the shorter rotation of the Heat. The Heat are so long and athletic with their help defense, Rose can't finish around the rim like he normally does. And the Heat have figured out how to rebound better because there haven't been many 2nd chance opportunities.

Game 4 is obviously huge. Win, I think they come back to Chicago with some momentum and I feel a lot better about their chances. Lose, and it's over. Maybe in 5.

Here's to hoping that Stern calls the officiating crew and reminds them that this series is their major money maker and 7 games would be great.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
Same here.

If they don't figure out Miami in game 4, they have to win 3 straight against Miami. That's hard to do against any team.

If they lose game 4, the series is over. They have to win this next game.

I'm just amazed at how bad the Bulls, and more specifically Derrick Rose, have looked in these last two games. Sure, the ticky-tacky bs calls to start each of the last two games hurt, but they are just getting dominated in the 4th quarters of these games with very little hope of scoring.

Thank God the wait for Game 4 is as ridiculously long as it was for Game 3.

I really just want a level playing field. That out of bounds call on Luol Deng was inexcusable. I just can't get over it. Also, on the news this morning they showed 5 baskets that LBJ scored on where he took FIVE STEPS! Five!

It's just depressing... on a level playing field, the Bulls are up 2-1 at worst.

Anyway, I hate being that guy, but it's f***ing true.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
I really just want a level playing field. That out of bounds call on Luol Deng was inexcusable. I just can't get over it. Also, on the news this morning they showed 5 baskets that LBJ scored on where he took FIVE STEPS! Five!

It's just depressing... on a level playing field, the Bulls are up 2-1 at worst.

There was a couple of really bad misses of basic calls too. One that jumps back to me was one where a ball got tipped, the Miami player got it back, but dribbled it to get it back. Then he picked it up, and you could hear the Bulls bench yelling at the officials that he had dribbled, before he started to dribble again with no call.

I said it last night, and I said it again, this looks like a Bulls/Pistons series from the 90s with the way that these games are being called.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)

I don't like being the blame the refs guy either, but this is the exact reason i did not want to play the heat. Every time the bulls started to make a run, and get a stop, then an offensive foul call would come against them, miami ball. Then shooting foul aginst the bulls, two free throws for miami. Rose has to get hacked on his hands on the shot, not on the drive, to get a foul called. It sucks, and it's hard to win with that s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)

It's truly amazing how much travelling is allowed in the NBA. The Bulls do it sometimes too, but no one does it as much as LBJ & Wade. There was one play where James took a step, made a jump stop, landed on two feet, and then took two more steps towards the hoop. If that's not travelling , I don't know what is?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2011 -> 07:43 AM)
NBA officiating is easily the worst of all the major sports.

Yeah and the weird thing is that it's always been that way. Why, I just don't get it.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 23, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
Yeah and the weird thing is that it's always been that way. Why, I just don't get it.

Also probably the hardest to officiate.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)
Also probably the hardest to officiate.

I don't know, hockey and football must be pretty tough too. There's so much going on in both and hockey is so damn fast.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 23, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
It's truly amazing how much travelling is allowed in the NBA. The Bulls do it sometimes too, but no one does it as much as LBJ & Wade. There was one play where James took a step, made a jump stop, landed on two feet, and then took two more steps towards the hoop. If that's not travelling , I don't know what is?

that drove me nuts. and it lead to 2 pts!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 23, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)

You mean the one where he stopped dribbling from about the top of the circle (above the free throw line) and ended up with a layup (on 4 steps). I was ready to throw stuff. Bulls need to up the tempo and big time to have a chance. THey just aren't going to be able to win a half court game against this team (at least not on the offensive end against Miami).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Noah needs to spend the entire summer working on a post up game. It's maddening to watch him get the ball, with no one defending him, just to see him pass it since he's no threat to score.

he got injured right when his summer work started to show. IMO the only thing Noah needs to do next season is stay healthy. His seasons are always cut short for one reason or another

Hopefully the Heat have a letdown on game 4.I told my brother that game 3 was gonna be tough to take and our best chance was game 4...

BTW, if Bosh keeps scoring 30 plus a game, Bulls have no chance, put a body on that fool!!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1