2010-2011 NBA Thread

The Bullies are fun to watch. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to get used to Boozer, and while I believe Miami will be there at the end, they are far from invincible. Orlando has a nice roster, but in close games HackaHoward is a nice option. I think the grind of the season is going to take a toll on the Celtics. The Bulls have a shot. It wouldn't surprise me to see them add another scorer at the shooting guard position sometime during the season.

I guess John Paxson wasn't such an idiot for drafting Joakim Noah. It wasn't too long ago many thought Spencer Hawes was a far better option. I remember watching the Chicago Tribune Live show and Kaplan would make cracks about Noah all the time, calling any of his effort fake hustle. If it was fake hustle it isn't anymore. He's a man.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
The Bullies are fun to watch. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to get used to Boozer, and while I believe Miami will be there at the end, they are far from invincible. Orlando has a nice roster, but in close games HackaHoward is a nice option. I think the grind of the season is going to take a toll on the Celtics. The Bulls have a shot. It wouldn't surprise me to see them add another scorer at the shooting guard position sometime during the season.

I guess John Paxson wasn't such an idiot for drafting Joakim Noah. It wasn't too long ago many thought Spencer Hawes was a far better option. I remember watching the Chicago Tribune Live show and Kaplan would make cracks about Noah all the time, calling any of his effort fake hustle. If it was fake hustle it isn't anymore. He's a man.

The one thing about the Bulls is they are going to have to start getting something from the second string. Guys are playing a ton of minutes right now. I'd be really afraid especially of Rose wearing down as the season goes on. At least with Boozer, you know help is coming for the front line. There isn't that in the backcourt. Hell Rose played just about 100 minutes the last two games of a back to back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
The one thing about the Bulls is they are going to have to start getting something from the second string. Guys are playing a ton of minutes right now. I'd be really afraid especially of Rose wearing down as the season goes on. At least with Boozer, you know help is coming for the front line. There isn't that in the backcourt. Hell Rose played just about 100 minutes the last two games of a back to back.

Rose and Noah are both young enought to handle it in short spurts. They were freasher than the Suns in both OT's and they played a tough game the night before.

I hate the NBA but the Bulls are easier to watch then the Hawks right now and my hated of Loual Deng has been surpassed by Patrick Kane.

I think I would take Rose and Noah over Bosh and Wade they are younger and I think together they are better....oh LeBron you f***ed yourself...awesome

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Mike Miller... :lolhitting

HE GIVES THEM THAT OUTSIDE PRESENCE! WHERE WOULD THE BULLS BE WITHOUT KYLE KORVER?

BTW, anybody see Sam Smith rank Luol Deng the 8th best SF in the league ahead of Danny Granger and Brandon Roy? lmao

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)

Its possible, but without Boozer, Rose is the scoring option. So when Boozer comes back, Rose's minutes, while they might not get cut, should be a little less strenuous. He's averaging 38.9 minutes a game and he's 22. Michael Jordan averaged at least 40 minutes a game for 4 years straight starting when he was 23 and only missed one game. Rose loves to play, and is anit-Lebron in the sense you'll never hear he's playing too much out of his mouth. I think DRose has as good of an attitude as any professional athlete.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
HE GIVES THEM THAT OUTSIDE PRESENCE! WHERE WOULD THE BULLS BE WITHOUT KYLE KORVER?

BTW, anybody see Sam Smith rank Luol Deng the 8th best SF in the league ahead of Danny Granger and Brandon Roy? lmao

We all know the Bulls had Jordan, Pippen and Rodman in the late 90's but that 3peat does not happen without Steve Kerr, no way!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Its possible, but without Boozer, Rose is the scoring option. So when Boozer comes back, Rose's minutes, while they might not get cut, should be a little less strenuous. He's averaging 38.9 minutes a game and he's 22. Michael Jordan averaged at least 40 minutes a game for 4 years straight starting when he was 23 and only missed one game. Rose loves to play, and is anit-Lebron in the sense you'll never hear he's playing too much out of his mouth. I think DRose has as good of an attitude as any professional athlete.

Jordan was also put together a little bigger then Rose.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)
I think I'll start ignoring your predictions. Especially after your early season prediction of the Heat and last week's Bears game.

His & everyone's that claimed that the Heat were gonna steamroll everyone.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I think I'll start ignoring your predictions. Especially after your early season prediction of the Heat and last week's Bears game.

lol ok.. so because I was in the majority on the Heat predictions and the Bears got to play a Miami team starting a handful of backups at multiple positions and still were unimpressive?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
God I can't wait for Boozer.

We went toe-to-toe with the Lakers for most of a game without him.

We need a second sniper though, for nights like this when Korver is off.

Boozer gets owned by Gasol though, at least in the playoffs. It'll be good for the Bulls to get Boozer back. Maybe with the Bulls he won't matchup against Gasol like he did with the Jazz.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
lol ok.. so because I was in the majority on the Heat predictions and the Bears got to play a Miami team starting a handful of backups at multiple positions and still were unimpressive?

except you were pretty adamant that it didnt matter who was starting because the defense was going to eat cutler alive and that was that, Miami would win. Didnt quite happen like that. Not that Im surprised that you fell into the backups excuse

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
There is no doubt in my mind that Derrick Rose is the MVP of the NBA right now. Paul is obviously having a great year, but not as good as Rose. Deron Williams might be D-Rose's biggest competition. Rose is def. in the top five, so my bias probably gives his #1, but I just don't see someone who is playing at an elite level that it more important to his team's success.

CP3 and Howard would probably be top 2 in the MVP race right now I'd say.

The Hornets have lost 3 games so far without any substantial improvement on the talent front, that's down to CP3 and Monty Williams. Howard's shown more offensively this season and could average 25/12 with 3-4 blocks a game when it's all said and done.

Rose still needs a lot of work defensively.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Boozer gets owned by Gasol though, at least in the playoffs. It'll be good for the Bulls to get Boozer back. Maybe with the Bulls he won't matchup against Gasol like he did with the Jazz.

I'd anticipate that Noah would be on him, since Noah shut him down the other night and Boozer would be on Odom.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
CP3 and Howard would probably be top 2 in the MVP race right now I'd say.

The Hornets have lost 3 games so far without any substantial improvement on the talent front, that's down to CP3 and Monty Williams. Howard's shown more offensively this season and could average 25/12 with 3-4 blocks a game when it's all said and done.

Rose still needs a lot of work defensively.

It is the only weakness in his game right now. But being as short as he is, he is probably always going to have problems.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Don't forget Bynum there either.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Yeah, that one day that Bynum isnt injured you have to worry about him. The 81 other days you dont

I never count on Bynum for anything.

He's makes Quentin look like a man of steel.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
It is the only weakness in his game right now. But being as short as he is, he is probably always going to have problems.

I wonder how much of Rose's weakness on defense right now relates to the fact that he has to give 100% every possession on offense. Even with his size issues, my big probelm with him is that he's constantly out of position on d.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Even with his size issues, my big probelm with him is that he's constantly out of position on d.

His positioning is definitely the main problem, his size really isn't that much of a factor at all, he's 6'3" while being very strong and athletic, definitely not too small for a pg.