2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
It seems they want a defensive minded coach who has been a head coach before to try to toughen up that side of their game.

Not to mention one who has experience staying out of the way of superstars.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
The way the Heat put their team together really pisses me off. It will be really easy for me to just not pay any attention to the NBA for many seasons.

Why? The Bulls are going to be contenders every year with Rose only getting better.

Yes the Heat may beat us every year but we got Rose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Why? The Bulls are going to be contenders every year with Rose only getting better.

If the Bulls had a SG that could put in 12 pts a game, this series would be over tomorrow in favor of the Bulls.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)

Yes, we have Rose. But the Heat have two better players than Rose who are in their primes. That's kind of a big deal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
Yes, we have Rose. But the Heat have two better players than Rose who are in their primes. That's kind of a big deal.

They have one. Wade is not better than Rose anymore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
Wade is clearly better to me. Only thing Rose does better is shoot free throws.

I'm sure you could argue that for this season, but moving forward I think Wade's decline will change that.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
I'm sure you could argue that for this season, but moving forward I think Wade's decline will change that.

Maybe. Guys like Dirk and Kobe (especially Dirk) are still going plenty strong at age 32. Wade just turned 29 in January. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a force for the next 4-5 years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Wade is clearly better to me. Only thing Rose does better is shoot free throws.

I'd add ball handing and finishing at the rim to that. Rose also carries his team while Wade does not.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Maybe. Guys like Dirk and Kobe (especially Dirk) are still going plenty strong at age 32. Wade just turned 29 in January. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a force for the next 4-5 years.

that is the caveat with Wade. He has always had nagging injuries as well as his major shoulder injury. that kind of stuff wears on players like him and their bodies progressively get harder to maintain. im not saying he cant do it, but Wade hits the ground hard a lot, I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt get up without a limp one time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
I'd add ball handing and finishing at the rim to that. Rose also carries his team while Wade does not.

Of course he doesn't. He plays with the best player in the league. But it was just two years ago he was droppin' 30 PPG with regularity on elite efficiency.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
that is the caveat with Wade. He has always had nagging injuries as well as his major shoulder injury. that kind of stuff wears on players like him and their bodies progressively get harder to maintain. im not saying he cant do it, but Wade hits the ground hard a lot, I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt get up without a limp one time.

I agree with all of this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
There are guys out there who are unrestricted who could work. Problem is, the Heat will get first choice.

You don't think the Bulls will have first choice on SGs considering we can give starter minutes?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)

Wade might be coming out of his prime. He's looked terribly old this series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
That's just this series. Wade is still great. I wouldn't read too much into 4 games.

His style of play just doesn't seem to be sustainable as he reaches his 30s. The same thing is gonna happen to Rose.